End of Empires - N3S III

any which way the Satari have a death sentance hanging over their head...

Hehe... Just remember that it's been a little under a century since their rule; they've pretty much just filtered back onto the steppes.

1- Unlikely, but can we run another state at the same time? (Perhaps only every second or every first ruler or something)

That might be difficult, but you seem to have resolved this whole issue. :)

2- How much of the military academies have survived?

A bit of it. The Satarai kept them around, and while a lot were destroyed in the three wars, there are still a few around.

3- What happened to the formal doctrine of "Know thy enemy?"

Alive and well.

Awesome update North King but one point what happened to my religion becoming centralized and what happened to my explorations of the Galas Sea?

Well, technically I forgot about them, but you can assume your religion was centralized. :p As for the exploration, a little bit of the black was rolled back, though admittedly not much. You can assume your explorers continued following the coast and didn't find much of note.

What is the city of Asandar by the way? Asandar is/was a nation with Thaylon as its capital, Geson was Urntor and Galcia did not really have a capital as such as they became part of Urntor.

Yeah, I couldn't find your capital name the first time around, so I used the name Asandar for the city, and it stuck. I hope you don't mind.

Im confirming that me and Neverwonagame have agreed to each contribute to our orders, we will work collaberatively on our orders, and try to cross check our stories. I also have the deciding vote, with anything paticularily terrible probably being directed to you

I confirm the agreement

Very good. :D

The major war happened at least 100-200 years ago, thus My King is a bit confused.

Actually as far as I can see no date was stated in the update ( correct me if I am wrong) so when to you attack us? If the main invasion was 200 years ago then there must have been more minor conflicts since surely?

Both of you are right. The Battle of the Goroto Crater was a couple of centuries ago (with no real calendar around, I can't tell you exactly how long), and there have been more minor conflicts since. None were quite on the scale of the first battle, because neither king wanted to risk utter ruin.

OOC: What is Kalos, and why has it arisen? I don't mean this rude, just wasn't in update.

Don't worry about it; I left out a lot. Kalos is another Opulensi city-state, with a recently installed monarchy. It's pretty much neutral in all affairs right now.

To: Lumada and Moti

Hello lost brothers! It appears some remanents of the Great Family weren't too far away. Will you join your lost family and bring unity between our people? You may stay as seperate countries if that is your wish. However, we still wish to trade with you very much and maybe form an alliance with Krato. Come! Join the union of the Uggor and Duroc! Together we will prosper!

We do wish to remain separate, but trade and an alliance is most welcome.

(OOC: Do these guys have kings or do they use the family system Krato used to have?)

The family system.

If we switch to 20 year turns, will the stats be expanded?

Yes. That is actually part of the reason I need people to tell me if they have any objections to 20 year turns; larger stats will take a while to make.

NK, if I can be of any help in creating a stats 'worksheet' for you, let me know.

Personally, if we're only just approaching the start of the Iron Age...20 year turns would take a LONG time to get anywhere. I'd prefer 50 year turns at least.

Oh, and excellent update as usual. Masada, if you'd like to cross the desert to try and destroy me at the source, good luck.

I would like a few more "long turns" to develop this world a bit more.

He means the fact that they haven't changed means I haven't updated them. Which is correct.
Ok thank you. I was going to say, that would be a bit irksome.

Chief Bonto

Bonto was a rowdy mahout in his childhood. Born of the Kinto family he was charged with bonding with his elephant Zazza. Their relationship wasn’t exactly calm. When Bonto first met Zazza he jumped onto Zazza without warning. Zazza panicked and threw Bonto off, making him cry.

Things continued to go sour. When Bonto was 13 he was trying to teach Zazza to grab things with his trunk. Zazza decided to start practicing his grabbing skills on Bonto’s throat. Bonto punched Zazza in the eye to get him to let go. Bonto proceeded to bite Zazza’s tail. Things would happen like this over the years until Bonto was 20….

“What do you mean patrol!?” Bonto yelled at his chief, Leeto.

“Sorry my young brother, but as a mahout you must patrol the border with a couple warriors. Thearak could attack at a moments notice, and if and when that happens the mahouts are going to be our most valued men.” Leeto lectured.

“But this stupid elephant can’t do anything right. He’s almost killed at least once a year. I’d rather give him to the enemy than to fight with him!” Bonto yelled.

“As Chief of our family I command you to do your job. No go forth and may the ancestors look over you.” Leeto said. With that he pushed Bonto out of his hut.

Bonto’s patrol was going good. No sign of Thearak at all, he saw some cute Duroc girls and now he was returning to Krato [1]. Suddenly he heard something. It didn’t sound like people. It sounded like….thunder. But how? The sky was almost completely clear and it was the dry season. Suddenly he realized what it was.

“Behind us!” Bonto yelled. Just as he did so an elephant rammed right into the rear of the company. A few bodies could be seen flying up against the red night sky. Most of the men fled and went to Krato. Zazza however, wouldn’t budge.

“Come on you stupid thing! You Sku head! Move!” Bonto screamed. And move Zazza did. Right into the charging elephant. Bonto yelled and prayed to his ancestors to stop the charge, but before he could finish it was over. Zazza had gored the raging elephant right before it could charge a soldier who was lagging behind the rest of the group. The renegade beast fell to the ground with a large thump.

Bonto was credited with rescuing the soldier, whom was one of the more wealthy men of Krato. The story of Bonto’s charge would become stuff of legend. Bonto was very modest about the whole incident, but people thanked him anyway. However, Bonto knew it was Zazza’s doing that saved the man.

At the age of 30 Bonto became a Chief of the Council and commander of the armies of Krato. He had much success against barbarians and rogue families. In one battle he was knocked off of Zazza, only to hack his way through enemy lines to get back to his old friend.

Zazza lived well after Bonto became chief. The tips of his tusks were plated with bronze and his trunk also sported bronze armor. Zazza was well known for his intelligence. He has even helped a child get down from a tree after climbing too high.

Now Chief Bonto sits in the Council room, waiting for his skills to be put to use. Will that time ever come? Only time will tell.

And Zazza kind of just sits there lazily, playing in the River Yensai.

OOC: [1] The capital. Not the country.

I kind of made this quickly so I'm sorry for the lack of quality.

To: Palmyra

We want to express our hostile attitude against your nation by sending you an insult regarding the ugly shape of your ship hulls. However, if you are to send us a gift after your dreadful actions against our mighty king Geopopultopu IV, we would perhaps look somehow different on your unstable nation. The gift to show your friendly attitude against us would be five horses and a princess my heir can marry. Summarized, we proposed a marriage between your king's daughter and a small display of friendship towards us in the form of this gift. If such thing is happening, we will forget your actions against us in the past.

Great Update NK, I have no problem going to 20 year turns

to: Neruss
You own a precarious position in this world. We offer you protection from your enemies under the Triluin bloc.

to: Farou
We have a common enemy in the Hu'ut and desire to share this peninsula of Helsia with you. It will be beneficial for us not to conflict and work for the glorification of Helsia.
To: Truilui

Fear not, our seafaring friends, we have no ill intentions against you or your territories. Let peace and freedom reign in our lands!
I vote for another long update so that the rhythm would be consistent.
I would also think that a long update now is a good idea. However, I'm not opposed to a short update if you would prefer that.

Echoing everyone else, one more long update.

Lurker's Comment: I have been itching to join a political campaign this summer, but have been unable to find anything in California. Might I ask how you managed to get into working for a political campaign? :(

Well, some of it is local things. I'm working on the Democratic primary for City Council that's on Tuesday, for example (for my incumbent Councilman, an excellent anti-machine politician being challenged by the county machine). And, through him, I've gotten connected to the local Obama campaign, which I'll be volunteering for over the course of the summer. Really, though, all you need to do is go online, find out the nearest campaign offices, go there and tell them you'd like to volunteer for the summer. Campaigns need people even in California; they won't turn you down.

Anyway, is it all right with you NK if I start a new nation? I have a location picked out, but, in order to keep cultural spheres intact, I'd like to hear a bit about the culture of the area first. The nation is called Gallat unless that is a complete mangling of the local language group.

Anyway, is it all right with you NK if I start a new nation? I have a location picked out, but, in order to keep cultural spheres intact, I'd like to hear a bit about the culture of the area first. The nation is called Gallat unless that is a complete mangling of the local language group.

Works with me. The only real culture the area could be considered to have is that of Ferman, which, as near as I can tell, is pretty undefined (no offense to Justo, I just don't see much there that stands out). I'll repost his template below:

Spoiler :
Ferman
Starting Location:
Society: The Ferman people generally form around single leaders. Often offering complete loyalty to this person. This person is generally chosen Hereditary and the ruler is given the title of Emperor.
Lineage: Hereditary
Values: Power, Loyalty, Friendship
Religion(s): Multiple Gods generally of nature (The Sea, trees, stars etc). The main Gods are the Gods of the Stars and the moon.
Language(s): [Add a description of your people’s language, including, if applicable, their writing system]
Mythos: The Ferman people are believed to have come from the stars. The brightest star Zet is believed to have been the creator of all life and Ferman people. The Ferman people originated in the nearby woods and gradually moved to their current position near the coast as they grew more reliant on fishing for sustainance.
Economic Base: Heavy reliance on fishing and hunting for food, Limited farming and animal husbandry at this time, weak shipbuilding ability, weak mining extraction, weak timber extraction
Nation Names: Furmon, Hurag, Milett, Peren
Person Names: Uron, Raek, Poild, Fedsan
Place Names: Kern Ocean, Hilbera Forest

Beyond that, his nation went through a period of herding, and is now heavily reliant on farming, as well as the world's main source of wine.

Also, since the next turn appears to be long, by consensus, there will be a lot of collapsing and rising nations, so a new people won't be difficult to explain.

We won’t be pursuing you... but Moralism and Unity has found its favourite target now :)

A Joint Motion from the Unitariax, Head of the Faith and the All Highest Moralist, Head of the Philosophy
To peoples of the Empire of Sesh, the Exiled States and those other nations which follow The Unitariax words.

The Unitariax through a legitimate vote of the Council of Faith hereby pronounces a death sentence on those, harbouring, trading, aiding, abetting, travelling with, providing information of any to nature, being of good relations with, being of service to or working with the Satarai. The interests of the Empire and its security are of paramount concern to the movement and anyone found breaking it will be subject to the direst punishments before their inevitable deaths.

The All Highest Moralist through a legitimate vote of the Council of Philosophy also echoes this move and adds that those who even consider the Satarai to be people are aiding the Satarai cause by assigning them human emotions; it is patently obvious that they do not have them nor are they humans. It is the solemn belief of the Council that they are in-fact related to the horses they so commonly are found mounting.

The Unitariax also amends “person” to include the Arkage, given that in the course of the fighting against the most hated enemy it became patently obvious to those involved that the Arkage are in-fact Seshweay although this distant relationship was not immediately apparent. Furthermore the Unitariax wishes to create a new category “half person” for those who are not Seshweay or cousin-Arkage but are in-fact convincing artificial humans, who it is in the learned opinion of the Council may be related to rats given the propensity of them to have sharp teeth, fur, beady eyes, foul breath, carrion eating behaviour, cannibalistic urges and big noses. It is up to the discretion of the Emperor and His Government to decide on those whom constitute “half person” any objections will of course be given by the Unitariax.

The All Highest Moralist wishes to furthermore add, that those in contact with “half person” should immediately wash as it is likely they carry bad air. Business with them should probably be conducted outside.

Any ETA on new stats NK?

Top Bottom