This scenario is...

• Incredible!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Great!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
i haven't got a chance to play this game yet... but i am really glad that you made the story of Wei, Shu and Wu into a story... really nice! i really like this story(since i'm from China) and hope i can get a chance to play it (with all the research to do i basically can only read civfanatics forum everyday for one hour without actually playing the game for a while).
did you have Zhu Ge Liang in the game? the strategist as famous as Sun Zi?

Btw, Sarevok, is there a scenario about the Zhan Guo 7 Kindoms? 7 countries tried to unify china with Qing being the final winner though it clapsed after only a few decades and then came the 'Han' dynasty which was followed by the '3 kingdoms'.
i think that'll be as interesting, if not more, as this one since the diplomacy will be of much fun ... (though i don't know how difficult it is to make it into a game). i hope what i wrote here makes sense to you since not every word is in English. but anyway you seems to be very knowledgable in chinese history and you'll figure it out.

Originally posted by davidcrazy
i haven't got a chance to play this game yet... but i am really glad that you made the story of Wei, Shu and Wu into a story... really nice! i really like this story(since i'm from China) and hope i can get a chance to play it (with all the research to do i basically can only read civfanatics forum everyday for one hour without actually playing the game for a while).

indeed he does, Zhuge Liang is used as a stragegist (or army)

Im glad that you are a fellow fan of this series. It has been one of my focus areas to make a scenario on this topic. Zhuge Liang is in the game, and you will see alot more of him in The Northern Campaigns

Btw, Sarevok, is there a scenario about the Zhan Guo 7 Kindoms? 7 countries tried to unify china with Qing being the final winner though it clapsed after only a few decades and then came the 'Han' dynasty which was followed by the '3 kingdoms'.
i think that'll be as interesting, if not more, as this one since the diplomacy will be of much fun ... (though i don't know how difficult it is to make it into a game). i hope what i wrote here makes sense to you since not every word is in English. but anyway you seems to be very knowledgable in chinese history and you'll figure it out.

I know nothing of that time period unfortunately, so the chances of me getting the kingdom's names right, let alone the land they owned is minimal. Sorry...

Some items in it:

- Wei is weaker, and starts at a terrible technological disadvantage. Unlike the previous scenario's, you have to be very good or Wei will have no future.
- Because fighting is done between Shu and Wu, They are in a locked alliance VS Wei
- Shu starts with an enormous advantage in techs and troop skill. They can kill Wei if given the Chance, though Sima Yi will be trouble.
- Shu Starts with its Unique unit
- 2 cities have been added, Nanzhong and Wudu, both are Shu
- Shu starts with Nanzhong, and thus gets Rattan forces as an option.
- There is a land bridge at Hefei
- Wu starts with a major advantage over Wei in the Hefei area.
- Wei's govenment is considerably weakened and has corruption problems now along with tile penalty.
- Shu has a much stronger government, AND there in NO maitnence (Zhuge doing his work) and 200% worker efficiency.
- Wu's GOVT has no changes.
- Arbalest made stronger
- and MUCH more!

Hrm... just something I thought I would mention.

When yuo say you have planned the battle of Wuzhangguan... that would mean Wu Zhang Pass(/Gate). Wuzhangyuan would be more appropriate, meaning Wu Zhang Plains.

The Northern Campaigns 227-285 1.0 By Sarevok

It is the year 227, The Three Kingdoms continue their cycle of bloodshed in fighting for the dominance of China, but now the stage has changed and it appears that the ballance of power has been shifted. Now it is Shu, not Wei who has the momentum to take the land. Zhuge Liang, the brilliant Shu Strategist and Prime Minister is preparing to campaign north into the Liang Province and to strike at Changan and the central plains. Shu's forces are elite and well trained, and they possess the best officer in the land: Zhao Yun. Although the 3 brothers are dead, their sons carry on the legacy of their fathers, and they will aid in the conquest of Wei. Wu has also made peace, along with the tribes of Nanzhong and they both will be of great use to Shu's
war. Wei's defeat seems imminent...

Wei has grown much weaker than the machine it was under Cao Cao and Cao Pi. Their government is corrupt and weak and threatened in every direction. Cao Rui, the current Emperor has lost many of Wei's elite officers to age and death, leaving only Xu Huang and Zhang He as experienced warriors. There are also the newer officers such as Deng Ai who have shown excellent skill and are ready for the fight ahead. But all nations have their 'problem vassals', and it is embodied in the Sima Family. The Sima's are ambitious, and may seek to overthrow Wei. Cao Cao himself called them dangerous and a possible internal threat. But Sima Yi is the only one who can fight Zhuge Liang on even terms, and his sons Sima Shi and Sima Zhao are excellent strategists in their own right. Wei appears to have no choice but to use these great weapons that may end up turning against them... Who will prevail?

Special Additions:
- 3 New Units specifically for this scenario only
- Specifically changes stats for units for the scenario
- New additions to the game
- Rattan Troops become used
- and much more!

TNK 1.0 Art & Text:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/TNK_Art_&_Text_1.0.zip

TNK 1.0:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/TNK_1.0.zip

Attachments

• counter.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 235
Sarevok,

First download!

This scenario will be interesting to play.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Originally posted by Rocoteh
Sarevok,

First download!

This scenario will be interesting to play.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

This version was fun to make, and I have made several changes to the gameplay that may suprise you. In my opinion it is the best of the expansion scenarios so far, and it will probably stay that way.

since one of the most fascinating part of the story of three kingdoms is about the people in story such as those legendary warrior Guan Yu, Zhang fei, Ma Chao and wise strategists..

and so i guess one biggest challenge for making three kingdom into a scenario,i guess, is to find the right way to mix the story of those people into the whole picture of the history... it seems from this prospective civIII isn't really a suitable game engine .. how do you think about this?

One word: this is incredible
oh, uhm that's three...

Love the options too :lol: , but the top option is the only one that does this scenrio justice IMO

Great work
edit: OH NO, incredible work, I mean :D

since one of the most fascinating part of the story of three kingdoms is about the people in story such as those legendary warrior Guan Yu, Zhang fei, Ma Chao and wise strategists..

and so i guess one biggest challenge for making three kingdom into a scenario,i guess, is to find the right way to mix the story of those people into the whole picture of the history... it seems from this prospective civIII isn't really a suitable game engine .. how do you think about this?

Its hard. One of these days though, I plan to fix it. Though thats looking months into the Future. For now, I use the experience system for skill of officers. Unfortunately some officers are in a class of their own (Lu Bu, Guan Yu, Zhao Yun, etc) being insanely powerful. I think at a much later time I can make a version that can have these officers as their own units.

Originally posted by The_Unforgiven
One word: this is incredible
oh, uhm that's three...

Love the options too :lol: , but the top option is the only one that does this scenrio justice IMO

Great work
edit: OH NO, incredible work, I mean :D

Im glad you enjoy it, but what options do you speak of?

The Rise of Jin is in production, and im nearly done with it. There is just one problem: I still do not have a "Jin" Flag leaderhead. To get the maximum effect, the project will be delayed until I can get the heads. Target date is April 10.

Top Bottom