Maps of NESing V

Arrr, token playing around.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

So this is the map I'll be using for something at some point (I scrapped the one I had posted a few months ago, those who critiqued it were right--the map was nonsensical as hell), but that some point has been delayed thanks to how tedious (yet oddly satisfying/soothing) it is to plop down each individual mountain and hill. Next I'll have to do trees and after that do random touch-ups (like put snow on some mountain tops), and after that draw all the province boundaries. Also this is all hand-drawn!

EDIT:
Spoiler :

And all the mountains are done! I put snow caps on the particularly large mountains (the ones that are grouped up right next to each other). I'm iffy on all the special effects though, we'll see how it all comes together.

An aside: the actual province map will be much simpler than this (provinces that are just colored to be what their dominant terrain is). This is just the pretty map because I like making pretty maps.

EDITEDIT: Yeah, I got rid of the glow on the hills/mountains.

EDITEDITEDIT: Sip

I want to ask for advice. How do I get a large map in which I can make small details and nation names, while still making it a reasonable image size?

Also, if I were to double to "real" size of my on-computer map, and to use the imageshack resize at upload tool, what size should I resize it to?

thanks!

I have edited a map in GIMP ! how do i save it as a paint editable file ??

file > save as > "filename.png"

i want to ask for advice. How do i get a large map in which i can make small details and nation names, while still making it a reasonable image size?

Also, if i were to double to "real" size of my on-computer map, and to use the imageshack resize at upload tool, what size should i resize it to?

Thanks!

:bump:

please?

Well in whatever image-making software you use just make the image size really big. I tend to make my maps start out at 10k x 15k and then resize down to something more reasonable like 5k x 7k. Also don't use imageshack. Use Imgur. Always use Imgur.

No image size limit for one if I recall? I could be wrong. Album viewing and organizing are far superior to Imageshack's noneexistant. In my opinion.

There's a size-limit (I think), though even I have yet to it it with my absurdly large maps.

Imageshack resized every single old map from GalaxyNES, making them unreadable. I switched to imgur immediately after, and haven't turned back. I'll have to get around to repairing all of my old updates soon.

Select "Do Not Resize" in Imageshack. Imgur converts .png files to .jpg, and gives them a ton of image artifacts. Unless I'm doing something wrong -- if so, please inform me, because I do prefer Imgur's layout.

Imageshack resized a bunch of my pictures that I had uploaded without issue months prior to their abrupt resizing, and I have encountered not one of the problems that you described with imgur- how do you upload their images?

At any rate, I know how to check the 'do not resize' box- I merely lost my confidence in Imageshack's ability to serve as a long-term host for my images after they rendered the text on all of my old maps unreadable- I am lucky that I keep backups on my hard drive.

Not sure. For some reason, I can't upload .PNG files in Imgur, which are my file type of choice.

And yeah, it's pretty much never a bad idea to keep everything on your HD, unless you are somehow strapped for megabytes like it's 1992.

Hey Canadian computers are like American computers from the 90s. Don't be mean to Iggy.

Top Bottom