Botwawki 2.6

Edit: Done :)

The Universal Reclamation Project
Shorthand Faction Name: Universe City (Universal Refuge)
Faction Ideology: Friendly
Leader: Master of Ceremonies Jack Harrow (Enigmatic)

For as long as it has existed. Universal Refuge has been an isolated town for the most part. It was a town of the outcasts and the refugees that had fled to Central Florida. Some had heard broadcasts, telling of great lives in the new fortified compounds, only to be rejected when they did not have "special skills" or equipment to bring in. Some fled communities that had been conquered or fought over in the Wars across the Sunshine. Wherever they were from though, the Universal Refuge became a melting pot of a sort. A poor and rather miserable one sure, but relatively safe, mostly trying to stay out of the way of the clashing powers, hoping that most would forget that they existed so they could lead a peaceful life. However the conquests of Vault 37 changed the Refuge. The community banded together, and produced an ultimate deterrent, and Vault 37 did not press further into Orlando. Breathing with a sigh of relief at the safety, the Refuge decided at this point to completely close off their camp to the outside, determined to ensure that war and the outside world would not come to them.

For the past several years now, Universal Refuge had not taken any refugees, and with a saddened heart turned away the few that tried. However, most refugees were eager to flee to the East of the Sunshine Kingdom, and Universal Refuge became a pocket of quiet. But one day, two teenagers, a boy and a girl, were collapsed near their fortifications. Many remembered times when they too had been desperate, and considering they were simply children, a debate raged until a doctor simply brought them into the camp. No further debate was had, and when the two recovered, the townsfolk seemed willing to let the two be.

The boy, 16, named Jack Harrow, alternating between dour and silent, or happy and cheery, and the pink haired girl, 14, Mika, always overly cheerful. Aside from the clothes on their back, the only thing they had was a Blue Gameboy system, and a tiny handheld statue of a woman that fit into the palm of Harrow's hand. They would roam like ghosts, seemingly everywhere. One day, a man remarked he needed a certain part for the water pump that the Refuge didn't have. It seemed a makeshift solution would have to be made, but then an hour later, Harrow and Mika cheerfully produced for him the exact part he needed. Overtime, people who needed something would be visited by Harrow, always with exactly what they needed.

At nights, when the people would play cards or drink, Harrow would sometimes talk or tell stories. When he first came, he was ignored. But then, people started listening to him more and more, hearing his thoughts, ideas, theories, and stories. Stories of happiness and wealth. For what was a life worth living? Was it worth it simply etch out a simple existence? Harrow gave the people hope. He gave them dreams for the future. They too began thinking of something more than salvaging scrap. They wanted more.

One day, a group of citizens approached Harrow. They wanted to know how his dreams could be accomplished, if the Refuge could one day become like he talked about. Harrow shook his head. The Refuge was too divided. Every idea, debated and debated, and if not everyone agreed, nothing got done. That was life in the Universal Refuge. If that was freedom, it was only the freedom to die in squalor. Their democracy was a sham. The citizens nodded. If they had a leader though. Then could it change. Harrow pondered. Yes. It could change he said. But only with the right Leader. A leader that could count on the people's support no matter what. Even if policies were unpopular, the people would need to accept that it was being done for their benefit. A long term view. The leader needed to be able to do anything and everything that he needed to do. If the leader could do this, then the Refuge could rise. Give people meaning in their lives, more than just food and a family. Hopes, dreams, hobbies. Entertainment, actualization. Something no one had had in a long time: fun.

The citizens left, and debated for some time. It was one of the fiercest debates they had ever had. Who were these two kids? Could that boy really be serious? They both seemed...off. Incredibly strange really. But for the first time, a consensus was reached. With their secret weapon, it wasn't as if Vault 37 was about to attack, so no need to worry about them taking advantage of him. They weren't going to starve, and they had enough water to drink. And if things didn't work out, then what did they really lose? But if he was successful, and he so often was, then life could get so much better than it had ever before.

The next morning, Harrow was named Director of The Universal Reclamation Project, his title for this grand new ambition. He also added the title "Master of Ceremonies", which he also gave to Mika as well. For the first time in a long time, the Refuge celebrated, renaming their trash heap into a city. A better mindset, Harrow said. After all, if they really wanted better lives in a better world, it had to start with them.

"To a Universe without fear of hunger, of thirst, or safety. To a Universe with a meaning beyond when your next meal will be. To a Universe, where we can move forward once more. To a Universe with hopes and dreams, and most of all, to a Universe with fun" said John Harrow, Director of Universe City and Master of Ceremonies, as he toyed with his statue.

And then to the statue he whispered "I will find you.... One day...."

Soooo, are we dealing with the Legion and the Enclave now? If so, dis gonna be good.

Workers' Republic of the Reclamation
Spoiler :

Leader: Chairman Norman de Paur (Enigmatic)
Faction Trait: Expansionist
Capital: Viracocha (Hardeeville, SC; Pre-war Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (2), Water Pump/Purifier (1), Jail, Ammunition Convertor, Fortifications (3), Institute, Radio Tower
Population: 660
Total Population: 1,260
Slaves: 0
Total Slaves: 0
Education: Theoretical Science
Food: 6,480 (+1,700)
Water: 3,280 (+1,400)
Energy: 0 (+0)
Tech Parts: 96
Scrap Parts: 1,400
Ammunition: 685
Military Equipment: 290 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 200 1-H Guns, 30 2-H Guns, 205 Laser Weapons, 5 Heavy Weapons, 115 Power Armor Suits
Robots: None
Military Skill: 5
Outposts:
Spoiler:

Nanabozho (Rincon, GA; Settlement): +500 Food, +500 Water
-Population: 600
-Structures: Fortifications (3)
-Arsenal: 290 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee weapons, 175 1-H Guns, 30 2-H Guns, 200 Laser Weapons, 5 Heavy Weapons, 115 Power Armor Suits

Deactivated Reactor: 0/1 Energy to reactivate

Spoiler Chairman's Challenge :

A massive cache of Nuka-Cola was found by our recent incursion into Savannah, and a debate has emerged over its fate. Some have tasted it and found it delicious, but others argue because it provides no nutritional value and even dehydrates people, that it should be simply dumped and the glass bottles used for more productive purposes. How do we respond to this dispute?

Spoiler Chairman’s Solution :

A quarter of the Nuka-Cola will sent to the institute to see if researches can find a way to reproduce the drink, using scrap if necessary. The rest will be sold at the newly built market for 10 caps each. A series of advertisements is launched on Reclamation Radio for the beverage.

Spoiler Orders :

- convert 500 scrap to ammunition.
- use 500 scrap to construct a market in Nanabozho.

- An expedition of 100 (25 laser, 25 1-H, 50 Low Tech Melee, 15 Power Armour Suits) are to scavenge the previously explored areas of Savannah, retreating if they encounter any heavy resistance.
- An expedition of 100 (25 laser, 25 1-H, 50 Low Tech Melee, 15 Power Armour Suits) are to scavenge the previously explored areas North West of Nanabozho, retreating if they meet heavy resistance.
- An expedition of 100 (25 laser, 25 1-H, 50 Low Tech Melee, 15 Power Armour Suits) are to scavenge the previously explored areas east of Viracocha as far Port Royal, retreating if they encounter any heavy resistance.
- An expedition of 100 (25 laser, 25 1-H, 50 Low Tech Melee, 15 Power Armour Suits) are to explore and scavenge the communities west of Nanabozho, namely Bloomingdale, Ellabell, and Pembroke, retreating if they encounter any heavy resistance. If they have time/haven't been eaten by a demon, they are to attempt to get eyes on Fort Stewart to the Sputh, avoiding all direct contact if possible.

To the Glorious Sunshine Kingdom

This already sounds stupid and you're trivializing it

Well it's not my fault they picked a stupid name. Who would name your Kingdom after the sun unless you had some sort of God complex.

Maybe they do? I mean who are we to judge?

And why did they name themselves "Bede" that's a TERRIBLE last name.

You're missing the point, just write this forsaken letter

It's not just terrible, it's STUPID.

Well don't put that in the letter

Well obviously not. ...wellllllll

NO! NOW WRITE THE LETTER

FINE! JEEZ!

AHEM, To Her Royal Majesty the Queen Stephanie BEDE, we have noted the great strength of your warriors. We would like to request training advisers for our security forces so that they can SECURE our beloved....city?

This sounds stupid.

It LOOKS stupid. YOU are stupid.

YOU are hurtful. Why do I not have a title like that? I could call myself GRAND KING?

Well I think she actually rules a city that's not a terrible place. Actually I think she rules multiple cities, each a special brand of not terrible. I guess you could be a Grand Duke? If you made this place, well....Grand.

What kind of title is Master of Ceremonies anyhow?

Well I like it.

I like it too.

Don't give into peer pressure. They have their feudal fantasies. But you are the Master of CEREMONIES!

Indeed. And the Ceremonies....

Will soon begin....

We hope that our relationship will be long and fruitful!

Sincerely,

Jack Harrow
Master of Ceremonies and Director of The Universal Reclamation Project

Stats in the beginning of the turn
Spoiler :
Running With Wolves: Ahigin
Leader:pack Leader Spartacus (Charismatic)
Faction Trait: Barbaric
Capital: Nomadic (Currently Located: Jackson, MS)
Structures: None
Population: 770
Education: Oral
Food: 3,060 (+250)
Water: 3,620 (+0)
Tech Parts: 43
Scrap Parts: 4,400
Ammunition: 395
Military Equipment: 1,010 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 105 1-H Guns
Military Skill: 5

Migration orders (mid-late summer):
Spoiler :
The amount of scrap assets gathered by the tribe is starting to slow it down in its migration. Now it’s time to find a land to settle. After heated debates with the tribal council at a great gathering, Pack Leader Spartacus has decided that ruins of Flora, MS, should become a new homeland for Running with Wolves. That land was noted for its fertility the last time the tribe passed through it along its way south, and it’s also located in close vicinity of urban ruins of Jackson, rich with scrap and technological marvels of the pre-War age.

In July the tribe will head north-west through the outskirts of Jackson, gathering some scrap along its way and using standard marching/scrapping order established earlier. However, speed of migration will be prioritized, with the goal of reaching the farmlands of Flora by early August in order to finish constructions and try to gather some harvest before winter months.

Expected route <clickable link>

Important stops along the way in the order of visiting:

Ross R Barnett Reservoir &#8211; water supply will be replenished quickly, using standard bucket efforts and purification techniques. While the most of the tribe is doing so, the Wolf&#8217;s Head will provide reconnaissance with a goal of finding safe ways to cross the Pearl River. If some bridges are intact and are safe to cross, they will be used. If not, the tribe will build rafts using wood from Pelahatchie Shore Park and the area that surrounds it. If the opposite shore is held by an enemy force, a night crossing and surprise attack will be used (false retreat, double-crossing, and weather effects (such as fog) may also be used to maximize the advantage). After the river is crossed, the rafts will be scrapped again for raw material.

Ridgeland, MS &#8211; standard scrapping procedures under protection of armed units will be performed in the town very quickly.

Madison, MS &#8211; same as above.

Flora, MS &#8211; final destination of our journey. A new settlement will be build either in the ruins of the town or in the Mississippi Petrified Forest location south-west from it. The settlement will be called the Wolf&#8217;s Lair, and, once settled, the tribe will rename itself to be known as Wasteland Wolves.

Building orders:
Spoiler :
Assets Scrap Tech parts Notes
Total (beginning of turn) 4400 43
Total (end of turn) 0 31

Spendings Scrap Tech parts
Build settlement 3000
Water Pumping Station 300 3 There's plenty of small lakes and ponds around the location; one of them should work as a water source
Farming Equipment 50 2
Farming Equipment 50 2
Forge 500
Ammunition Converter 500 5

Other orders after settling down:
Spoiler :
- start water and food production as early as possible in order to gather harvest before late fall.

- 300 people with low-tech weapons will spend the rest of the year gathering maximum scrap from Flora (I assume no expedition is required). Armed forces of the tribe (i.e. the Head, the Paws, and the Tail) will be ready to respond to any danger if the scrappers are attacked.

- 5 reconnaissance parties of 20 stealthiest warriors each with 20 low-tech melee weapons and 1-H guns are going to be constantly patrolling area surrounding the Wolf&#8217;s Lair in order to detect an enemy force if it approaches the newly founded settlement (we don&#8217;t have walls yet, so our tribesmen will have to be our walls). If an enemy is detected, the whole tribe will proactively attack them using previously established tactics, while 200 people with low-tech weapons will stay in the settlement to provide protection for the tribal property.

- embassies of 5 persons each will be sent to all recently discovered settled communities with a goal to let them know that Wasteland Wolves are no longer nomads and their lands lie in the fields of Flora. Our ambassadors will let our neighbors know that we&#8217;re open for trading offers and are willing to join efforts in mutual protection against the threats of the Wasteland.

Challenge and solution:
Spoiler :
Pack Leader&#8217;s Challenge: A couple of our new tribe members claim that one of our most fiercest fighters is in fact an agent of the tyrant known as Caesar from the west. They claim that he helped butcher their tribal village and enslave their friends and family. Unfortunately they have no evidence of this and he is one of our most powerful and well-armed fighters so trial by combat simply won&#8217;t work for these new people. Should we take action in this situation before it possibly results in violence or mob action?

Pack Leader&#8217;s Solution: If at least five people that don&#8217;t belong to the same family identify the warrior as a raider and enslaver, he will be punished by death for his crimes against freedom (intentional false testimony is punished the same way in order to prevent abusing this system; oaths will be taken before testifying in people&#8217;s court). If we don&#8217;t have enough witnesses, the trial by combat is the only option to resolve the case without either side dropping the claims (everyone will be reminded, that anyone can volunteer to be a champion of either side, so claimants don&#8217;t have to fight themselves). If nobody is willing to risk their life, the claim has to be dropped according to the law of the tribe. We won&#8217;t be tweaking the customs of our ancestors just because of one confusing case.

However, the threat of having an agent of slavers in our pack cannot be left unaddressed. Pack Leader Spartacus will secretly choose two dozens of wisest and most trustworthy members of the tribe to become the Watchful Ones. Their goal will be secretly investigating anyone who is suspected of being affiliated with raiders, slavers, and tyrants of the Wastes. While doing so, they will not break the laws of our people: they won&#8217;t steal, torture, or kill, unless they have a certain proof of their suspect&#8217;s guilt. It may be not the most effective way of dealing with enemies&#8217; agents, but it will prevent us from turning into the very type of people we so rightfully hate.

The first task for the Watchful Ones will be to secretly investigate the indicted warrior&#8217;s past and present affiliations. At the same time, the people who claim him to be a raider will be also secretly screened to find out if they were misleading people&#8217;s justice.

Fixed up my background a good bit, added what we were doing beforehand and how we fit into the new scheme of things. I'm sorry if I didn't see it, but when are orders due?

EQ usually accepts orders until his update is done. Which is sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday of every week.

Oh ok cool! :) I just read most of the updates (including the ones I had read before) and I'm really excited to be a part of this!

@EQ, am I allowed to send orders this turn since I'm a preexisting faction or no? Also how many actions can I realistically take in a turn?

@nuke,

Basically you can take as many actions as a faction could conceivably do in a 6 month period with the manpower and resources you have at that time. So you could do a ton of little things (I'm kinda against tons of small expeditions, since there is greater illusion of safety in numbers), or a few big actions (e.g. One or two large expeditions and a concentrated scavenging mission).

@EQ

At this time, EQ, I'd like to petition an extension of the deadline for orders submission to sometime after Friday. As my first semester of medical school draws to close (and finals start), I will be unable to submit orders.

@EQ

I would also like an an extension of the deadline for orders (since all my courses professors thought it would be fun to make all my exams essay :mad: )

Actually, the orders won't be really due this time until Christmas Eve. My week is looking to be hectic and busy as all get out, so I'll probably do like I did on Thanksgiving and give a nice holiday update.

Thanks EQ. It's much appreciated.

First Census of the Subjects of the Overseer

Enclosed to your overseership is the Census Bureau's report on the subjects of Vault 37. Given the limitations of our administration, only preliminary investigations could be had about the origins of the Empire's constituents, however the results nonetheless confirm your own expectations about the relative size of various member-settlements under your protection.

Figure 1.

As you can see from the above bar graph, Fort Freedom is easily the most populous settlement in the Empire, and in the wasteland.

Figure 2.

Almost half of the entire population of the Empire resides in the Fruitlands (Fort Peace and Fort Freedom) - combined with Vault 37, the absolute majority of people reside in the most well-controlled parts of the Empire. The dependencies and tributaries individually make up for very small portions of the imperial constituency, though collectively still make up 40% of the total population.

In other known but nonetheless confirmed news, the overwhelming majority (90%+) of all subjects of the overseer are immigrants who have joined our faction within the past 10 years.

Link to video.

It was the music again. The music that always filled his trances. His eyes closed, he felt the rocking of the boat ever so slightly. Soothing, with the slight breeze carrying the melody through the air. He almost didn't want to open his eyes. Sometimes it was scary. Even if the music was there, the images would haunt him for days. But if he didn't open his eyes, he'd never wake up... Besides, this one? This one didn't seem so bad.

And it wasn't. It took him a second to adjust his eyes as the sun shone brightly in the sky. Rubbing his eyes, he looked to his right and saw the trees, happy and smiling, dancing on the riverbank. He looked up again, this time at the woman whose lap he lay in. A face that looked as if it were made of porcelain, golden curls resting softly against her cheeks. She twirled his hair in his fingers, and smiled with her full red lips. He smiled sheepishly and murmured "Lady Luck"

She chuckled "Hello Harrow. It seems you've been quite busy lately. Leading a city, congratulations. I always knew you were a smart boy" She shifted her position in the boat. There was no need to row, as the river smoothly carried the boat, in an almost hypnotic movement, as he lay against her chest.

He murmured "The people there are so scared. They're so sad. But I'm scared too." He was sinking into the warmth, dissolving into the body. The woman smiled though "I know sweetling. I know. But I'm proud of you. You've come so far. And don't worry, I'll always be there for you."

He shook his head "I came to the Sunshine, but it's not much better than it was back there. What am I gonna do for these people? There are other towns too. Stronger ones. Can't they teach your new world?"

She shook her head, and softly hugged him "Harrow sweetling, these towns are doing well. But their era is at an end. A great storm is coming, and then the world will change again. It won't be about who can make the most food or bring the most guns to a fight. That's not what will make the new world. It's about those who can offer something more than just life. These towns created a life again, but for a world so full of life, it might as well be dead. But you can change that Harrow. I know you can."

Harrow noticed himself sinking, and shifted, looking back into the sun. A faint silhouette was ethed onto it. The sweet voice filled his ears "There is a leader here. The Sun Queen. A great warrior, but a even greater visionary. Tell her. Tell her your dreams. She will share them, and help work to make those dreams a reality. She has a good heart; trust her, and she will pull your people from the debris."

And then he sank, falling into the sky. The trees laughed and waved, and then started falling too. As his heart began to race, as his eyes began to open, he heard one last word "Find the Sun Queen, Harrow...Find her, and you will find me....."

And then this time, he woke up for real.

So, here's the challenge for ya'll. In lieu of an update this week, I'm hoping you lot will fill the time with stories/maps about your capital cities. Describe them to us, or draw a map of it. Keep in mind what sort of settlement it is, and Google is your friend for an actual physical map of the area. Give it a shot!

OOC: This has been rolling around my hard drive since update 23 or so. Thought I'd might as well just spit it out now. Better late than never?

WRR – COMMITTEE REPORT
INTERVIEW MINUTES, ‘FERALS’, VOL.1
PREVIOUSLY TITLED HARDY RECLAMATION COMMITTEE REPORT, ‘FERALS’, VOL.1
2251, MARCH – HANDLER: HARRISON MRAZ – F12

...​

MR. MRAZ IS TOLD TO SPEAK FREELY, AND TO START FROM HIS FIRST INVOLVEMENT WITH THE FERALS.

‘Ferals. Right. That’s what everyone called them back then. Most of us have moved on from that, you know. They have names now, or you could just call them the children.’

THE INTERVIEWER APOLOGISES, URGES MR. MRAZ TO START FROM THE BEGINNING.

‘Okay, okay. The first time I personally saw the kids was last July. I was part of the team that went into the cave, you know? We had heard the reports, even seen some of the bodies. Gruesome stuff, could’ve sworn it had been from wild animals. There were a lot of folk who wanted to just go in guns blazing, get rid of the threat, plain and simple. I have to admit, after seeing one of the travellers, an old lady, just completely gutted, well, I wasn’t overly in the mood to welcome the little devils into Hardytown. I could understand the arguments, I had kids too, you know? What if my girls thought it was okay to play with one of them? But the Doctor wasn’t having any of it. I personally doubt it had anything to do with what was ‘right’ or ‘moral’ or whatever. She’s one of the coldest b-… er… ladies I’ve ever seen. I’m allowed to say that?’

MR. MRAZ IS TOLD TO CONTINUE.

‘Right. Anyways, I think she mainly spared the kids to highlight her new immigration policy. Hardytown was pretty quiet when Marshall was in charge, but since this whole ‘reclamation’ thing started with Verner, new people have been trickling in way more than before. These kids were a sign that, heck, Hardytown is open to everyone, and it can make anyone civilized, even half-animal wastelanders! I’m still not sure I’m totally on board with that, or if it’s even working, but whatever her motivations, I’m glad she didn’t make me shoot those kids.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS MR. MRAZ TO DETAIL THE EXTRACTION.

‘We went in during the day, as most of the poor buggers we found had been killed overnight. There were nearly fifty of us barricading the cave. It was pretty goofy, fifty adults with rifles and pistols surrounding ten kids with a couple knives between them. The cave wasn’t very big, so ‘only’ two dozen of us went in. I was one of the lucky ones to be in the front. I remember Catherine being in the front with me at the time. She’s a big lady, built like an ox. Got a real big heart too, she seemed just as likely to hug the first kid she saw then to point a gun at it. But when we were in that dark, wet tunnel, and the first punch of putrid, rotting flesh hit us? The poor girl, I swear the guys at the barricade could hear her teeth clatter. Or maybe that was my teeth.’

MR. MRAZ LAUGHS. THE INTERVIEWER DOES NOT. MR. MRAZ CONTINUES.

‘We had a half dozen torches, real rare things, the town only had maybe two dozen in total, counting the ones that needed new bulbs. Thank God mine didn’t break when I dropped it. The first time one of the kids’ heads popped up from behind a rock, I nearly soiled myself. It was one of the girls – Rita, I think - her tangled hair was covering her face, and boy was her skin pale. All the kids were like that, at first. Their skin was clammy, and their veins were popped right out. Completely naked, too. We kept pushing them back, until we had all ten of them up against the back wall, hands covering their faces trying to block out the torch light. It was pitiful, these skinny, naked little things whimpering with a bunch of guns pointed at them. We got out most of them pretty easily, but I have to say, not all of us were gentle. I was, of course! No way, after seeing them like that, I never thought about using my rifle. I couldn’t help but think of my girls as I led one of the boys out into the sunlight, so I did my best to be gentle. I even gave him a cloth to cover his eyes, being unused to the sun and all. Dave though, little guy with big shoulders, you know him? Anyways, one of the older kids tried to take a bite out of Dave, so he roughed up the kid pretty good on the way out.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS IF THIS WAS THE CHILD CURRENTLY BEING HELD.

‘No no, that wasn’t him. The kid Dave scuffed up is Michael, and he’s doing fine, one of the better kids, actually.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS FOR BOTH OF THE CHILDREN’S IDENTIFICATION CODES.

‘Oh, Jesus, man. No one uses those, how are you expecting them to feel normal if we don’t use their names?’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS WHAT THE CHILDREN CALL EACH OTHER.

‘That’s… different. Listen, when the kids were first brought back to town, no one knew what to do with them. They didn’t even speak English. The Doctor first had the bright idea of putting them into random families’ homes. That didn’t go well. They couldn’t stand not being together. They would just blow up at the drop of a pin. Remember the cat? We really should have known what was going to happen after that cat. The families had no idea how to handle them, they had no way of communicating with them. Complete disaster. So, we just moved all of them into a group house. That’s when we started having round the clock teaching, just a couple live-in adults that would try to constantly teach simple English. I wasn’t one of the live-ins, but Catherine was, and she’s told me a good bit about it. Yes, she was the one that assigned them the ‘codes’, but it was entirely at the behest of Verner. For whatever reason, the kids just referred to one another by random numbers, so those are what the codes are based off of. Catherine didn’t like it, thought the kids needed ‘proper’ names to adapt to civilisation, so she gave them names. A damn shame. Sarah? Mike? Bell? Out of infinite choices she chose the most boring names possible. But I can see her point, the kids needed a foundation to build on, and a simple name was the most obvious way to give them that.’

THE INTERVIEWER INQUIRES AGAIN REGARDING HOW THE CHILDREN ADDRESS EACH OTHER.

‘Alright, alright. Amongst themselves, outside of a learning environment, they still tend to use their ‘feral’, names. But with other folk, they use their real names, and even amongst themselves they are using the normal names more and more. It’s a good thing, I think.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS FOR MR. MRAZ’S OPINION OF THE HANDLER SYSTEM.

‘You really like those titles, don’t you? Again, no one says ‘handler’ anymore. That stopped pretty quickly. They’re kids, not dogs. We call ourselves different things, but I just go with guardian. It makes sense. We look out for them and teach them as best we can, so I’d say we’re about as close to a parent as they can get.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS IF F12 EXPRESSES THE SAME OPINION.

‘I told you not to use the codes! His name is Adam. He hasn’t directly told me so, but I feel that there’s a connection. He even plays with my daughters, and they feel pretty comfortable with him now.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS IF MR. MRAZ WOULD HAVE BEEN COMFORTABLE ALLOWING F29 TO PLAY WITH HIS CHILDREN BEFORE THE DETENTION.

MR. MRAZ GLARES AT THE INTERVIEWER.

‘What kind of question is that? If you’re trying to get me to doubt the kids because of my own circumstances, then that’s not going to happen. F29 was obviously a psychopath, that should have been clear during his initial home-stay, and Dave should have noticed too. The rest of us guardians saw that F29 was not adapting to society, but Dave was too stubborn to say anything. That got himself and a lot of people, good people, killed. And who knows how much psychological progress the kids have lost since all this started. They had barely learned their own names before people started accusing them of murder! The only good thing to come out of this, and I mean the only thing, was the guardian program.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS IF THE HANDLER PROGRAM WOULD HAVE AVERTED THE F29 INCIDENT.

‘Yeah, I think so. If the kids had been under constant supervision by a single person from the start, I think F29 would have been revealed much sooner, maybe even before the first killing.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS HOW F29 SHOULD BE DEALT WITH.

‘… well, I don’t think he can be fixed. F29 is stuck in the wastelands, and we’re trying to undo the wasteland.’

THE INTERVIEWER ASKS WHY MR. MRAZ HAS NOT REFERRED TO F29 AS ERIC.

MR. MRAZ EXCUSES HIMSELF FROM THE INTERVIEW.

Just reminding everyone that the update will be Christmas Eve in just two days. I'm missing a good chunk of orders, so get them in!

New Gulf Commonwealth: Quisani
Leader: Governor Milton James Ryan (Enigmatic)
Faction Trait: Industrious
Capital: Vault 77 (Outside of Lisbon, FL; Vault)
Structures: Fortifications, Forge, Ammo Convertor, School, Radio Tower, Water Pump/Purifier (2), Farming Equipment
Population: 650
Total Population: 3,640
Education: General
Caps: 29k
Food: 4,990 (+3,050)
Water: 8,660 (+3,000)
Tech Parts: 32
Scrap Parts: 2,150
Ammunition: 2,605
Military Equipment: 176 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 30 1-H Guns, 520 2-H Guns, 5 Plasma Weapons, 1 Raft, 5 Canoes
Robots: 10 Mr. Handys
Military Skill: 7
Outposts:
Spoiler:

Bushnell (Bushnell, FL; Settlement): +1,100 Food, +200 Water
-Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Water Pump/Purifier, Fortifications (2)
-Population: 470
-Arsenal: 200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 60 1-H Guns, 30 2-H Guns, 30 Laser Weapons, 46 Mr. Gutsys
Fort Apopka (Apopka, FL; Urban Ruin)
-Structures: Fortifications (2), Market, Radio Tower
-Population: 710
-Arsenal: 100 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 120 1-H Guns, 125 2-H Guns, 100 Laser Weapons, 4 Power Armor Suits, 1 Howitzer
Leesburg (Leesburg, FL; Settlement): +300 Food, +300 Water
-Structures: Water Purifier, Fortifications (4), Farming Equipment, Jail, Market
-Population: 660
-Arsenal: 244 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 95 1-H Guns,20 2-H Guns, 40 Laser Weapons, 2 Power Armor Suits
Ocoee (Ocoee, FL; Settlement): +200 Food, +300 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (3), Water Pump/Purifier, Farming Equipment
-Population: 470
-Arsenal: 100 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 100 1-H Guns, 30 Laser Weapons, 2 Power Armor Suits
Umatilla (Umatilla, FL; Settlement): +370 Food, +400 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (3), Farming Equipment (3), Water Pump/Purifier
-Population: 610
-Arsenal: 100 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 150 1-H Guns, 2 Power Armor Suits

Governor's Challenge:

Spoiler :
The common wealth aren't as technologically advanced as some nations are, but we are by no means incapable of appreciating their advancements. In fact, we're so appreciative, that we might have the ability demonstrate the advances with an annual basis. Now this fair could bring together a variety of peoples together, not just those eggheads most inclined to gawk over the newest sprocket design. We could show movies, hold raffles, provide the infrastructure for entertainment that the people of the Commonwealth and beyond are so inclined to desire as the immediate needs of security are available.

Orders:

Spoiler :

We need to build an area that will serve as annual fairgrounds, as well as some lodgings, and a movie theatre

(300 Scrap. a hotel is like a jail, but nicer, right?)
(700 Scrap for fairgrounds.)
(500 scrap for a movie theater)

Sell space in the nicer parts of the fair to recoup some of the costs.

During the time of fair (about a week, give or take a few days), the Commonwealth will have a focus on defense and attending to the security needs of the fair. Can't have thieves and can let murder or invasion occur. That'd ruin a person's day. Note: While it would be tempting to show off our Mr. Gutsy's, that could turn into a disaster. Perhaps one deactivated one may be displayed

Afterwards, continue with the large, armed 500 man scavenging parties in NGC and Communal Orlando.

Send a 200 man (100 1-h, 100 2-h) to explore the southwest of the NGC. That's currently the only available area for expansion.

transfer a farming equipment from Ocoee to Bushnell. Gotta focus on where the food grows.

I thought we were on hold until after X-mas; sorry.

Survivalist Union:
Spoiler :
Leader:Headman Elizabeth Bacall (Scavenger)
Faction Trait: Defensive
Capital: Liberty City (Indian Rivers Estates, Port St. Lucie, FL; Pre-War Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Jail, Market, Radio Tower, Fortifications (2)
Population: 1,040
Total Population: 2,130
Education: General
Caps: 7k
Food: 2,740 (+1,660)
Water: 3,550 (+1,650)
Tech Parts: 35
Scrap Parts: 1,000
Ammunition: 2,570
Military Equipment: 110 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 55 1-H Guns, 45 2-H Guns, 15 Laser Weapons, 1 Heavy Weapon, 1 Power Armor Suit
Military Skill: 6
Outposts:
Spoiler:

New Casablana (I-95 Florida Exit 96; Urban Ruin)
-Population: 150
-Structures: None
-Arsenal: 10 1-H Guns, 20 2-H Guns, 1 Heavy Weapon
Refuge (Johnathan Dickinson State Park, FL; Settlement): +550 Food, +750 Water
-Population: 710
-Structures: Fortifications (3), Farming Equipment (3), Water Pump and Purifier (2), Hydroponics Farm (4)
-Arsenal: 500 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 120 1-H Guns, 10 2-H Guns, 15 Laser Weapons, 2 Heavy Weapons, 20 Canoes, 2 Rafts
St. Lucy (Port St. Lucie, FL; Urban Ruin):+250 Food, +50 Water
-Population: 180
-Structures: Fortifications, Farming Equipment, Water Purifier, 1 Heavy Weapon
-Arsenal: 30 1-H Guns, 20 2-H Guns

Headman&#8217;s Challenge solution:
Spoiler :
While slavery was legal for a good while, we never really go into it, and don&#8217;t have any real support for it anymore. As such, and given our policies, we will welcome the Sons of Oscar on their quest for freedom.

Orders:
Spoiler :
Scavenging/Military

We will be sending an expedition up along the coast as far as Sebastian, accompanied by several of the canoes and the rafts. This force will include 90 combatants on foot, 10 lasers, 30 2-H guns, 50 1-H guns (10 from St. Lucy), and the 4 canoes will be manned by 20 people, with 20 1-h guns borrowed from Refuge. These will pull the rafts to try and increase the transport abilities of the expeditions. Another 50 people with 1-h melee weapons split from both Liberty City and Refuge will accompany, as will the Overseer. This expedition will focus on scavenging the more northern areas south of the St. Sebastian River (as well as the islands) and will work their way south if they still have carrying capacity.

Another, smaller expedition will continue scavenging the Port St. Lucie area. 30 armed people with the remaining 10 2-H guns from St. Lucy and 20 1-H guns will protect 60 people from there and Liberty City as they do this.

Construction:
Spend 700 Scrap and 5 techparts and designing and constructing a new entertainment area in Liberty City. This area will house be intended to house samples of most forms of entertainment, with the more dangerous ones, such as chem use or brothels requiring licensing and particular oversight from a government commission, to prevent abuses. It will cater both to locals and foreigners. If this first, stage of development proves profitable, then it can be subject to expansion later.

Put to the populace if they want to call it the Monte Carlo, or the New Strip.

Construct Water Pumping and Purification station in St. Lucy, drawing from the St. Lucie River system, for 300 scrap and 8 tech parts.

A Visitor&#8217;s Guide to Liberty City, First Edition

Liberty City is a vibrant, active settlement of the Sunshine Wastes and the capital of the Freedom-Loving Survivalist Union.

The city is located on the site of the former Indian River Estates, with a core of the city roughly matching the street plan of that old site, namely the South-Eastern portion of it, with the city edges roughly matching the old edges of Indian River.

The marshy scrub land along the east and south of the city is the main area of agriculture for the city, as well as the wells from which the city draws water [Editor&#8217;s note: as of the publication of this work, the main work works of the city are non-functional]. This area was selected by the founders as the centre of agriculture for both its unsuitability for construction, and the lack of man-made constructions marring the soil.

Within the city, the tighter angles of the south East of home to the administrative districts, as well as the home of Black Hat radio. Further west and north the city expands and loosens out, with the fortifications transitioning into two layers of structures, with the outer notably being home to the city market district, which is sited for convenient access to the old Highway west of the city.

A critical centre of trade for the South-East Sunshine Wastes, the markets of Liberty City may be smaller than those of the main population centres of Wastes, but still see active business. Alongside this area is the current site of the development of a major centre of entertainment, designed to help centralize the important entertainment culture of the Union.

Top Bottom