Modified Scenarios Workshop

The British uniforms in particular are much more accurate. From what I have seen the British and Commonwealth units in Korea wore a mixture of uniforms but preferred the US issue kit when available as I believe it could get a bit nippy there in the winter! 41 Commando went a step further and used US Infantry weapons as well.

Thanks very much!
McMonkey: The problem is that the photos are black and white. I followed the Osprey tones, but the green tone appears very bluish. I followed that tone for the british troops and to a certain extent for the ONU troops. For the Americans I preferred to keep a more greenish tone, as it appears in other games. For Chinese troops I preferred to keep the tone of the posters and that was used by Fairline. For the winter I followed the color of Osprey.

Oh, you tease!

Hello friends of SL, after a time of playing and a new formatting of my old computer, I bring two improvements of scenarios.

I am especially happy with Yugoslav, because I have developed McMonkey's idea of stars to indicate special units, but looking to include them in the upper part, which I think is better. I set the example I follow on the scenario of VietWar; but in Yugoslav I have included badges for special forces too.

I am playing this scenario and I find it really exciting and graphically spectacular with the Fairline and Tanelorn units.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Saludos

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/yougoslavie-suicide-of-a-european-nation-for-tot.25387/

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/cold-war-flashpoint-for-test-of-time.25197/

Last edited:
Tanelorn, do you know which ships had the Vietnamese navy for 1968?
Outside the river raider speedboats that the VC had that clashed with the US Swift Boats, I've never heard or run across mention of military ships or boats of any kind used by either Vietnam at the time. But I could be wrong. They do have a very long collective coast, after all...

Thanks Patine
I also think the same. With what I am going to remove (except the patrol boat) all the Vietnamese boats of the scenario.
If Tanelorn does not say otherwise :lol:

You are fogetting the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident, when three Shantou class (Swatow in US nomenclature) attacked the USS Maddox Summer class destroyer. The Shantou is a 1955 Chinese variant of the Soviet P6 Bolshevik I have already in the works. It was slow, at only 22 knots, half the speed of the P6 (44 knots). It is the pedecessor of the Shanghai boat I have aleady made in the other thead. Also the sea battle of Dong Hoi, where a styx missle was fired, allegedly. They received 28 such torpedo boats from China and another 30 Soviet patol boats (Turya class?) during the conflict.

Thanks Tanelorn, I will use your boats :thumbsup:
But I for the tonkin incident I prefer to use the quotation marks :p

:eek: In torpedo boats I used Komar-Type 024. But it is a class missile boat :mischief:.

Then I will include missile boat (Komar), torpedo boat (Type 025) and patrol boat (Turya)

Turya is too recent. Even its predecessor (Shershen class) did not arrive until 1973 to Vietnam :confused:.

I will do both correctly, don't worry G... I have the 3d models, I just don't have enough time right now...

I think everyone very much appreciates your sterling work with ToT conversions and unit packs Gapetit. Its always a highlight of my infrequent visits here to see the latest stuff you've done. As one semi-retiree to another: thanks!

With great Harry Tuttle’s Gold Gulch scenario conversion I end my contributions to Civ-2. I think I've already fixed all scenarios converted to ToT. I hope you enjoy them.
A greeting

PD: In the next few days I will remove all unfinished scenarios, units or conversion projects. To finish I include the units for the Dainichi Sekai Taisen (Second World War) scenario by Kobayashi.

:hatsoff:

Units_DST.png

Speaking of something else, does anyone have the Balkan scenario of the yugoslavia war? I have a version for which I create new units, but it does not indicate any more information and I do not know the author's name ... Does anyone know anything else?

Did I get this right? You are not quiting now, are you?
People don't turn out scenarios a dime a dozen these days, you know.
Without your amazing effort to bring these old marvels back to life methinks this old hull will go belly up!
We need you, you have work to do.

Jim Panse's "Gotterdammerung", John Petroski's "Up the deadly boot" and Case's "The Cruel sea" for example

Last edited:
Top Bottom