Community Civ V [CCV]

Thomas SG

CCV-designer
--- MADE IN GERMANY ---

Thomas Peltri alias Thomas SG

Community Civ V - CCV
for BTS 3.19

The Goal

This mod is no attempt to bring the features of the official Civ V to Civ IV BTS. For sure not! Quite the contrary!

It's more that what many of us, especially civ veterans like me, expected Civ V to become. CCV tries to improve Civilization 4 like Warlords and BTS did. This mod improves the game in many details but doesn't change the game concept at all. Lots of the new stuff can be run optional. To customize the game press CTRL+ALT+O or simply use one of the new buttons in the upper left corner and go "Optional".

The Mods

The Community Civ V contains numerous of mods that have been written by fantastic modders here in the forum and also by myself. Most of the mods in CCV are modified, improved or updated versions of the original mods to make them work perfect with all the stuff in CCV. So don't be surprised if a well known mod may be a bit different in CCV from what you know. And even don't be surprised if you find mods in CCV that you have never seen in the forum before. Most of the mods I have written myself were never published as standalones. You may just know some of them from earlier versions of CCV.

The Translations

The mod works best on German and English language setting. Other translations are incomplete.

The Future

I myself dislike the official Civ V. So CCV has got a future. I'll stay here for a long time and I can promise you that I still got a lot of ideas and plans for CCV. And if you like the mod and if you got ideas - post them in the forum! Comments are always welcome.

Credit

Thanks to all mod makers and artists here in the forum. You all are doing a fantastic job. Please have a look at the links below and the feature descriptions. Special thanks to my voluntary helpers and the RevDCM team because CCV is build upon it. Great job!

:hatsoff: If you like my works, You can buy me a cup of coffee. :thanx:

:gold: Pay Pal Donations :gold: to Th.Peltri at gmx.de

The Main Features

* 3 bigger map sizes
* 2 slower game speeds
* 50 civ DLL
* Unofficial Patch and Better BTS AI
* AI Auto Play
* Limited Era Progress

* Blue Marbel Terrain
* BUG, BULL and Show Hidden Attitude Mod
* Cultural Citystyles
* Unit Era Art

* 16 new technologies (glass manufacture, fermentation, cure, ship construction, environmentalism, refining, automobiles, turbine, locating technology, hydroponics, astrogation, shielding, bionics, cybernetics, cold fusion, cloning)
* 1 new wonder (CERN)
* 14 new buildings (devotions place, city hall, shipyard, airbase, nuclear silo, arcology, deflector shield, cloning factory, mind control center, electrolysis plant, chemical factory, nuclear processing plant, oil refinery, smelting works)
* 1 new improvement (airbase)
* 2 new projects (mission to mars, environment protection program)
* 1 new corporation (Softfood Inc.)
* 27+ new unit types
* 1 new citizen type (doctor)
* 1 new great person type (great doctor)
* 2 new leaders
* 0 new civic categories
* 31+ new promotions
* 2 new victory types (religious victory, mastery victory)
* 11 new events
* 29 new resources (tea, coffee, tobacco, potatoes, shrimps, bauxite, sulphur, copper wire, steel, gunpowder, explosives, chemicals, electronic parts, oil products, heating oil, fuel, nuclear fuel, riding horses, bronze weapons, iron weapons, crossbows, muskets, rifles, infantry equipment, machine guns, AA weapons, AT weapons, ammunition, pharmaceutical products)

Non optional:

* Red Cross Healthcare
* National Nuclear Weapon Project

* Three Roads
* Axe and Fire
* Forest Protection
* Natural and Artificial Irrigation
* Global Warming Mod
* Examine City at Conquest
* Realistic Diplomacy
* The Great Commandment
* Terraforming
* Advanced Nuke Effect
* Advanced (Missile) Interception - missile part
* Enhanced Culture Conquest
* Force Production Infrastructure
* Migrating People
* Manufactured Bonuses

Optional:

* Dynamic Civ Names
* Dynamic Civ Nation
* Dynamic Civ Leader
* Culturally Linked Starts
* Dynamic Polarcaps
* BarbarianWorld
* BarbarianCiv
* Start as Minor Civ
* Revolutions
* TechDiffusion
* Super Spies
* Influence Driven War
* Revolution Inquisitions
* Assimilation
* Settler Religion
* City Radius by Technology
* Dirty Improvements
* Village Protection
* Feature and Terrain Damage
* Terrain Tactics
* Battle Effects
* Airbomb Missions
* Active Defense
* Firststrike Attack
* Cargo Damage
* Advanced Invisibility
* Advanced (Missile) Interception - aircraft part
* Advanced Cargo
* Jump Jets
* Hybrid Helicopters
* Cold War
* Great Generals From Barbarian Combat
* Motivated Defenders
* Capture Persons
* Next War
* Culture by Trade Routes
* Advanced Support
* Lost Battles
* 2nd UU

Known issues and bug reports

Please visit the German or the English bug thread for information.

The CCV forum

Please visit the CCV forum for more information or discussion.

Downloads of the current and older versions

Current Version: Database

Outdated Versions:

CCV 4.36A at AtomicGamer
CCV 4.36A at RapidShare
CCV 4.36A at MegaUpload

+

new DLL CCV 4.38

ATOMICGAMER: CCV 4.29H: Download
RAPIDSHARE: CCV 4.29H: Download
MEGAUPLOAD: CCV 4.29H: Download

RAPIDSHARE: CCV 4.29G: Download
MEGAUPLOAD: CCV 4.29G: Download

RAPIDSHARE: CCV 4.29D: Download + CCV 4.29 PATCH F: Download
MEGAUPLOAD: CCV 4.29D: Download + CCV 4.29 PATCH F: Download

Installation and start

1. Download the basic mod version

2. Download if available patches to the basic mod version

3. Install the basic mod version on your computer (the installer should attempt to help you out here)

4. Install patches if available for the basic mod version

5. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, Either turn off your UAC or Right-Click on your Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword or the created Community Civ V shortcut, enter the properties menu, and under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run As Administrator".

6a. Launch BTS, load Community Civ V and play!

6b. Use the created Community Civ V shortcut on your desktop and play!

Hey, good to see that you opened a thread in the mods forum! :) I hope this way your mod gets much more attention. CCV is awesome!! :goodjob:

For those who want to update 4.29D to 4.29D+ here is a new DLL.

The DLL solves two display bugs in the civic screen. There is no bonus for auto upgrade improvements like tree nursery. And a unnecessary NEWLINE is removed. Furthermore the new DLL solves a bug in the research cost calculation that came with the tech diffusion mod.

Attachments

• CCV_4.29D+_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
Thanks for the DLL! That answered my question from the General Discussion thread (which I have deleted now ;) ).

4.29D is very buggy. And so I've created a patch as fast as I could. So you will find a patch 4.29E in the download section for the current version 4.29D!

The patch includes:

*solution for different research times if :science: cost and prerequested techs are the same
*solution for uncritical bug from UNIT_MIGRANT having no DefaultUnitAI
*solution for eBuild-CTD-bug (if the normal DLL will not solve it there is a rescue DLL in the construction folder that will do!)
*activated mod Lost Battles is now shown
*interface messages show now the right influence change (from IDW mod) if a unit has deserted or a new unit could be created from the conquered weapon of the defeated unit
*python errors from Enhanced Culture Conquest Mod have been solved; ECC revealed some outdated Vanilla/Warlords code in BUG and introduced also (the same) outdated code. Written new code to make it work with BTS and CCV. All bugs should be solved now.
*Events with images with pictures from BAT 3.01
*Great Library set to 1 scientist and 1 doctor
*solved display bugs in the civics screen
- unneccessary newline
- wrong information about tree nursery and terraform improvements
- solved problem of overlapping text

After the release of patch E there has been a new release of RevDCM on SVN. As it solves the AI bombard bug I think it's necessary to update CCV once again.

So I've created a patch F for 4.29D. Patch F includes patch E. You can install it over patch E if you have already installed it.

Patch 4.29F includes:

*patch 4.29E
*RevDCM update to 2.8/587 with
-fix for AI bombard city defense bug
-last build of BBAI 1.02a
-new BUG and BULL stuff
*wrong art path of Cyborg fixed
*fixed text bugs
*new updated map PerfectWorld2f
*the dirty eBuild bug fix is now included in the standard and debug dll (CTD still appears without it)
*solved CTD from the satellite network
*tried to solve visibility problems caused by satellites

This project looks great but i think u should add more unique units art like Varietas Delectat. Or can you please point me to some tutorial where i can learn to do it myself for personal use? :blush:

This project looks great but i think u should add more unique units art like Varietas Delectat. Or can you please point me to some tutorial where i can learn to do it myself for personal use? :blush:

I will add more custom art as soon as possible. But it makes no sense to do so before I could finish all 2nd UUs.

A fantastic initiative. It has it flaws (for me at least, as reported :lol:) at the moment but every CivIV-player who reject the reworked concept in the praised sequel should try this mod out and support it IMO. :)

I will add more custom art as soon as possible. But it makes no sense to do so before I could finish all 2nd UUs.
I`ll be patient :) this mod is worth it :) You declared war to Civ5 and we are on your side ;)

I'm ok with ignoring the lack of Art for now, as the gameplay kinda makes up for it. :)

Great work Thomas SG! :)

Thank you. And here is the first aid pack for the lack of arts. CCV 4.29G comes with a complete set of 2nd UUs, new terrain, bonus and water art as well as the new CCV design.

The unit art will be improved with the next update.

So, here is a change log:

4.29G (not savegame compatible with earlier versions)

- repaired all damaged animations
- 2nd UU for all civs
- Advanced Flight requires now rocketry
- tactical ballistic missile has got now much higher requirements: robotics, laser, superconductors (and industrial park with "Require Infrastructure")
- new techs: fermentation and glass manufacture (needed :science: has been taken from monarchy and machinery)
- restructured tech tree!!!
- palace now available with glass manufacture and 5 cities
- impressive buildings like ApoPalace, cathedrals, Sistine Chapel, Versaille,... require now engineering (requires glass manufacture)
- winery requires now fermentation (bonus from glass manufacture)
- many bonuses require now early techs to be revealed
- satellite network has now a description; creates some free spy satellites and reveals the map for the player every turn (doesn't show units)
- decreased the see invisible chances of spy satellites (Advanced Invisibility System)
- if team player with satellite network dies another player of the team will now get the control over the satellites
- solved bug that didn't replace dangerous fission plants with save fusion plants after the discovery of fusion
- solved bug that didn't replace arcology shielding with deflector shielding
- unused combat bonuses of the trebuchet have been removed
- unowned airbases can now be used
- airbases can now be build outside borders
- can perform paradrops from airbases
- modified unit upgrade AI to work better with the XP autoupgrade
- solved problem from Advanced Invisibility System with satellites (removed dirty and not working bugfix from 4.29F)
- rewritten Advanced Invisibility System to be much faster (even when using CCV with standard system) and working right in all cases (solved bug caused by changing "see class" in :doTurn)
- can switch now in a running game without any problems between Advanced Invisibility System and standard system
- correcture of some text bugs
- +1 move point for naval units from circumnavigated globe now only counts until the discovery of railroad
- ironclad has now 5 moves like the steamer (both are as fast as earlier types can be with circumnavigated globe bonus)
- new terrain, water and bonus arts
- new CCV design

This looks interesting, Thomas. Do you recommend any preferred settings or map to take advantage of this mod?

Also, I find that with the bigger concept mods, I generally run into MAF errors around mid-game - even playing standard settings. Is this to be expected with this mod too?

by the way, thanks for providing a RS download option

This looks interesting, Thomas. Do you recommend any preferred settings or map to take advantage of this mod?

Thank you.

In the game options I suggest Start as Minor Civs, Culturally Linked Starts, 2nd UU, Assimilation, Limited Religions and Dynamic Civ Names. I myslef also enable Dynamic Civ Leader but that can confuse the AI a bit. And I most of the time enable No Revolutions.

The "in game options" know a default setting. That's what I suggest there.

As a map size I suggest XS to M for a standard game. L for a long and complex game. Everything bigger than L may kill your machine. :lol: The game turns will be endless on the most machines even with Advanced Support and the new speed improvements.

Also, I find that with the bigger concept mods, I generally run into MAF errors around mid-game - even playing standard settings. Is this to be expected with this mod too?

It's not so bad with CCV. Most of the MAFs are caused by new highpoly leaders and unit art. But at the moment CCV includes (nearly) no new leaders and there are also well choosen new unit arts. And just a few of them. At the moment!

What else can I tell you. I'm running CCV on a dual core laptop and nver had a MAF.

by the way, thanks for providing a RS download option

:lol: Most of the other guys say damn RS and thanks for the other option.

Top Bottom