RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid?

I hate that crap, all they give me is loans at exorbitant rates. Although, I assume you're peeved for some other reason.

Erm, the whole point of a student loan from FAFSA is that the rates are exceedingly low.

You shouldn't have any rates right now, since I gather you're still in college. Student loans are deferred, meaning you don't have to start paying them until six months after you graduate. Their interest rates are almost always incredibly low, since they're backed by the Federal Government. For example, if you had started paying your loans back today, your interest rate would be 0.18%. Probably the absolute minimum you could get from a bank would be around 3 or 4%.

I hate to sound like everybody else and complain about the high heat and humidity, but damn.

At least it's better than the two weeks of nonstop rain we had prior to this heat wave.

I just realized that the Demotivator I thought was posted in H&J a while ago and had a rant featuring it a while ago, wasn't actually posted there. :headbang:

But I've since found it. So now I can post it there. :D

Had a bit of a fight with the girlfriend tonight. I told her I felt like I was raising her like a kid, because she makes irresponsible decisions that I have to protect her from. And that she was flippant about gravely important things.

I foresee problems in our future. Problems I wish we could have avoided. But I feel that they would only resurface later on down the road, with greater consequences.

But I also wonder, am I blowing these out of proportion? Are these problems that can be solved, or should I even be trying to solve them? Is learning to live with her quirkiness wrong? I think I might come to dominate the relationship if we continue, making all the important decisions and lording over her like, well, like my daughter. And I do not want that. But is it really wrong for things to become that way, or is it simply personal taste?

And then I worry that, if we separated, she might wind up with someone not so benevolent as I, and that would break my heart worse than breaking up in the first place. I feel like I should be the one who watches over her, like I have inherited this burden through our love. I do not like it, as I have said, but I worry that the alternative is worse.

Some tough days lie ahead.

I have injured the patella tendon on my right knee and it is very annoying right now. For the most part it just some pain, but it means I really cannot bend my knee that much, so moving around is very frustrating. Also it now means I have to sleep on back, which it is unusual.

I have Major Depression...

...thanks alot six months of unemployment and being alone with no girlfriend.

and being alone with no girlfriend.

Can you remind me why you need a girlfriend to be happy? I'm not trying to prod you like everyone else is, because I am struggling with this same questions myself.

get an online one then

Can you remind me why you need a girlfriend to be happy? I'm not trying to prod you like everyone else is, because I am struggling with this same questions myself.

He hasn't had one for much longer than he hasn't had a job.

I've graduated uni, I'm in the middle of the worst recession since MAGGIE BLOODY THATCHER, we're all unemployed and have no income, I'm unemployed, and seeking work desperately anywhere, the Jobseeker's is a load of crock, and I'm having issues with people in my life (especially one of my greatest friends; she now ignores me for some reason, owell).

But I'm intelligent, and I'm dedicated, and I'll find a damn job, even if I have to work on bloody shipping in Dover, or sell myself short, I will not fail, and I will still have my pride and my dignity.

I will not seek Jobseeker's Allowance.

trying... to find a part time job...

But I'm intelligent, and I'm dedicated, and I'll find a damn job, even if I have to work on bloody shipping in Dover, or sell myself short, I will not fail, and I will still have my pride and my dignity.

I will not seek Jobseeker's Allowance.

Why? For dignity/pride?

But you'd sell yourself short? Wouldn't that effect your pride/dignity too?

its better then being on the dole or, as all clueless libertarians would say, being a welfare whore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom