World War II in the Pacific

Dear Hell Hawk,

It is my understanding that there will be some code issues when switching from vanilla to Warlords; much like when trying to play a scenario that was created before a patch update.

Did that make sense?

Nonetheless, I want to believe your recommendation and then be able to play this scenario. I'll be sure to let you know how this pans out.

Have a pleasant day/evening.

Yes, but when you install warlords you can play Warlords, or Just Civ 4. Installing warlords doesn't take away the option of playing non-warlords Civ 4, it's basically like having two programs instead of one.
So when you want to play non warlords mods/scenarios just load civ 4, and not civ 4 warlords, and they still all work fine.

Dear Hell Hawk,

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea they behaved as seperate programs - essentially.

Enjoy your weekend.

Not tried this mod for myself, but I'm interested to know how well this might potentially work multiplayer.

Would it be balanced enough to have a human as each player the Japanese versus the Allies without it being too easy for one side or the other?

I downloaded a new version and now it keeps saying I lose everytime I tried to load up a scenario.

That's probably because you did not install the mod/scenario properly. Where (what path/folder) have you installed it?

I put it here:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods

Thanks for the quick response.

What label are you using for the mod itself? Is it:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WWII in the Pacific?

I just copied what it gave me for the download. I'll go check it right now....

Yep the name is correct, and all 4 are in there.

Is the download currently corrupt right now?

It worked before and I downloaded a new copy and replaced it with that one, now it doesn't want to work. :(

I always download a copy of everything I upload to make sure it works. I haven't noticed any unusual things with this version.

Are you on a Mac by any chance?

Did you delete the old version before unzipping the new one? Might be a good idea.

I'd suggest you go into the mod's publicmaps fodler and double-click on the file there. It should launch your scenario...

Good luck.

Thanks, I tried that though. :(

Still didn't work, I'll try deleting it and putting it in again though.

Alas, the problem may be in Vista itself... :(

I can't think of anything else, however if the previous version worked, it stands to reason this one should. :confused: I assume you're loading it the same way and doing everything as before.

Alas, the problem may be in Vista itself... :(

I can't think of anything else, however if the previous version worked, it stands to reason this one should. :confused: I assume you're loading it the same way and doing everything as before.

Yep. :confused:

I am not sure whats going on, I tried running it as an administrator and no success.

Hmm... this may have something to do with the Desert War code I used as a base. (That was part of the original which I'd planned to use later, but haven't done anything with yet.)

What version of Warlords are you using? (Silly question, I know.)

Top Bottom