The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #19 - Greece

I've got an Immortal England Continents game ready that I tested a few times (ran Firetuner). The other continent is verrry interesting. The AI never did crap with England (it doesn't get the AI bonuses), so even with trying to give it free banks and happy bldgs it came in last all the time. It probably has the worst start on the map, even though there is plenty of food and some luxes. Would be a challenge for DomV for several reasons, one of which is there are quite a few non-coastal caps... I've played peaceful for 145 turns and am near the bottom in demos - but part of that is I made a big gambit that should pay off over time.

Why don't you post it then as Game 21? Anytime is fine. The sooner the better.

I've spent hours rolling maps this week and I just cant find any motivation to post them.

Am really happy there will be a map to play after i finish off the persia lp!!! :) :)

This game actually straddled a two-week walking holiday in Greece, which included visits to the Parthenon, Aristotle’s library (Lyceum) and the Minoan site at Akrotiri on Santorini;- it would be nice to see a Minoan return in CivVI.

Spoiler :
I took up the implied City-State challenge and managed to ally all but 2 (1 each absorbed by Venice and Austria before I could conquer them) at the endgame. I opted for Dom V as it offered an earlier finish than Diplo, although I was slowed down by having to liberate 6 CS from the Mongol yoke. I was surprised by the aggressive actions of the AI in this game:- I was triple-DoW by Venice, Austria and Portugal around turn 90 (not usually the most sabre-rattling of opponents). I think this might have been due to my wide city placement. I dealt with the DoWs fairly easily, although Portugal did get a large force of ranged units (7 in all) around Athens but had no melee to back it up. This was also my first use of the Enhanced User Interface, which took a bit of getting used to.

Top Bottom