Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

check out PIG http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328283 incorporated mod list

Spoiler :
Better AI v1.02a. UPDATED v0.925
BtS Unaltered Gameplay Mod 4.4 including
BULL v1.2. UPDATED v0.925
Unofficial Patch v1.6 for BtS 3.19 UPDATED v0.925
thanks to Fuyu's merge: Better BUG AI
Advanced Combat Odds
Global Warming Mod v1.10
Show Hidden Attitude Mod UPDATED v0.925
Lead From Behind v1.1
Culturally Linked Starts v1.1.3 (Custom Game option)
Influence Driven War Mod v1.1 (Custom Game option)
Events With Images v1.0
New sentry actions for units by Pep v0.91
Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes v4.20
Multiple Production Mod v003 (Custom Game option)
Some changes from MongooseSDK 3.3

Most of them are extremely useful like the BUG UI, AI mod and unofficial patch.
It would be nice to see them in your cool mod. Also it would be good if your mod was compatibile with this masterpiece: http://www.civfanatics.net/bluemarble/content/index.php

Spoiler :

Ain't it beautiful ? :king:

I am also experiencing the red circle bug that covers the map. ( Somebody above wrote about it and posted a screenshot)

Keep up the good work !

Waiting patiently beside my computer......:p

And while I'm waiting, why did you take the Hammers and food away from the tile when you build a trade post? That seems counter intuitive to how trade posts worked in the past. If anything you Found more food and production helping items At a trade post as well as the commerce.

Money/gold generation is now much harder to do than previous versions. Although "some" of the AI seems to not have that hindrance. Is this Leader related? Do I need to play as William Oranje?

Will you at some time address some of the nagging Diplomacy. I.e. the constant "Join me in destroying Civ X" every turn there is someone wanting to me to go to war with them against some one else. Of course I turn them down. I wish the Diplomacy mod section that allowed you to tell them to "Stop Bothering Me" would eventually be added. You get a Diplomacy relations "Hit" either way, but at least I wouldn't have to say No 2, 3, 4, 5,.... times a turn.

Oh yeah one more than about LH's someday I'd like to see Dido added in (she's Nice! :D ) or Nephratiti (sp?). Heshpatet(sp?) is plain Ugly as is Cleopatra (well so is Victoria ).

Can't wait till I get a game to the point I can start using your Industry upgrades. Always enjoyed them.

As for your Guilds....I personally never got the hang of how to use them properly or understood what was their real benefits. Same for Corps. Vanilla BtS I only rarely used them. Sid's Sushi and the Cereal one were generally all I tried. I didn't seem to be hurt by not using them.

Now to your Changelog:
Mines and quarries- Salt seems to be hard to get. Even on game start up it's rather scarce. Maybe it's intentional?
Unhappiness- Up to now it's been manageable. But Unhealthiness is much more hard to deal with. But back to Unhappy....why is it every time I try to build a Wonder that city will start generating Unhappy/Angry citizen who stop working making the chance of finishing the Wonder that much harder. This is really prevalent in the early Eras. And since we don't have the Trade caravans to help out Wonders are taking up to and over 100 turns to complete. An early Civ with 3 or 4 cities can't afford to have a city out of main production for that long.

Just some thoughts/observations while I wait for the new version. ;)

JosEPh :)

Uploaded 0.74.

Note that Part II Graphics is updated and need a redownload. Remember to delete the old VIP folder before installing.

Also note that the Goods that can be produced by Workshops and Industry requires the appropriate techs.
No Firearms 2000 BC ;) But since they act a little different than Farm/Plantation/Pasture etcetc I dont know what to expect, so if suddenly your workshop found out how to produce Automatic Weapons please let me know.

check out PIG http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328283 incorporated mod list

Spoiler :
Better AI v1.02a. UPDATED v0.925
BtS Unaltered Gameplay Mod 4.4 including
BULL v1.2. UPDATED v0.925
Unofficial Patch v1.6 for BtS 3.19 UPDATED v0.925
thanks to Fuyu's merge: Better BUG AI
Advanced Combat Odds
Global Warming Mod v1.10
Show Hidden Attitude Mod UPDATED v0.925
Lead From Behind v1.1
Culturally Linked Starts v1.1.3 (Custom Game option)
Influence Driven War Mod v1.1 (Custom Game option)
Events With Images v1.0
New sentry actions for units by Pep v0.91
Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes v4.20
Multiple Production Mod v003 (Custom Game option)
Some changes from MongooseSDK 3.3

1) Most of them are extremely useful like the BUG UI, AI mod and unofficial patch.
It would be nice to see them in your cool mod.
2) Also it would be good if your mod was compatibile with this masterpiece: http://www.civfanatics.net/bluemarble/content/index.php

Spoiler :

Ain't it beautiful ? :king:

I have been modmodding for the Rise of Mankind mod for a long time, but it became too slow for my old computer, and it went in a wrong direction with AND IMO. So I started this mod where Im 100% in design control :) And when I did I had to consider which base to start off at. I did a quick memory check : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9776184&postcount=125 to see the impact of the different components, and even though I love RevDCM and BUG, I'd rather fill my mod with my own creations. Every descision I make is based on memory consumption and is more or less optimized (I believe you cannot find another mod that adds this amount of content at only 12 MB size), and I really want to be able to play a Huge map with 18 civs well into Modern era without having to sit and wait minutes every turn.

TLDR. I really wanted those mods, but chose not to, to save memory consumption.

2) I believe you can use the BM terrain, but it requires a quick edit.
In VIP.ini inside the VIP folder the top looks like this :
Spoiler :
Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 1

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1
try setting NoCustomArt = 0 and NoCustomAssets = 0
if that doesnt work try ModularLoading = 1

Let me know how it works out. I havent installed BM (or rather uninstalled it) myself, as I'm not a big fan of the murky and dark looking graphics, and again : memory, memory and memory ;)

1) why did you take the Hammers and food away from the tile when you build a trade post?
2) Money/gold generation is now much harder to do than previous versions.
3) Will you at some time address some of the nagging Diplomacy. I.e.
4) Dido
5) As for your Guilds
6) Salt
7) why is it every time I try to build a Wonder that city will start generating Unhappy/Angry citizen
8) Just some thoughts/observations while I wait for the new version. ;)

1) I think it was because of the AI would otherwise spam them, but I'm pretty sure I'll put them back in 0.75, since in VIP, compared to RoM, the improvements give alot more.
2) I cant think of/remember why. I'll try play a bit and come back with this. Might have to do with the ability to produce gold by the process Trade, so to balance it out.
3) I wish I could, but its in SDK and I prefer (for now) to go with the vanilla BtS dll. But I do have other plans with Diplomacy that does not require dll changes.
4) Oh yeah :) I already started downloading Leaderheads, and will make a "Megapack" but it will come after I "finish" the Modern era as this has first priority.
5) There are a lot of reasons to build the Guilds and not so many reasons to build the Corporations. The Guilds give unique abilities and can help the cities grow/produce faster or give increased commerce.
6) I'll look into it. I have been rather lucky lately getting salt, so for me it hasnt been a big problem.
7) I have no idea why they become unhappy when producing wonders. I'll try to see if the same happens to me.
8) and as always, I appreciate your comments, views, remarks etc. You have hit the Credit list as number 2 ;)

Being a respondent to this mod rekindles the Fun times I had with zappara in RoM's early stages before the REV take over.

#2 :woot: :lol: :D

Have I told you that I really appreciate that you havn't added REVDCM into this mod? If not THANK YOU! (sidenote: the dcm part that dale originally made was cool)

VIP074 here we go!

JosEPh

Try Alt+i ;) (i is for interface and ctrl+i hides some, while alt+i hides all interface.)

And hang on a couple of hours. 0.73 wasnt good, so I'll upload 0.74 in a bit.

its still not working lol the MOD looks so good and yet i cant play it :(

just RoL which works perfectly fine and some other which Ive gotten rid of because they were nothing special lol

Its most likely a python file in the causing this issue, but try to hold shift down when clicking the BtS icon (starting the game). That will clear the cache.
If that doesnt work, can you Rightclick CustomAssets folder and see the size in Properties.
(Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets)

Also what kind of OS do you have (XP, Vista Win7) and did you patch BtS to 3.19, and does your username contain "foreign" characters?

Lastly, you might want to try to enable logging and python exception popups in CivilizationIV.ini
in Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\
and report back here again.

Hope it helps

edit : Try moving you Beyond the Sword folder
in Documents\My Games\
to the desktop. The game will recreate a new one. If that doesnt solve it you can always delete it and move the old one back.

nothing is working :( btw im using windows 7 i think ill try my pc which has windows XP and both has BtS 2.19 oh and when the game has loaded up it comes up with this before continuing to the game :confused:

Attachments

• ggdfgd.jpg
    ggdfgd.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 139
mmm. thats very strange. Did you use both Main download and Graphics download and did you merge them?
And it didnt help moving the Beyond the Sword documents folder. What about enabling python exception popups in CivilizationIV.ini.
It should come up with an error.

Did you install the game in Program Files folder?

edit : try to delete the python folder in VIP/Assets

------------------------------

made new gems and coal icons. The coal before was difficult to see on black background, and the gems... the gems.... they just needed to be changed. They looked like an old tv picture with no channel tuned.

And the work with the crates taught me a bit more Nifskope knowledge, so I finally could adjust the wide citybar to center. It was hanging too far to the right before, which is why I didnt use it :

[party]:band::dance::beer::banana:It Works :thanx::cheers::high5::trophy::bounce::thanx::cheers::high5::trophy:[party]:band::dance::beer::banana:
deleting the python folder in VIP/Assets did the trick Thank you​

[party]:band::dance::beer::banana:It Works :thanx::cheers::high5::trophy::bounce::thanx::cheers::high5::trophy:[party]:band::dance::beer::banana:
deleting the python folder in VIP/Assets did the trick Thank you​

lol. I didnt even know it was possible to put that many smilies in one post ;)

Now to the downside. You need to put the python folder back since there are a couple of screen setups in it that will make it difficult to play without.
Basically whats in it is :
Python folder :
CvMapGeneratorUtil.py (making sure that marsh is in the game. Needed)

Screens folder inside python folder :
CvMainInterface.py (cuttting a bit of the resource window in cityscreen so the top Great Person can be enabled. Usefull)
CvCivicsScreen.py (making space for 6 civics, only aesthetic. Not needed)
CvCorporationScreen.py (put a scrollbar in Corporation screen. Not needed, but usefull)
CvPediaMain.py (rearranges the Civilopedia. Not needed at all)
CvTechChooser.py (changes tech placements in tech screen so that there is no vertical scollbar. Not needed at all. Delete this!)

Try to delete the last one, then the second last one, then the third last one etc. etc. untill the game works, and please report back.
BTW: what screen resolution do you play with? and which mapscripts and sizes did you try?

Busy morning I see.

Back to salt. I complain I'm not seeing enough and my 1st 0.74 game my archipelago island has 3 sources! the island to the west has 1 as well as the island to the east! :lol: My 1 source of cow is helping my butcheries control unhealthiness now that I have salt. :D

I have not found any copper but I have 3 iron sources on 2 of the 3 islands I control. But that happens in an archi map.

Not sure how to handle the Militia units and unit costs just yet. I have not met any neighbors yet either though. That's one of the main reasons I like the Archipelago Maps and 7 AI games on Huge. You and the AI can be isolated for most of the Ancient and Classical eras. This allows Empires a chance to grow uninfluenced by neighborly pressures. So that when you do meet you generally meet a vibrant AI and not an overrun one (because of early and constant warfare that other maps cause).

Swamps/Marshes: I think the swamp tile needs a boost in Hammers. Swamps, while dangerous, are generally, in real life, resource rich. Just my opinion though.

Can't wait to get to Industrial Era. Want to see how the Industry/workshop path works out.

The New Art is good stuff too. :)

JosEPh

I'm getting a consistent ctd with a windows error message after playing for a few turns (less than five). I think it has something to do with the graphics. Sometimes I'm getting jerky animation before the crash - the animation recovers and I get the crash a turn or two later. I can reload a saved game and play a few more turns - then it crashes again. I tried several mapscripts/sizes and also redownloaded and installed. I've never had this problem with any other mod. I have a fairly new computer, Windows 7, duel processor 8 gig. I have played your mod successfully in the past, but I don't know which version. Any suggestions?

Do you have older versions of VIP in the BtS Mods folder besides the current 0.74 version?

I run XP Pro x64, dual processor, 8GB of ram, and an HD4650 vid card with 512 MB of DDR2 ram. No problems so far with any graphics options.

Did you by chance use the old Graphics version with the main 0.74 file?

And can you give more detail on the Win Error Msg please.

Do you have older versions of VIP in the BtS Mods folder besides the current 0.74 version?

I run XP Pro x64, dual processor, 8GB of ram, and an HD4650 vid card with 512 MB of DDR2 ram. No problems so far with any graphics options.

Did you by chance use the old Graphics version with the main 0.74 file?

And can you give more detail on the Win Error Msg please.

It was a fresh install - I downloaded both new files and deleted the old folder before installing. The windows message is just the generic Windows 7 message you get when a program stops running. Something like - "A problem stopped the program from working." I was wrong about being able to resume save games. The games keep bombing in the same place.

I'm getting a consistent ctd with a windows error message after playing for a few turns (less than five). I think it has something to do with the graphics. Sometimes I'm getting jerky animation before the crash - the animation recovers and I get the crash a turn or two later. I can reload a saved game and play a few more turns - then it crashes again. I tried several mapscripts/sizes and also redownloaded and installed. I've never had this problem with any other mod. I have a fairly new computer, Windows 7, duel processor 8 gig. I have played your mod successfully in the past, but I don't know which version. Any suggestions?

I doubt its a graphics thing. I have 1.5GB RAM with 128 MB Graphic, so VIP should be able to run on practically everything. But as Joseph mentioned, delete the old folder first. Also try removing the python folder or delete the files as described here :
Spoiler :

Python folder :
CvMapGeneratorUtil.py (making sure that marsh is in the game. Needed)

Screens folder inside python folder :
CvMainInterface.py (cuttting a bit of the resource window in cityscreen so the top Great Person can be enabled. Usefull)
CvCivicsScreen.py (making space for 6 civics, only aesthetic. Not needed)
CvCorporationScreen.py (put a scrollbar in Corporation screen. Not needed, but usefull)
CvPediaMain.py (rearranges the Civilopedia. Not needed at all)
CvTechChooser.py (changes tech placements in tech screen so that there is no vertical scollbar. Not needed at all. Delete this!)

Try to delete the last one, then the second last one, then the third last one etc. etc. untill the game works, and please report back.

It sounds like there is either a Win7 problem (I tested it on XP and Vista), or a conflict with another mod. The later sounds strange as I have turned NoCustomAssets on, but I also read a place that BUG could interfere if installed on the game instead of in a mod.

I uploaded a debug CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Try putting it into VIP/Assets. It should come up with usefull info. Also try setting HidePythonExceptions = 0 in Documents/CivilizationIV.ini

edit. Just to make sure it isnt graphics I uploaded a No ethnic units file (CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.rar). Place it in :
VIP\Assets\XML\Civilizations

@ Joseph
Swamps. I have never lived close to a swamp, and only been in one a couple of times. So its basically from wiki and tv/movies I draw knowledge. What kind of resources are there in swamps. And isnt it rather difficult to retrieve them. Also can any largescale "industry" be setup in a swamp, such as lumbermill, workshops etc. I imagine a swamp like a low lying wetland terrain with not much trees except maybe some mangrooves. Copy from Wiki : "Swamps were generally seen as useless and even dangerous.". I do feel though that the mapgenerator produces way too much swamp on the maps even though its only set to 10%. (maybe as a result of playing archipelago maps all the time ;))

Top Bottom