[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Great Mod Amra....thank you very much for it.

Just one critique though...how could someone as smart as you for creating such a mod be a Vikes fan? :p

Dave

stongatola said:
Great Mod Amra....thank you very much for it.

Just one critique though...how could someone as smart as you for creating such a mod be a Vikes fan? :p

Dave
Thanks & you're welcome. What can I say about the Vikings other than it's hard to teach an old dog a new trick. Been watching them for over 30 years and I'm still waiting for them to win that Superbowl. :rolleyes:

Hey Everyone,

Just uploaded a new patch. Look for patch "B" in the first post. Here's what I fixed & thanks to everyone for your help.

** Version 2.0b (Warlords) **
- Edited Bonus Infos file in an attempt to increase Sulphur & Rubber placement on maps
- Fixed Chinook error (Thanks keldath). However, unit can no longer travel over water (for now), sorry
- Fixed Error with Pipeline improvement icon
- Fixed stats on Mongol Keshik (Knight)

** Version 2.0a (Warlords) **
- Fixed Deganawida audio error
- Fixed 2 Firaxis Audio errors (found while trying to locate CTD source)
- Fixed xml error with Mongolia Keshik Warrior that was cause of CTD error reported by saint1979 (Thanks to saint1979 for two save games)

Obviously, Patch "B" includes the fixes from patch "A". Enjoy ;)

Amra said:
1. I know that some people like & some don't like various animals, units or civs. All I can do is say I'm sorry but I happen to like the Werewolves & Griffons. I realized going in that they are not historically accurate but I am trying to just have fun with this modpack.

I like 'em. Sure, they aren't realistic, but a bit of variety is fun. I would love it if other critters like dragons turned up and ravaged the country (vanishing with scientific method perhaps?) Or if you want to make it more modern, king kong and godzilla as barbarians!

The water animals mod is supposed to include a kraken as a sample of what could be done. Maybe someone could do other sea monsters big and small? Hunting Moby Dick with caravels could be interesting...

Guys, I need help. I am getting error message of bad allocation memory. What is the problem? Please help.

hi, is this the right place to ask question about amravolution (I can't find a separate thread)?

If so, here it goes: I want to switch the city radius back to 2 from 3. I went in to the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file in the directory Warlords/Mods/Amra's.../Assets/XML/. But the value under min city radius is already listed as 2, unlike in the straight up Amra V2 modpack, in which it is listed as 3. Still, in all three amravolution games i've played, the city radius is 3.

I tried playing around with the value in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file (took it down to 1, and then to 0), but no dice. Any suggestions for how I can go back to 2 square city radius in amravolution? Pls keep in mind that my tech abilities are at best limited (as is probably clear from my lame attempts at fixing the problem myself) ... thx

hi -- is this the right place to ask a question about the very excellent amravolution modpack (I can't find a separate thread).

If so, here it goes: I want to change the city radius back to 2 squares from 3 squares. I tried editing GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in the directory Warlords/Mods/Amra's.../Assets/XML/ but found that the value for the min city radius is already listed as 2, unlike in Amra's V2, where it is listed as 3.

So I played around with it a bit more (lowered it to 1, and then to 0) but no dice. Any suggestions? Please keep in mind that my tech abilities are limited at best (as is probably clear from my lame attempts at fixing the problem myself).

Thx in advance for any help. And thx to all who help put together the fantastic modpack.

SaintMatthew said:
I want to change the city radius back to 2 squares from 3 squares. I tried editing GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in the directory Warlords/Mods/Amra's.../Assets/XML/ but found that the value for the min city radius is already listed as 2, unlike in Amra's V2, where it is listed as 3.

Have you double-checked to make sure you're editing the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file in the Mods/Amravolution/ directory? Maybe try clearing Civ's cache by holding down shift as the game loads. Maybe make sure you don't somehow have a duplicate of the file in your customassets folder (there's a shortcut from the Warlords directory).

I just installed the mod in the warlords/mods folder it will load,shows Amra's Modpack v2 it in upper right corner but I try to play custom game and it's the standard game with none of the civs or leaders of the mod.Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Got it running deleted contents of custom assets folders in both Warlords folders. My game and warlords folders also deleted cache then reinstalled, works fine great job!

jchalm said:
Got it running deleted contents of custom assets folders in both Warlords folders. My game and warlords folders also deleted cache then reinstalled, works fine great job!

Can you please put in simple step by step :confused: , I'm having the same problem.

Mont said:
Have you double-checked to make sure you're editing the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file in the Mods/Amravolution/ directory? Maybe try clearing Civ's cache by holding down shift as the game loads. Maybe make sure you don't somehow have a duplicate of the file in your customassets folder (there's a shortcut from the Warlords directory).

edited the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file (in which the value was originally set at 2), cleared the cache and checked for duplicate files (there were none). but the problem persists, at least in amravolution. any other ideas? thx.

Fiat BIS said:
Can you please put in simple step by step :confused: , I'm having the same problem.
Fiat Bis this is what I did first start by removing the mod from program files\fraxis games\civ 4\warlords\mods.Then delete the contents of this folder Documents and Settings\Home\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets also check program files\fraxis games\civ 4\warlords\custom assets make sure it's empty.After checking both CustomAssets folders making sure they are empty then do a search for this folder Application Data\My Games\Warlords\cache and delete the cache folder and then reinstall the mod.Hope this helps worked for me

Amra, I think this would be a good idea since your mod kind of takes a long time to load up because of its enormity. Kael has found a way to decrease loading time ten-fold! I think what you have to do is use pakbuild for all of the art files and pak them up, and then it loads faster. But I have heard that it actually increases the whole file size... but it still loads much faster.

i have a bug (not only for this mod but also, for fall from heaven and eusebius world religion). The game symbols are all messed up. Any idea what could be causing it?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 178
lovelylittleboy said:
i have a bug (not only for this mod but also, for fall from heaven and eusebius world religion). The game symbols are all messed up. Any idea what could be causing it?

Weird mine does not act like this

Top Bottom