[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

-Future Age (predict out future for once, something realistic)

The mod is called Total Realism - therefore IMO Science Fiction has no part in this mod.

how exactly do assassins work? playing as augustus in the classical age, i put my assassin in a japanese city and start a revolt this way. however, later on in the medieval age, i try the same in another city and nothing happens even though i put two in there and leave them for 10 turns. Is this a bug or is there something i dont know about how assassins function?
anyway, absolutely brilliant mod, thx for the hard work

I was wondering since Europe on the map is so overcrowded , and south america
has only 1 nation the Incas to compete for the whole continent. If (and i do know this is a bit to ask) a unit set and civ set for a nation like the Tupi-who lived in the Amazon rainforest could be added to a New World Map version and the Celtics(yes yes the Irish part of me is angry right now) could be taken off. This way the English would stand a little better chance, and the Incas would not stand unopposed in South America. I understand that adding a whole new country posses no small challange but i feel it would help even out europe and south america abit. I can do any reasearch if you wont to look for viable unit and or historical contents to help , but sadly Im rather useless when it comes to modding and such.

P.S. A Wikipedia exert on the Tupi.(The Tupi people are one of the main ethnic groups of Brazilian indigenous people, together with the related Guaraní. They first inhabited the Amazon rainforest, then spread southward and gradually occupied the Atlantic coast. From the sixteenth century onward the Tupis, like other natives from the region, were assimilated, enslaved or simply exterminated by Portuguese and Spanish settlers, nearly leading to their complete annihilation as a culture, with the exception of a few isolated communities. The remnants of these tribes are today confined to indigenous reservations or acculturated to some degree into the dominant society. In southeastern Brazil they are an important presence in the genetic pool, while constituting a considerable portion of the lower classes in the North, Northeast, and Center-West.)

A quick question -- has anyone experienced a failure once they discover railroad? My system crashes at railroad without an explination - screen goes black and civ closes. Went back two turns to a previously saved spot and the same thing happened as soon as the "pig iron" text appeared but before it completed. Anyone else have this happen?

OK - False Alarm -- I re-installed TR and the crash at railroad problem went away - must have been an installation glitch.

Ya you gotta go back and delete all thoughs extra saves and any other ones you may have done yourself( just remember to keep the one thats good and you wont). Had the same problem my self and i think thats what i did to clear it up.

how exactly do assassins work? playing as augustus in the classical age, i put my assassin in a japanese city and start a revolt this way. however, later on in the medieval age, i try the same in another city and nothing happens even though i put two in there and leave them for 10 turns. Is this a bug or is there something i dont know about how assassins function?
anyway, absolutely brilliant mod, thx for the hard work

*I THINK* that if you load a game with assassins in position, they no longer work and you have to move them in an out of the city again.

I still can't download the Mod. It just says it is trying to connect to the download site and never does.

Hi all,

Back from holidays in Paris. Happy new year to all !

I've read most of your posts. Many complains about slaves/peasants revolts...Do you know that we had already lowered the base value from beta to Gold ? But we will look at that....

Someone (sorry forget your name) ask for a new unit: Galleass. I have add it as a special unit for Ottoman and Rome, ONLY.
I also add some new ones. It's a surprise.... wait for a patch ;)

I also read about a problem with the few buildings to add in early game. I agree. We look at that time for solutions to this problem.

About civics: Classical democracy is a new civic that need to be tested. Maybe the negatives are too strong. I HOPE and WAIT some feedbacks and suggestions, guys ! Adding some new civics is also among our ideas. Feel free to give your suggestions.

About maps: we have no time to make new ones. Sorry. We know it's a problem for slow computers. If somebody want to make one, feel free...:mischief:

Time to take some rest after three big days in Paris. I'm exhausted... too much food, alcohol and girls...;)

Hian the Frog.

yeah the slavery need to change, it only spawn barbarians (too many as well). To change all this, make some of the captured people revolt instead of barbarians. This will make it realistic then auto spawning barbarians.

I just installed the mod and was reading the change log for the Better AI component of the mod. I'm curious since Blake's mod has updated to a newer version of Total Realism will eventually include it with an update?

There is one aspect of the game that drives me crazy for a long time, and it is the minimum war time, there just should'nt be such a thing. These option makes any war a global war...You can't just get a sity, or lose one and be off, and it just shouldn't be like that.

I belive that in a "realistic" mode a short war must be at least optional.
I do know that the short wae has it's problems, but i'm just too tired of all these wars that lasts for ever withought any chance of a peace treaty.

I'm playing a game on a world map as persian, noble level. As many people complained about this scenario, saying they reach a moment where there is nothing to do than build units and delet them because of economical problems, here I have my opinion. First suggestion, when you have many expenses for city and military maintenance, set your city governor with commerce as prioritarity, this allow you to set science output around 15-20 %. Second, build only chariots and use them as kamikaze, giving them accuracy as promotion to have more collateral damages, and conquering cities this way. When your cities have 5-6 defenders and you have already a strong attacking army you dont need anything else than chariots to use as catapults. Third, dont set your workers on auto, better use them manually and build more cottages you can, until calendar, currency and code of laws (plantations, markets and courthouses). After that set them on auto to work plantations and stop worring about money, cash will flow as rivers!
Dont forget of course to spread all possible religions (for monasteries) and build the religious wonder as soon as possible, if you have this possibility
In my last game I have around 20 cities at 200 AD, deep in medieval times, I earn 150 money/turn and get new technology every 6-7 turns. This way the scenario is playable, but if you like to play a peaceful game then you have no chances than get dead boried. Bye!

I'm playing a game on a world map as persian, noble level. As many people complained about this scenario, saying they reach a moment where there is nothing to do than build units and delet them because of economical problems, here I have my opinion. First suggestion, when you have many expenses for city and military maintenance, set your city governor with commerce as prioritarity, this allow you to set science output around 15-20 %. Second, build only chariots and use them as kamikaze, giving them accuracy as promotion to have more collateral damages, and conquering cities this way. When your cities have 5-6 defenders and you have already a strong attacking army you dont need anything else than chariots to use as catapults. Third, dont set your workers on auto, better use them manually and build more cottages you can, until calendar, currency and code of laws (plantations, markets and courthouses). After that set them on auto to work plantations and stop worring about money, cash will flow as rivers!
Dont forget of course to spread all possible religions (for monasteries) and build the religious wonder as soon as possible, if you have this possibility
In my last game I have around 20 cities at 200 AD, deep in medieval times, I earn 150 money/turn and get new technology every 6-7 turns. This way the scenario is playable, but if you like to play a peaceful game then you have no chances than get dead boried. Bye!

Well, as a response to that I'll say the experience between playing on Noble and playing on Prince or Monarch is quite different. You progress a lot slower, and until you hit Currency setting your cities on auto doesn't matter -- they can't build any of Wealth/Culture/Research automatically. They have to build a unit. And while, sure, I could pump out Chariot units and kamikaze them on the enemy that's not really a great way to deal with the enemy on higher difficulty levels. Because they will have large forces at their disposal, and unless you do the same they will stomp all over you -- and as soon as you start assembling a large force, your economy begins to take a nosedive (and so does your research, and thus the road to Currency becomes even longer).

I'm not saying that I want to play a peaceful game and get bored -- on higher difficulty levels the AI is all too willing to invade you if you're not careful -- but if we're going to have this long stretch of time in the Ancient and Classical periods (periods that the regular game just whips through in no time flat) I'd like the opportunity to not waste my cities on units I either have to delete or be forced into a war I might not be ready for simply to burn off units that are costing me too much money. That doesn't seem too realistic, either, and realism is supposed to be the goal here.

Hi all,

About the problem of "nothing to build on earlier time": i m looking for that. Stay cool we will find a solution.

About the level of play: there is a big difference between Noble and Prince. We usually test it on Prince as the AI is stronger and gives a better challenge.

About Civic: i m making some changes in Classical democracy and i m working on a new one. Wait for the patch, please.

Hian the Frog

Top Bottom