Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Do you have a diagram, map like, of buildings, or other stuff about the project?
If you do have, could you send it to me?
I'm thinking to drop something on the suggestions and ideas forum, and a good place to start would be the building structure of AND.
If you do not have however, i probably will build one based on it.

hey afforess,

i wanna try to use a new dawn with some of my overlord2 parts, i wanna merge the techs, units and such, cause your structure is awesome,

the sdk source is on the svn posted on the sub forum of a new dawn?

p.s,

ive merge revdcm 2.8 with advanced diplo, i played with both a-d and ruthless, and i think something was wrong,
pm me if your interested.

cheers.

Yeah, everything is on the SVN. The source code, the installer, the XML, everything is in the trunk. ;)

hello you,

i have been waiting eagerly for civ 5 to come out, and when it came it was all crap and i almost started to be depressed. then, i found rom, and then i found your mod.

i used to play civ 4 with a friend over the internet and we have never used mods before. now we used rom 2.92 and we found that it caused a lot of oos, making us rejoin the game every 5 min and less. it went so far that we have had to look for SettlersEventManager.py and CvEventManager.py but of coruse we didnt understand anything and didnt really want to script too much. in fact, we just want to play a complex civ4 mod.

so my most pressing question is:

does your mod make it possible to play with minimum OOS interference? and if not, do u know any which can match the complexity i need?

hello you,

i have been waiting eagerly for civ 5 to come out, and when it came it was all crap and i almost started to be depressed. then, i found rom, and then i found your mod.

i used to play civ 4 with a friend over the internet and we have never used mods before. now we used rom 2.92 and we found that it caused a lot of oos, making us rejoin the game every 5 min and less. it went so far that we have had to look for SettlersEventManager.py and CvEventManager.py but of coruse we didnt understand anything and didnt really want to script too much. in fact, we just want to play a complex civ4 mod.

so my most pressing question is:

does your mod make it possible to play with minimum OOS interference? and if not, do u know any which can match the complexity i need?

AND Should be MP compatible. ;)

so i can start a new game with epic game speed right now and not have to complain in some days that i got OOS en masse. i hope good job. :goodjob:

amazing how quick u wrote me back. im installing this mod of yours right now...silver or cerulean interface...hmmm....:)

Hello Afforess
Can I turn on "Stack Attack" in AND 1.75? I've tried with xml file but it's not work.

I believe RevDCM hid the option. You need to turn debug mode on to use it, since the option is buggy.

Hi,

I have same problem as veatwrold....
(maybe because I am playing that game with him for years :-d)

More about civ5 a post here (with small warning, sorry :) )
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9686401#post9686401

But that ROM and AND is great, or just AND but 1.75. I hope no oos in future.

I can not find here more useful advices about how to make lower rebellion.
And also I am lost in civs, I really dont know what is better, because there is a lot of conditions and adv and disv. Can you give me link to good advices about rebelion and civs ?

(I was looking this forum, I find some topics, but they dont help me too much :-( )

I know.

If you have a question about any section, just ask.

thanks A', as always, your very kind.

you know,
i always feared playing rom, cause i dont like slowness or crashes, but your work, makes me second guess, last i looked at a new dawn was way back, im astounded with all the work youve made.

im thinking of importing stuff to overlord, but i dunno where to begin. i have merged revdcm 2.8 pre3 with advanced diplo, and now i see that i need to use the code you did in a new dawn since you have merged sections of those two.

i dunno whats better - move stuff from you to me or the other way around.

one more thing, have you tested 1.75 in multi player? i mean theres gotta be some options that cause oos, do you know whats the best setting for mp?

ps.s i dont see an explanation for advanced economy - can you give me the high lights?

edit:
wow its too difficult, i think ill try to crop what i can from the sdk and python, ill try to focus on the ruthless ai and diplo stuff,
i would probably have more quotations, so i dont wanna fill them here, you wish ill pm you ?

Hi Afforess,

did you update the revdcm component? Since RoM uses a buggy version for which there already exists a corrected version. Would be cool to have revolutions back

otherwise, good work on 1.74. Now i'm trying out 1.75 :)

hi,

ok afforess, ive successful ported my entire xml work onto a new dawn, evrything seems to work, except python -
something is wrong in the city screen, i cant get an inside city screen, i went throught all the python files - removing traces of rom buildings and stuff, that worked i was able to get rd or any errors i have, so now - all thats left is the city screen gone missing, and a missing great generat bar icon (which i suspect is due to not merged font files - right?).

i hope you can help me, this will allow me to release a new dawn for overlord 2 mod :)

another issue - i noticed in the leaders file, that you didnt add to none of them all the memory stuff you added - like recalled ambassador, backstab and the rest, also, i noticed that a few xml lines that defined the attitude threshold for trading units, embassy, corp trade - are missing from the leaders - compared to the stand alone code you released of advanced diplomacy? is all of this intentionally? or perhaps - its actually a mistake?

hi,

ok afforess, ive successful ported my entire xml work onto a new dawn, evrything seems to work, except python -
something is wrong in the city screen, i cant get an inside city screen, i went throught all the python files - removing traces of rom buildings and stuff, that worked i was able to get rd or any errors i have, so now - all thats left is the city screen gone missing, and a missing great generat bar icon (which i suspect is due to not merged font files - right?).

i hope you can help me, this will allow me to release a new dawn for overlord 2 mod :)

Can you post the PythonErr log contents?
another issue - i noticed in the leaders file, that you didnt add to none of them all the memory stuff you added - like recalled ambassador, backstab and the rest, also, i noticed that a few xml lines that defined the attitude threshold for trading units, embassy, corp trade - are missing from the leaders - compared to the stand alone code you released of advanced diplomacy? is all of this intentionally? or perhaps - its actually a mistake?

No, What I did was use the default values from the SDK. You can still use the XML from Advanced Diplomacy, to set non-default values.

Looks like there are quite a few issues. Can I see your python folder? I'll try to correct them.

Top Bottom