[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

Actually . . . I just checked my config and I am running approx 251Mb of video memory with a 1366x768 resolution which should accept almost any rendering. I would suggest that you check your DirectX version and your video memory. Although Civ4 BTS says thatyou only need 64Mb of video memory . . . you really do need double that at least to handle the graphics. That's my experience at least

forgive the dumb question, but how do I check my config?

Go to Main Screen/Start/Configuration/System. It displays your comp's system properties (under "General", I presume).

What? You don't have a Start button?:confused: (If you press "Start", the selection I just mentioned, should appear; I have Windows XP as well.)

What? You don't have a Start button?:confused: (If you press "Start", the selection I just mentioned, should appear; I have Windows XP as well.)

Of course I have a start button, it the Configuration/System part I don't have..

I'm still confused: if I press Start, this listing screen appears:

- My Documents
- My Pics
- This Comp

(I'm translating, cause I'm Dutch, but it appears standard installed; otherwise, I don't know.)

Press "Start", then press "Settings", then press "Control Panel", then double click on the "system icon".

Depends on what theme you use in XP. I use Windows Classic theme and for me it's Start -> Settings -> Control Panel

P.S. I'm Dutch as well, but I always use English versions of software, simply so I don't have to translate when helping out other people ;)

sorry to cause confusion.

For XP (i) right click any where on the screen to get "Display Properties". (ii) select the "Settings" tab and then (iii) select the "Advanced" button. Finally (iv) select the "Adaptor" tab and it should tell you how much video memory is installed. I'm doing this from memory so apologies if i missed something.

For Vista (i) right click any where on the screen and select the "Personalise" option. (ii) Then select the "Display Settings" option and then (iii) select the "Advanced" button. Finally (iv) select the "Adaptor" tab (if it isn't the first one anywy) and it should tell you how much video memory is installed (both dedicate and shared). The total is what is important I think.

@Amra

I have just got my first victory with Amra's BTS. Of course I have been missing around with many games before this one. It seemed to me that it is a good occasion for expressing my gratitude for the wonderful work you have put into this modpack. It is for sure much more than just one's regular cup of civ. Though it has no game play modifications still the great variety of civs and the interface changes just allow the most enjoyable (Normal) BTS experience. Thanks again and looking forward for your next piece of art.

I can now play a 3 multiplayer game. I disabled some BUG options from the machine which could not "spawn" in the map and also changed the order of the player in the room. I switched the problem from player 3 to player 2. Can't explain why but it is now working fine.. we are mid-game.

@kalimakhus
:thanx:

@loke.be
Thanks again for helping to test out the multiplayer aspect. :goodjob:

@everyone
Thanks for trying to help Fiat BIS with his startup problem. Fiat BIS, I'm sorry you are unable to play the mod. This modpack adds a lot of new LH art & Unit art to standard BtS and it could just be that it is overwhelming your system. Sorry. :(

On another note, I have prepared a small patch and will post it later tonight. Click on the spoiler below for a list of items fixed (nothing really major).

Spoiler Patch 3.01 details :

** Version 3.01 Basic (Beyond the Sword v3.13) **
- Fixed audio problem involving Audio3DScripts.xml
- Fixed error with ARTSTYLE_MESO_AMERICA in CIV4CityLSystem.xml
- Fixed error with ARTSTYLE_WEST_EUROPEAN in CIV4PlotLSystem.xml
- Changed Canada's city ArtStyle to European (thanks Fierabras for catching the error)
- Changed Pirates city ArtStyle to European
- Added more units to Siam Unit ArtStyle
- Added Modern Asia City ArtStyle by GarretSidzaka
- Added Modern Europe City ArtStyle
- Added Fantasy city set by Hrochland
- Updated BUG Mod to v2.21
- Added Greek Axeman (for when playing as Troy)
- Added more Hyboria ArtStyle units by StrategyOnly and FFH2 Team
- Changed Assyria UB Art to better model
- Removed duplicate cities from Scythian list (thanks JEELEN)
- Fixed Peltast name
- Fixed error with Magyar Heavy Horseman unit art
- Fixed error with Canada Chariot unit art
- Fixed Aesir Flag
- Fixed Hyboria Flag
- Fixed Assyria Flag
- Fixed icon for German Maceman/Heavy Footman
- Fixed icon for Armenia Fedayee
- Added Amra version info to Civilopedia Game Concepts
- Added new Main Menu screen
- Fixed icon for Hyborian Maceman/Heavy Footman
- Changed Aesir Unit ArtStyle to Viking (Doh!)
- Tweaked various Derivative civs in CivilizationInfos.xml
- Changed Cuirassier strategy text to reflect VD name change

If someone has noticed anything else, please let me know today and I'll try to squeeze in a fix.

I also will repackage the Basic modpack (with patch) and checkout FileFront to upload it there as some people have expressed a dislike for AtomicGamer. If you have already downloaded the modpack, you won't need to again, you can just download & apply patch 3.01

Off to work now. :hammer2:

hey,

somthing inside me tells me to merge overlord2 with your v3....im not sure how much time ill be able to resist.

this is how visa was born you know....
:lol: Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm sure more than a few people would play it. You might want to wait until I've posted the 3.01 patch, though.

Speaking of which... I know I said I was going to post it tonight (right about now), but I'm going to take another day as I noticed that both Zerver & Bakuel both uploaded a lot of flavor units yesterday and I'd like to look thru them to see what I can use.

I'd rather add them to patch 3.01 then to make another patch afterwards. So, hopefully tomorrow. Sorry, but everyone will get more bang for their patch this way. :D

@JEELEN
Sorry it took me a couple days to get to it but thank you for updating the Earth map to BtS. I've included a link in the Add-ons section.

Also, to anyone who has experienced a missing interface with their Civ4 Complete installation & my modpack, I've updated the FAQ (question#1) with a link to the BUG Mod discussion & fix for this.

Eagerly awaiting the patch....:drool:
Hopefully later tonight, Friday at the latest.

Last night I added Zerver's units he recently posted and then tonight I'll add Bakuel's Ethiopian & Mali units. And I also added a 2nd Nubian LH (Taharqa) by Mourndraken last night. I thought it looked unique enough that I would add him to the modpack.

Top Bottom