Dune Music Pack

Heya. I'm just installing this all for the first time--it looks really interesting.

I have tried to download the zip file several times using both Firefox and Internet explorer; however, each time something causes the download to end prematurely before the file is completely saved. I have not had this problem any other time with downloads and I wondered if it was a problem just at my end, or if there was a general problem here that others may have encountered too.

Hi mario, welcome to Dune Wars.

Are you still getting this issue? Mediafire can be a bit unreliable at times, I've noticed. I've had a few issues with it myself recently.

What sorts of stuff does the erainfos file include for this mod? (I'm wondering because I've noticed enemy factions getting some quite advanced offworld units, and because I notice that patches always replace the erainfos file when installed, and I have to switch back in the one from the music pack. I don't know if these two things are related, and the game runs pretty much fine, without the offworld units making too much a difference, but I am curious just to make sure.)

I'm wondering because I've noticed enemy factions getting some quite advanced offworld units

I think this has been because of some copy-paste tech changes that hasn't changed era. We should fix a lot of this in the next patch.

I recognise most of the music but don't recognise the source of the Ix diplo music. What is it?

Epic mod, btw.

I recognise most of the music but don't recognise the source of the Ix diplo music. What is it?

I'm pretty sure it's one of the Ordos tracks from the Emperor:Battle for Dune soundtrack.

New music pack linked in the opening post. You must install Dune Wars 1.9 and patch 1.9.0.1 first.

Mega props on the music, adds a real dune atmosphere to the game, getting flashbacks from the movie while playing...really draws you in :D

What is this awesome Ix theme?

Could you rehost the file on some other server ?

This seems to be going rather slow now... :rolleyes:

I can't get the download to complete. It's going very slowly and the just stops. I've tried numerous times with no luck. This is an awesome mod, btw. I would love to play with some Dune music instead of vanilla civ4! :p

Same problem here. Music pack 1.9's download is just broken... I have to settle with 1.7 for a while. :(

I tried this and I have the same experience. 1.7 downloads fast in a minute or two on my network. 1.9 takes 3-4 tries to get it to even start. Then it sits at 0% complete for a few minutes. Then the file size jumps to 2K (tiny!) and the downloader says it is done.

I have sent a PM to deliverator, but his last post was October, so there might be no hope.

Does anybody have the 1.9 pack from before? If you could upload it somewhere temporary, I can copy it to a new mediafire location. Maybe it would work better.

After many trials I have managed to download it. Where can I send it to you?

Great! Both 1.7 and 1.9 are stored at mediafire.com. Since 1.7 downloads fine, there is no problem with the site. There seems to be some problem with that one file. Mediafire is free to use; so if you just go to mediafire.com and upload it, that "should" fix the problem. Post the link here afterwards.

I'm also having some problems downloading 1.9. :( , great work on what I have heard, nice for the mood and setting! ;)

I've updated the 1.9 Music Pack link in the opening post to use Google Drive instead of Mediafire. Hopefully this will work better for people.

Top Bottom