A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

Have you tried to colonize another system? (if you can't then there might be a problem), I have no problems...

Sorry for the delay (had to update my CIV Gold scens to CIV Gold BTS 4.0 Final, which was released early last week), but I think I did. I dorta gave up when I scouted around alot and never met any other civs or barbs plus the advances didn't seem to give any benefits. So after I checked the civpedia and saw no further buildings or units or anything I sorta chucked it in.:mischief:

What did you think of the picture i used of G'Kar?

That pic is great, love it!

... but I think I did.
glad to hear.

I dorta gave up when I scouted around alot and never met any other civs or barbs plus the advances didn't seem to give any benefits. So after I checked the civpedia and saw no further buildings or units or anything I sorta chucked it in.:mischief:

Yep!, there is still a lot of work to do.

@PsiCorps
Could you list the problems you're having?, I can help faster that way, I have little time after work to do an in-deep search of problems, as I have said I got G'kar and the Narn civ working (at least in civilopedia), so it will be way faster to check on that than going trough the whole thing.

At present in the civilopedia i have no leader head showing for G'Kar(now G_Kar):) and his name appears as TXT_LEADER_NARN_G'KAR. When you select it there is only a blank page.
Again in civilopedia when you select the Narn Civilization, i get the small picture of G'Kar but no text. The default Tech is same as Minbari at present. Until i resolve these issues there's not much point in seeing if i can select the race to play.:cry:
On the plus side i have asked GeneralMatt to look at some of the models for the Homeworld 2 B5 mod to see if it is possible to convert them to 3ds Max 6 or 7. I Don't know what his answer will be but as soon as i have it i will post it here.:D

Have you tried using Control+F, and then searching for the error in notepad?
Missed this one. No, i haven't yet tried this but i will do so now it has been pointed out to me. Thanks for that.

As i seem to be able to do the pictures for the leaderheads without any problems, i'll sort out a few more and pass them onto you and leave the civ creation bit to you :lol:
Back to you Premier

OK, I just got home from work, I'll try to answer the issues.

But first I must insist, to remove all (') replacing them with (_), that includes file names (file system), file references (CivIV), TEXT references (CivIV), etc..., I have no idea if CivIV can handle the apostrophes or if the file system will have an exception while trying to handle them, but there is no point risking the issue.

About the TEXT references:
Spoiler :

TXT_LEADER_NARN_G_KAR -with the (') replaced- is a reference that points to a text entry in a xml file in the Assets/XML/Text/ folder, every xml file in this folder will be loaded by the game (regardless of its name), so I recomend having a xml file per race and a few others, such as the technologies and others. If no text reference is found then the reference appears as plain text in the game.

About the G'kar LeaderHead:
Spoiler :

Code:
<LeaderheadArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_G'KAR</Type>
            <Button>,Art/interface/LeaderHeads/G'Kar button.dds</Button>
            <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/G'Kar.dds</NIF>
            <KFM></KFM>
            <NoShaderNIF></NoShaderNIF>
            <BackgroundKFM></BackgroundKFM>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

First you have to remove the (,) from the path, when the comma is used the game will expect a mapped image, I believe there is no problem, but we should keep a standard anyway.

Now, in the <Button> tag:
>> the path is: Art/interface/LeaderHeads/G'Kar button.dds
However such path doesn't exist, you should place the correct path
>> real path: Art/LeaderHeads/G_kar/G_Kar Button.dds

In the <NIF> tag:
>> path: art/LeaderHeads/G'Kar.dds
again the path should be:
>> path: art/LeaderHeads/G_Kar/G_Kar.dds

And in the <Type> tag you have:
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_G'KAR</Type>
However in the CIV4LeaderHeadsInfo.xml in the G'Kar definition you are pointing to: <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_LEADER_NARN</ArtDefineTag>

OK, this should solve some issues, I'm not sure this will address all the bugs, but at least should get rid of some of them. If there are more, you know where to find me ;)

:thanx:That helped enormously. I Found a couple more errors that i had made. I'm a firm believer in learning from mistakes it also helps if someone can say 'there is a mistake on that line, it should look like this' i can use that as a basis to figure out what other errors i've made and what needs to be done to correct them. So :band: i've learnt a lot. Gonna try and figure out how to add the Civilopedia texts next, or rather, how to make them show up as i've already added them. It's probably something real simple, the info you've given me has helped me understand an awful lot more. Gonna go and try some more XML stuff now. :goodjob:

Good to hear it helped, about the civilopedia entries you're right, it is simple, I'm sure you will succeed in this.:thumbsup:

Not much to report on my front since the work doesn't leave much time to mod, but I believe I'm going to have some free days next week, so I expect to be able to work on this project, I don't know, perhaps add a few civs or something.

[party]well for me any way:lol:

I Finally found all my little errors and got the Narn Regime added as a Civ. :woohoo::goodjob:
Time to move on and tackle another Civ, and i think i'll go for the Centauri and Londo Mollari. :cool:
Once i am comfortable with where i have to place things to make sure they reference each other correctly i'll start on the tech descriptions.
If i can get the Centauri and Human (Sheridan) done this weekend i'll (try to) upload them for your perusal.

:clap:

I just found a way to take screenshots from a DVD (it was there right in front of me all the time :blush:), so my next adding will be a William Morgan Clark LeaderHead.

Hi All
I've had a busy weekend working on this and here is what i've done:-
Added the Earth Alliance and Leader Sheridan (Cannot get the picture to work, i think it's just a bad picture, replace if you can)
Added the Centauri Republic and Leader Londo (Again cannot get the picture to work, i think it's just a bad picture, replace if you can)
Fixed Problem i was having with G'Kar and have added pedia texts.
Added pedia text for Minbari/Valen.

I Think i've placed all the required info in this upload. please let me know if i've missed/forgotten something.

Enjoy

:goodjob: Great!, looking forward to see them in action, I'll see what I can do about the pics.

On my front, I have also worked on the Earth Alliance this weekend:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I won't have time today to merge all the stuff, but I have two more freedays this week, so, next weekend I'll post the next version.

Hi everyone!, Ok, I tested v0.1.4c everything worked except the pictures, XML coding was right, so I checked the pics, they were in "8 bit DDs", I'm not sure what the problem could have been but once I reformatted them to "DXT1 DDS" the problem dissapeared.
Oh!, and the G'kar ArtDef entry had a few minor bugs.

Today's work was to merge PsiCorps version with my own, and a few adds:
Spoiler :

- EA Leader: W.M. Clark
- EA Leader: S. Luchenko
- Major Power's Buttons
- EA Leader Sheridan Improved
- Centauri Leader L.Mollari Improved
- Minor XML adjustments
- Version Control File
- Mod installer (bat)

v0.1.5

I haven't been able to access this forums upload system, so I uploaded the new version to my alternate site, sorry for any inconvenience (slower server).

Also, as this is a merge of two versions it is possible that I have bypassed a few things, please notify me to make the corrections.

About the installer, please read the (provided) instrucctions.

Hi All
I've spent today going over everything we've done so far. There were a couple of errors in text/spelling which i've corrected. A huge part of the Centauri pedia text was missing. I've put that back in other than that it's "So far so good" :)
I've been looking for some text to put in for Luchenko and Morgan Clark but there is little background to their characters to use. I'll put in what i've found just to give you something to read if you look at them.
I've been looking through the Tech stuff and i think i'm ready to start putting some pedia entries onto them. That's going to take me a while to do so next time i upload the files it will be with the Tech pedias and the corrections i've made.:D
No further along with the ship models/animations at the moment but will keep you posted.
Be Seeing You

Alright, next I'm going for the other Minbari leaders(Dhukat, Delenn, Neroon) and to add the Dilgar and Jha'Dur.

Did the installer worked? my windows profile has two words, so I couldn't test it properly.

About the Narn, was Na'fal the one who tried to kill G'Kar?, what you say about warleader G'sten?

OH!!, I just play-tested the spiral galaxy map script and is GREAT!!!!, I recomend it a lot. Actually I just requested permission to distribute it with our mod, but I want to hear (err... read) what do you think of it.

Hi All
I Have some new information for you but first i'll go to Premier and answer his notes.
Alright, next I'm going for the other Minbari leaders(Dhukat, Delenn, Neroon) and to add the Dilgar and Jha'Dur.
Can't wait to see them. Do you want me to do the Pedia texts for them?

Did the installer worked? my windows profile has two words, so I couldn't test it properly.
I'll be honest, i didn't use the installer.:blush:

About the Narn, was Na'fal the one who tried to kill G'Kar?, what you say about warleader G'sten?
Councillor Na’Far was the leader the Centauri put in place after the war. Councillor Du'Rog was the member of the Kha'Ri that tried to have G'Kar assassinated by the Thenta Makur agent Tu'Pari.
Warleader G'Sten should be kept as a Great General for the Narn.
Warleader Na'Kal should also be kept as a Great General for the Narn.
Which reminds me, i did once see mention of a mod that gave Great people to the Nations they originally came from. If we could find this and incorporate it into our mod it would definitley give the mod a lot more flavour.

OH!!, I just play-tested the spiral galaxy map script and is GREAT!!!!, I recomend it a lot. Actually I just requested permission to distribute it with our mod, but I want to hear (err... read) what do you think of it.
Had a quick look at the Spiral Galaxy map script, i agree, it does look great.

Onto the other stuff now. I've done maybe a fifth of the descriptions for the Techs so far. I did come across one tech that needs to be renamed as it doesn't appear to exist within the B5 universe.(My bad didn't read thoroughly enough when i was doing the tech tree first time around.) Ion Power should be renamed as Matter/Antimatter Power Systems and should now be placed after Ion Particle Engine. Other than that i still got loads of work to do on the pedia texts for the Tech tree so gonna get on with that.:crazyeye:

@PsiCorps
Yeah!, if you can do the Pedia entries go ahead, thanks.

My bad, my Narnology needs more work! :lol:. About the map script, I just received word from Cephalo, we can distribute the map script with the mod!. About the tech... I don't follow, but if you said so, it will do.

Installer worked fine. Otherwise: good progress! :goodjob:

Glad to hear.
Onto other things, yesterday night, while having some :beer: with a few friends, an idea about Jump-points came to my mind:
Spoiler :

1. Give some ships the ability to BUILD a Jump-Point IMPROVEMENT.
2. Give culture to the jump point (single square).
3. Paradroop (jump) from the improvement.
4. Remove the Jump-point improvement onEndTurnSet.

Of course, jump points could only be built on neutral and owned territory, and allies could use them.
I'm not sure if this idea is feasible, anyway, we agreed to leave more advanced stuff for later.

I have taken some screenshots for the Dilgar and Minbari leaderheads, I'll try to add them in the next days.
But speaking about the Dilgar, any ideas for the Dilgar civ Button????:confused:

Top Bottom