Community Deity game #7 - Shoshone

I had the same thought. All of those Wonder points seemed a bit excessive in comparison. I'll wait to play this game until that's resolved, as it probably would affect my game play. At the same time, is it fair to those who have already played to have their scores nerf'd? My take is that getting scores in line with the rest of the series would take priority.

You could use the achievements from the Brazil map. It's a nice thoughtful set for most any peaceful CV. I think I tried for my game --- but it left me with zero points!

how bout 1 point per 2 world wonders?

it should make it in line with others as 20-ish total

How about

A - 0.25 point for a World Wonder, 0.25 additional point if it stores Great Works (total rounded down)
B - Final tourism: 300-600 - 1 pt; 600-900 - 2 pts; 900-1200 - 3 pts; 1200+ 5 pts
C - Winning turn: <200 - 5 pts; 201-230 - 4 pts; 231-260 - 3 pts; 261-280 - 2pts; 281+ - 1 pt
D - 2 pts for each win of WF and IG
E - Settle a city 4 tiles from a computer player before turn 60 - 3pts

Achievement A gives around 3-7 pts for most players for an expected theoric total of 20-24 pts. However, Achievements B and C are kind of contradictory which will lower the expected total of points. The most likely maximum total is around 20pts.

Not many people seem to have played this one. Looks good enough for a Domination sweep. I think I'll try an Artillery rush, since I've not done one in a very long time.

Looks good enough for a Domination sweep.
I look forward to your write-up! So, are you relaxing on folks not pursing the recommended VC?

I would be curious too as to your assessment why this map is so strong. It is, but I cannot really articulate why that is the case. Sure, the starting dirt is good, but is it really exceptionally good? What makes this map so OP?

I am a little sorry that you are waiting on arty. Otherwise, I think you might be able to wrap this game up in less than 150 turns!

Since I'm not playing to be included in the spreadsheets, I intend to do as I like. I hope and think I've at least earned the right to do that.

This map looks good for Domination because in my first 100 turns I've found two rather weak victims to the North and West and two bullies to the South. Plus there is the NW which makes any Dom sweep much easier.

I wouldn't say it's OP because there isn't room for the 8 cities I'd want to become Artillery factories later.

I'm only waiting so that I can have some variety. Shoshone Pathfinder rush gets a little boring after a while.

Apologies if this feels like squabbling. People will have differences of opinion.

Since I'm not playing to be included in the spreadsheets...
Which makes you strongly expressing your opinion that others should not be recorded in the spreadsheet all the more hypocritical.

...I intend to do as I like. I hope and think I've at least earned the right to do that.
Sure, but everyone has &#8220;the right&#8221; to play the games as they like!

This map looks good for Domination because in my first 100 turns I've found two rather weak victims to the North and West and two bullies to the South. Plus there is the NW which makes any Dom sweep much easier.
I agree that it would be a good map for a Dom sweep.

I wouldn't say it's OP because there isn't room for the 8 cities I'd want to become Artillery factories later.
That is a good point. I am looking for insight as to why the map was so good for early CV and seems to be OP in general -- even if it is not perfect for your Arty rush.

I'm only waiting so that I can have some variety. Shoshone Pathfinder rush gets a little boring after a while.
How about cannons and cavs? Is there nothing really good for Pangaea after XB but before Arty?

Finally finished on new computer. T250+ CV. This is the only time I was able to pull off "super quarries" with MoH and Stone Circles, but I believe I reloaded to get MoH. Anyway, not a very eventful game, and it really should have been faster, but I am bad...

Attachments

• Pocatello.jpg
    Pocatello.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 134
Top Bottom