El-J 03 ~ Going Rogue, AoI Style

Sorry I've been quiet - boo on family and moving stuff taking up my valuable Civ-playing and -discussing time! :mad:

Whomp said:
I'm having trouble loading your .rar file ChaosArbiter. Can you put it in .sav format?
Sorry about that, I'd had to move it from a "Virtual Store" location to the normal saves location and didn't think about non-raring it.

Whomp said:
Entertainers are a big no-no. If a city can't survive without entertainment then their population should starve and at the most should have one or two. Everyone needs to work...

Looking at the cities core first...
All things I'm very bad at :p

Klyden said:
After mountain guns, I recommend doing Howitzers and then Chemical Engineering and then getting the two improvements built ASAP. The production bump is big as is the 50% science increase each provides.
I've never actually gotten Chem-Engineering in either of the games I've played. Just completely skipped over it, for some reason ... got all the other Optional techs, though.

Whomp said:
Watch the engineers since they only make buildings and can't be used for units.
:facepalm: Well, now I know why it wasn't helping my Boxer Riflemen builds before.

I was at my store for 12 1/2 hours today. Coffee stopped having any effect a few hours ago. I am about to play.:crazyeye:

I'm pretty sure I got the No Raze Patch working & I've reread everyone's logs and strategies. Wish me luck!

Whomp, thanks for passing off the game in such great shape!:goodjob:

A telegraph from the Imperial Cabinet arrives.

ADMIRAL MAIMONIDES STOP WE ARE TEMPORARILY DISTRACTED BY TOKYOS BEAUTIFUL CHERRY BLOSSOMS STOP TAKE COMMAND OF THE EMPIRES DIPLOMACY MILITARY AND INDUSTRY FOR FIFTEEN WEEKS OR UNTIL THE PETALS FALL WHICHEVER COMES FIRST STOP HAVE A NICE DAY STOP

IBT

-Our scientists have learned Field Guns I! Time to go duck hunting!

I assign them to reasearch Submarines I so that we may better supply the market in Tokyo with fresh octopus. (Following everyone's advice to get the expensive techs.)

-The people of Osaka complete the Wright Flyer! Now our daring pilots can achieve a sustained flight of over 16 feet! Banzai!!!

At the press conference, reporters ask why glorious Japan would name the world's 1st aeroplane the "Wright Flyer." I change the subject by mentioning that we expect a bumper wasabi crop this year.

Osaka is ordered to build a Saw Mill to produce chopsticks (& another Shield).

-Our scientists discover Submarines I! This gives us the Holland Type VII Class SS 1(15).2.3. It's invisible like Wonder Woman's airplane.

I assign them to research Destroyers II. I don't know what that means, but anything with the root word, "destroy" must be fun.

-Our scientists discover Destroyers II! Somebody remind me to drug test our scientists. I'm beginning to suspect barbituate use.

I assign them to spend a weekend at a geisha house & then begin researching Mountain Guns I which got better reviews than Young Guns II. (Pre-Dreadnaughts IV is more expensive, but it doesn't give us anything.)

-T'aipei produces a Colonial Conscript Worker!

(I'm tempted to order a Colonial Constabulary in 3 Turns, but I go with the Telegraph Station in 4. T'aipei needs Culture to gain a tile or two from Fuchou &/or Hong Kong. The extra Shield helps, too.)

-Niigata builds a Naval Base!

Work begins on a Tea Plantation to be done in 5 Turns.

-Pusan builds a Unversity! Korea's 1st toga party occurs that same night.

I order a Stock Exchange. Done in 10 Turns.

-Ryukyu Islands launches a Steam Transport!

(I order a Judicial System in 23 Turns which should be more efficient than a Factory in the same time. The city is losing 1 Shield & 8 Beakers per Turn to Corruption.)

Very sorry, but I must sleep. Will pick this back up ASAP.

Kagoshima will build Vacuum Tube in 4 Turns, but the next tech is due in 5 so we're wasting Beakers. I'll make adjustments.

I'm still working out how to post a screenie. I grabbed one of the Wright Flyer splash.

Week 9, 1898, Turn 41 begins when I return!

I'm still working out how to post a screenie. I grabbed one of the Wright Flyer splash.
Two ways - first is less desirable, since it shoves all the screenshots at the end of the post, but all you do is "Manage Attachments" and stick the picture in there. Second, you can use Imageshack or Photobucket to stick the picture in a specific spot by using the

I use imageshack and then post them between

I forgot to mention that the Russian navy bombarded Shanghai during the IBT. Their ships are now stacked up in the waters between Seoul & Shanghai.

Fukoku Kyohei! (Enrich the country, strengthen the military.) -Japan's national slogan during the Meiji era.

Osaka Castle ca. 1890.

Week 9, 1898, Turn 41

-Checking with the Foreign Advisor, Russia & Germany are still @ war with the British. This could be a chance to go for Tsingtao, but Russia's navy is blocking the sea between us & there.

All of our neighbors who aren't at war with each other have Right of Passage treaties between them which isn't a good sign for us. We don't want them to like each other.

China is "pissed" with us...

-The Colonial Conscript Worker in Taipei is renamed Paiwan Laborer.

The Steam Transport is renamed (TR) Meiji Maru.

The Paiwan Laborer is loaded onto the Meiji Maru & dropped off on the Ryuku Islands. The Meiji Maru returns to Taipei to await Raw Materials. (This may be unpopular, but Ryukyu Islands needs it's land tiles mined badly. It's production sucks.)

-Colonial Conscript Worker in the Hills northwest of Osaka begins mining.

-(TR) Akita drops anchor in Kagoshima.

-The Steam Transport @ Ryuku Islands is renamed (TR) Awa Maru. It steams to Kagoshima where it drops anchor.

Japanese junk ca. 1890s

-(Gunboat) Kongo is ordered to the sea south of Pusan to relieve the Steam Transport valiantly trying to perform guard duty there.

-The naval squadrons anchored on the coast by Akita, Niigata & Kagoshima are ordered to steam for port in Kagoshima. Stir in some land forces & we'll be ready to serve a hot dish of "all your base are belong to us" to somebody.

-Convert 2 Citizens in Osaka from Civil Engineers to Scientists. It will still build a Saw Mill in 3 Turns.

Japanese workers ca. 1890s.

-Convert all of the Civil Engineers in Kagoshima to Scientists. It will still build the Vacuum Tube in 4 Turns.

-Taipei has allot of happy people. Convert 5 Entertainers to Scientists to give us Mountain Guns I in 4 Turns. Convert some Entertainers & Taxmen to Civil Engineers to build Telegraph Station in 2 Turns instead of 4. City still has one happy Citizen. He is happy because he knows he has capable leadership.

-Take 2 tiles from Pusan & give them to Seoul. Seoul is in a position to be a powerhouse. Pusan isn't.

-Seoul was producing Japanese Infantry in 5 Turns. (I checked to see what rushing it would cost & hit the wrong button... The mistake cost 1262 gold. We'll have some new soldiers next Turn. Sorry.)

Then realized I can use the 360 Shield Infantry to get the 400 Shield Research Lab in 1 Turn so Seoul switches to that. We'll need the Lab as techs grow more expensive.

-Notice that Hamhung has a Hill tile that isn't being worked so I put it to use. Switch Hamhung from Japanese Infantry in 11 Turns to Financial Institution in 8 Turns. Convert just enough Taxmen to Civil Engineers to get it in 3 Turns.

-Convert Taxmen to Civil Engineers in Niigata to get Tea Plantation in 3 Turns instead of 4.

-Rush the Naval Base in Kuril Islands for 326 gold.

-Switch Sapporo from Manufacturing Plant in 4 Turns to Judicial System in 2 Turns. The city is losing 3 Shields & 5 Beakers per Turn to Corruption.

-Switch Akita from Japanese Infantry to Stock Exchange. Convert enough Taxmen to Civil Engineers to get it built in 2 Turns.

-Look through all the cities again to be sure nobody is throwing Molotov cocktails & hit "Enter."

IBT

-Cuban Natives declare war on the Spanish! "Those are my cigars! No! Those are MY cigars!" Yadda yadda yadda.

-Tokyo turns out Japanese Infantry! Another division will be trained in 2 Turns.

-Kuril Islands produces a Naval Base! A Judicial System is ordered for completion in 5 Turns. It's time to clean up those mean streets!

Stereoscopic view of Kagoshima ca. 1908-1912. Now THAT'S a Naval Base!

-Seoul builds a Research Lab! They begin teaching white mice to run through a maze. A Judicial System is ordered for completion in 4 Turns.

-We catch the Chinese trying to plant a spy! He won't like our prison camps...

-The Russian navy bombards British Shanghai & steams north to the waters off Seoul. No sign of the British navy, yet.

-A damaged German Schutzruppe Infantry can be seen in the Hills between Tsingtao & Shanghai.

Benton Street, Yokohama ca. 1892-1894. Very patriotic!

Week 13, 1898, Turn 42

-Japanese Infantry in Tokyo is renamed (JI) Imperial Guards Division. It marches to barracks in Kagoshima to join the invasion fleet when the time comes.

Ack! Our glorious Meiji Oligarchy has a limit of 1 Military Police unit.

Yokohama Nectarine No. 9 brothel ca. 1890s.

-The Civil Engineers & Colonial Conscript Workers southwest of Osaka finish whatever they were doing & are ordered to mine the Hills northwest of that city.

-The Colonial Conscript Workers northwest of Hamhung finish whatever they were doing & are ordered to mine the Iron-laden Hills north of Seoul.

-The Paiwan Laborer begins mining the plains on Ryukyu Islands.

-The (Gunboat) Kongo arrives on station in the strait between Japan & Korea to guard that passage. The Steam Transport that was rusting...errr...resting there docks @ Pusan to await Korean Raw Materials.

-Rush the Saw Mill in Osaka for 768 gold. Can't afford to rush anything else. Switch all the Civil Engineers there to Taxmen.

-Convert a couple of Civil Engineers in Sendai to Taxmen. Will still build a Naval Base in 2 Turns.

-Convert 4 Civil Engineers to Taxmen in Hamhung. Will still build a Financial Institution in 2 Turns.

(Japanese financial institution.) Japanese merchant ca. 1892-1896.

-Convert another Entertainer in Taipei to a Taxman. Can't convert any Civil Engineers without pushing back the build a Turn.

-Convert a Civil Engineer in Kuril Islands to Taxman. Will still build Judicial System in 5 Turns.

-Convert all the Taxmen in Pusan to Civil Engineers to build the Stock Exchange in 3 Turns instead of 17. (I overlooked this last Turn. OOps!)

-Convert several Taxmen to Civil Engineers in Seoul to build Judicial System in 2 Turns instead of 11.

-Convert all Civil Engineers to Taxmen in Sapporo. Will still build Judicial System in 1 Turn.

-Convert 8 Civil Engineers to Taxmen in Akita. Will still build Stock Exchange in 1 Turn.

-Current revenue is 1149 gold per Turn. Not an Entertainer to be seen in all of his Majesty's empire.

("Enter")

Posting these one at a time because I'm not sure how far I'll get in one session. Hope everyone likes the cool pics in lieu of screenies.

I've never MMed so much before.

Molotov Coctail is our invention, not Japanese. ;)

Semi-lurker comment: I don't believe he was claiming to the contrary. He said he was just making sure nobody was throwing them.

Though as stated, you are correct.

Molotov Coctail is our invention, not Japanese. ;)

Semi-lurker comment: I don't believe he was claiming to the contrary. He said he was just making sure nobody was throwing them.

Though as stated, you are correct.

I always assumed it was a Russian invention.

Just pretend that any Meiji era Japanese Molotov cocktails thrown in this game are filled with petrol looted from the Dutch East Indies.:)

lurker's comment: You don't need to sign up for Imageshack. I've been using it for years without doing so.

Good to know. Thanks.

I just wanna get the game moving along for now. I'll worry about that after I pass the baton along.

excellent Maimonides! great work!! keep it going :)

I just got home from work & am about to play. I know I'm lagging & I'm very sorry. This time of year is crazy for us retailers & I've been sick on top of it.

Just say the word & I'll stop & post a save so you can take over. I check this thread fairly often when I'm at the computer. Otherwise, here come my last 3 Turns...

BTW, everybody, feel free to throw out any criticism. I've got thick skin & I really want to help this team effort. I've never played seriously at this level or MMed so much.

To be exact, the Spanish Nationalists used the Molotov cocktail first in the Spanish Civil War before Second World War against the Spanish Republican T-26s, but the Finns used it more efficiently and in a larger scale during the Winter War and Continuation War. The Finns also named the petrol bomb, which it was called before.

The name was invented during the Winter War when the Russians bombed Helsinki. When Vyacheslav Molotov, Russia's "Foreign Advisor" claimed in radio broadcasts that they were not dropping bombs but rather delivering food for the starving Finns, the Finnish people began to use the name "Molotov's bread baskets" when they talked about the bombs. And when the Russians began to roll heir tanks to the front, the Finns served the Russians some drink to go with the food, as in here, the Molotov cocktail.

You can read more here.

To be exact, the Spanish Nationalists used the Molotov cocktail first in the Spanish Civil War before Second World War against the Spanish Republican T-26s, but the Finns used it more efficiently and in a larger scale during the Winter War and Continuation War. The Finns also named the petrol bomb, which it was called before.

The name was invented during the Winter War when the Russians bombed Helsinki. When Vyacheslav Molotov, Russia's "Foreign Advisor" claimed in radio broadcasts that they were not dropping bombs but rather delivering food for the starving Finns, the Finnish people began to use the name "Molotov's bread baskets" when they talked about the bombs. And when the Russians began to roll heir tanks to the front, the Finns served the Russians some drink to go with the food, as in here, the Molotov cocktail.

You can read more here.
I remember that story. Gotta love that sick humor! :lol:

Arexander, thanks for the info.

The bamboo road of Kyoto ca. 1898.

IBT

-Sapporo builds a Judicial System! Jaywalkers beware! Corruption drops to 1 Shield & 3 Beakers per Turn. A stock Exchange is ordered for completion in 5 Turns. Greed is good.

-Akita builds a Stock Exchange! A Sumo Wrestling Stadium (Sport Stadium) is ordered for completion in 4 Turns. (Culture is needed with Vladivostok next door.)

-Osaka builds a Saw Mill! The chopstick shortage is over! A Naval Base is ordered for completion in 6 Turns.

-T'aipei builds a Telegraph Station! No more waiting on the mail ship! Paiwan Worker (Colonial Conscript Worker) ordered to be conceived, born & raised in 3 Turns. His parents get to work...

-Russian navy continues to bombard British Shaghai. They're not using Molotov cocktails because those are a Finnish invention.

-Starvation at Pusan! I told them they'd regret not planting cabbage...

Japanese farmer plowing mud ca. 1897-1900.

Week 17, 1898, Turn 43

-(Gunboat) Kongo drops anchor south of Pusan. As long as it's there, the strait between Japan & Korea is open to us & no other.

-3 Civil Engineers & 3 Colonial Conscript Workers will finish mining the Hills northwest of Osaka in 2 Turns.

-Civil Engineer completes a road in the Hills northeast of Kagoshima & starts mining.

-With the arrival of the squadron from Akita, our entire navy, minus the (Gunboat) Kongo, is docked at Kagoshima ready to embark for conquest. They can also intercept the Russian navy off Shanghai from here if the tsar gets any ideas.

On 2nd thought, (CA) Kasuga steams to the waters between Kagoshima & Shanghai to keep an eye on that besieged city. The recon reveals an injured British Colonial Infantry carrying Raw Materials guarding the city.

(CA) Kasuga will remain at that station to try to determine Shanghai's total defenses as the Russians bombard it.

Yakatabune leisure boat ca. 1890-1896.

-2 Taxmen in Osaka are converted to Scientists to get Mountain Guns I in 2 Turns. For some reason, it had stayed at 3 Turns to completion when the new Turn started.

Convert several Taxmen to Engineers to build the Naval Base in 3 Turns instead of 6.

-Vacuum Tube is still on track to complete in 2 Turns in Kagoshima. We have a vacuum & we have a tube. All we have to do is put them together. Right?

-Convert an Engineer to a Taxman in Hamhung. Financial Institution will still be built next Turn.

-Convert all the Engineers in T'aipei to Taxmen. They could help raise a nerd, but not the Paiwan Worker.

-Rush the Tea Plantation in Niigata for 592 gold. Convert all the Engineers to Taxmen.

Japanese fruit seller ca. 1897-1900.

-Rush the Judicial System in Kuril Islands for 640 gold. City is losing 3 Shields & 12 beakers per Turn to Corruption so this is badly needed. Convert all the Engineers to Taxmen.

-Starvation in Pusan totally screwed up the Citizens. I look to find everyone "happy" & several Entertainers. Convert all entertainers & some Taxmen to Engineers to built the Stock Exchange in 3 Turns instead of 17. City still has 1 happy soul.

-Ryukyu Islands are a problem. Next build comes in 21 Turns... Can't afford a rush. All Citizens are Scientists, but I can't convert them to Engineers without losing Mountain Guns I in 2 Turns. For now, all hope lies with that Paiwan Worker mining it's Coconut Plains.

-Convert all but 1 Taxman to Engineers in Sapporo to build Stock Exchange in 2 Turns instead of 5.

-Checking the war in Cuba & the war in Europe: no cities have changed hands.

-2 Russian Civil Engineers are laying rails in the Forest northwest of Vladivostok. 2 more of their Civil Engineers are either building rails or mines in the Hills between Vladivostok & Mukden.

-The Chinese Steam Transport anchored in our Sea southwest of Kagoshima is still there.

-Current revenue is 1155 gold per Turn.

IBT

-A British envoy says that 32 gold will ensure our "puny civilization's survival." I give it to them, but they better watch out. We'll have indoor plumbing soon.

They are "annoyed" with us.

-Russian navy bombards Shanghai. It was hard to catch, but it looked like the British have 3 or 4 Colonial Infantry garrisoned there, all damaged now.

-Sendai builds a Naval Base! A University is ordered to be completed in 8 Turns.

-Tokyo raises Japanese Infantry! I'm tempted to order a Saw Mill or Tea Plantation in 2 Turns to get the city to 190 Shields per Turn, but I order another Japanese Infantry. We need to load up those ships in Kagoshima & kill somethin'.

-Hamhung builds a Financial Institution! A Judicial System is ordered to be complete in 3 Turns. City is losing 3 Shields & 6 Beakers per Turn to Corruption.

-T'aipei produces Raw Materials!

Hand weaving silk ca. 1897-1900.

-Niigata builds a Tea Plantation! A Saw Mill is ordered to be completed in 7 Turns.

Curing tea leaves in Japan ca. 1897-1900. Clothing optional apparently.

-Kuril Islands completes a Judicial System! Corruption is down to 1 Shield & 5 Beakers per Turn. A Factory is ordered to be completed in 17 Turns.

-Starvation at Pusan! Blah blah blah.

-Seoul has completed a Judicial System! Corruption is down to 2 Shields & 3 Beakers per Turn. A Saw Mill is ordered to be completed in 3 turns.

-We catch Hispaniola trying to plant a spy! We let the gaijin go. Being from there is punishment enough.

Week, 21, 1898, Turn 44

-The Russian navy is doing something odd now. They moved a damaged Perseviet Class BB into Chinese waters northwest of Fuchou. A Petropavlosk Class BB is in British waters southeast of Shanghai. The rest of their fleet retired north after bombarding Shanghai as usual.

Visible are 4 Perseviet Class BBs, 1 Petropavlosk Class BB, 4 Vladmir Monomakh Class CAs, 1 Bogatyr Class PC & 2 Coastal Gunships. They are definitely building BBs in Port Arthur...

-Still no sign of the British navy. An injured British Colonial Infantry is still visible in Shanghai.

-Japanese Infantry in Tokyo is renamed (JI) 2nd Provincial Division. They march to Kagoshima to join the invasion forces we have gathering there.

-Raw materials in T'aipei are loaded onto (TR) Meiji Maru which steams for Kagoshima.

-Rush Judicial System in Ryuku Islands for 692 gold.

-Rush the Paiwan Worker (Colonial Conscript Worker) in Paiwan for 240 gold. (TR) Awa Maru steams there from Kagoshima to pick him up next Turn.

Japanese stone carvers ca. 1897-1900.

-Convert 9 Engineers in Hamhung to Taxmen. Will still build Judicial System in 3 Turns. Can't afford to rush it.

-Convert some Taxmen to Engineers in Niigata to build Saw Mill in 4 Turns instead of 7.

-Convert several Taxmen to Engineers in Kuril Islands to build Factory in 5 Turns instead of 17.

-Starvation in Pusan continues to create lots of Entertainers making all the Citizens "happy." Convert all Entertainers & some Taxmen to build Stock Exchange in 3 Turns instead of 14.

-Convert several Engineers to Taxmen in Seoul. Will still build Saw Mill in 3 Turns.

Thinking seriously about taking the Bonus Plains from Hamhung & giving it to Seoul, but I decide not to do it, yet. Seoul is Korea's powerhouse, but Hamhung needs to be built up 1st.

-Convert 1 Taxman to Engineer in Sendai to build University in 7 Turns instead of 8.

-Revenue still at 1155 gold per Turn. 3 techs coming next Turn!

-Current Victory Points Top 5: Russia 284, USA 264, France 262, Japan 242, Germany 228.

IBT

-Austria-Hungary & British Empire make peace!

-Germany (Austria-Hungary's Siamese twin) & British Empire make peace!

-Our reasearchers discover Mountain Guns I! Begin researching Howitzers I.

-Sapporo builds a Stock Exchange! A Saw Mill is ordered to be completed in 3 Turns.

-Kagoshima builds the Vacuum Tube!!!

-Our scientists discover Howitzers I! Have gun, will travel. Begin researching Chemical Engineering.

-Our scientists discover Chemical Engineering! Begin researching Advanced Mining Techniques to be complete in 4 Turns.

-Chemical Plant is ordered built in Kagoshima to be completed in 5 Turns.

-T'aipei recruits a Paiwan Worker (Colonial Conscript Worker)! A Colonial Constabulary is ordered to be completed in 3 Turns. City is losing 2 Shields & 3 Beakers to Corruption.

-Ryuku Islands build a Judicial System! Corruption is down to 1 Shield & 4 beakers per Turn. A Factory is ordered to be completed in 23 Turns. The city's cultural influence expands!

Week 25, 1898, Turn 45

-The Russian navy is stacked up on the Coast northwest of British Shanghai, but it didn't bombard the city & the Colonial Infantry there is totally healed... I check with the Foreign Advisor & they are still at war. Very odd.

(CA) Asuga stays on station to watch the situation.

-We cash in Raw Materials from T'aipei @ Osaka!

Tea pickers in Japan ca. 1897-1900. Find the little girl who is checking out the photographer...

-Workers & Engineers in the Hills northwest of Osaka complete the mine. They are all set to build a road & complete it immediately. They'll all be available to work elsewhere next Turn.

-(TR) Meiji Maru steams from Kagoshima to T'aipei to await more Raw Materials.

-New Paiwan Worker @ T'aipei boards (TR) Awa Maru which transports it to Kagoshima. It disembarks & begins mining the Hills northwest of Kagoshima. Mine will complete in 5 Turns.

-Scientists in Ryuku Islands are converted to 1 Taxman & the rest Engineers to build Factory in 6 Turns instead of 23. Some production is finally in sight for this city. Advanced Mining Techniques will still complete in 4 Turns.

-Decide to switch the Chemical Plant build to Tokyo. With it's Japanese Infantry prebuild, the Chemical Plant will complete in 2 Turns there rather than 5 in Kagoshima. The 50% Research increase & 2 Shileds per Turn from the Chemical Plant will really boost Tokyo. Downside is that we'll lose some Turns to build veteran units there.

-Kagoshima Switches to Saw Mill to be completed in 2 Turns with all Taxmen & some Scientists converted to Engineers.

-Tokyo switches from Japanese Infantry in 1 Turn to Chemical Plant in 2 Turns. Convert several Scientists to Taxmen because converting them to Engineers didn't speed the build at all. Advanced Mining Techniques will still complete in 4 Turns.

-Convert some Engineers to Taxmen in Osaka. Naval Base will still complete next Turn.

-Rush Saw Mill in Seoul for 768 gold. Convert all Engineers to Taxmen.

-Rush factory in Kuril Islands for 640 gold. Convert all Engineers to Taxmen.

-Osaka will complete Naval Base next Turn.

-Convert a few Engineers to taxmen in Hamhung. Judicial System will still complete in 2 Turns.

-The Worker build in T'aipei turned several Citizens into Entertainers. Convert all the Entertainers into Taxmen & just enough Engineers to build the Colonial Constabulary in 2 Turns instead of 3.

-Convert a few Engineers to Taxmen in Niigata. Will still build Saw Mill in 3 Turns.

-Starvation in Pusan continues to turn Citizens into Entertainers. Convert them & some Taxmen to Engineers to build Stock Exchange in 3 Turns instead of 13.

-Check all the cities again to make sure no riots are breaking out. Finland has protested rumors of Molotov cocktail use in Japan...

-Revenue is 1249 gold per Turn. There's 203 gold in the Imperial vault currently. We're acting like a bunch of "tax & spend" liberals.

Ca. 1890s.

Future Notes:

Seoul is on it's way to becoming a juggernaut. Hopefully, it will soon be able to 1. produce units to defend Korea & 2. build up troops to invade Manchuria. This would free up the home island cities to build for conquest in China or the Pacific islands. I think Hamhung & Pusan should be secondary to Seoul in development priority.

We need to be building BBs as soon as possible to keep up with Russia among many other reasons.

I think with 2 more veteran Japanese Infantry we'll be able to begin to tackle Spain's Pacific colonies. Guam looks like a ripe 1st target. The home islands can continue to build & ship units as we island hop.

Unless a replacement for Zeletdude has been found:

Prime Minister El Justo is at bat!

eazyhasaids is on deck!

Had to make the game file a .rar because the .sav was slightly bigger than the forum allows.

EDIT: I added screenies of the Wright Flyer Splash & the Foreign Advisor screen in my previous posts above. Thanks to everyone for the help on that.

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• AoI_Japanese_Game_Week_25_98.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
I'm just pinch hitting until a replacement is found for Zeletdude. It's nothing fancy, but I was determined to finish my turn before I went out to celebrate New Years.

Week 25, 1898:
-Osaka, the Kuril Islands, and Seoul starts building a Law Enforcement System.

-Construction of the Chemical Plant in Tokyo is halted by an act of sabotage!

Week 29, 1898:
-Akita finishes its work on the Sports Stadium and starts work on a Law Enforcement System.

-Kagoshima finishes its work on the Saw Mill and begins work on a Coastal Fortress.

-Hamhung completes its Judicial System and begins work on a Coastal Fortress.

-Taipei finishes building its Colonial Constabulary and begins building a Hospital.

Week 33, 1898:
-Soldiers were conscripted to protect the city of Pusan from attack.

-Sapporo finishes building its Saw Mill and begins building a Sewer Works.

-After the delay caused by the sabotage, Tokyo finally finishes the Chemical Plant and starts work on a Law Enforcement System.

-Kagoshima finishes construction on its Coastal Fortress and begins building a Stock Exchange.

-Niigata finishes construction of its Saw Mill and commissions the building of a Hospital.

Week 37, 1898:
-Spain demands 100 gold, and because we are outnumbered I comply with their demands (for now).

-Our scientists have completed researching Advanced Mining Techniques and begin research on Armored Cruisers II.

-Tokyo, Seoul, and Osaka complete there Law Enforcement Systems and begin construction of a Costal Fortresses.

-Hamhung completes its Coastal Fortress and begins work on a Stock Exchange.

Week 41, 1898:
-Sapporo finishes its Sewer Works and begins building a Manufacturing Plant.

-Akita completes its Law Enforcement System and beings building a Naval Base.

-Tokyo completes its Coastal Fortress and beings development of its Chemical Weapons Program.

-The President of Uruguay has attempted (and failed) to plant a spy in our capital.

Here's the file:
View attachment AoI_Japanese_Game_Week_45_98.zip

Now El Justo is up!

I'm just pinch hitting until a replacement is found for Zeletdude. It's nothing fancy, but I was determined to finish my turn before I went out to celebrate New Years.

Thanks!

Week 25, 1898:
-Construction of the Chemical Plant in Tokyo is halted by an act of sabotage!

Wow! I've never seen the AI do that successfully to a Wonder build before. Must be a Sid level thing.

El Justo, it looks like Tank only played 4 Turns so you should play 6 (through Turn 55) to get us back on track. His Week 25 was actually the IBT of Turn 45 & he played to Turn 49.

Another cool pic while I'm at it:

Man-powered railway in rural Japan ca. 1905. These ran all over Japan from the 1890s to the 1920s when most closed down. A few supposedly operated through WWII.

EDIT:
Kibitzer: Wow, some great screen shots guys.

Thanks!

Maimonides said:
Wow! I've never seen the AI do that successfully to a Wonder build before. Must be a Sid level thing.
Nope - I'd been hit many times in my A-H game, and that's only Regent. Very irritating, although none were able to prevent me from getting the Wonders. The Sid-level thing might be how early it is, though - I don't recall being hit before 1902-ish.

Top Bottom