Brave New World - The Next Two Civs

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

With the latest round of information releases we have been able to gain a good insight into two more of the Civilizations that will be available in the Brave New World Expansion.

and without further ado

Portugal

Spoiler :

Portugal is led by the first non-bearded leader of the expansion, Maria I who happens to be the Great-Grandmother of Brazil's Perdro II and a decedent of Isabella I of Spain. Portugal is a Civilization that will do well ruling the sea trade lanes of Brave New World. In Brave New World you get bonus gold if cities connected with an International Trade Route each have different resources, Portugal gets double that bonus with their Unique Ability 'Mare Clausum'. Their sea trade prowess is also enhanced by their unique Unite the 'Nau', not only is the Nau a more advanced Caravel, it also has a once off ability to sell exotic goods at a foreign port for some serious gold and XP. Finally, Portugal gets the ability to build a 'Feitoria', not in their own territory, but within the boarders of a City State, this allows them to have a copy of any Luxury resource that City State produces.

Zulu

Spoiler :

You asked for him and you asked for him and you asked for him, well Shaka is back, just don't come crying to us when he nukes you back to the stone age. It should come to no surprise that the Zulus are heavily combat focused, in fact the Zulu unique ability gives them gives them a reduced maintenance coast for melee units and 25% bonus to XP gained through battle. As well as being able to field cheaper armies, Shaka also gets to build the Ikanda, a replacement for the barracks, which gives units free perks against gunpowder units and possible other bonuses. All of these combined makes their unique unit the 'Impi' a Ranged/Melee hybrid replacement of the Pikemen all the more terrifying for those who have the misfortune to be living next door.

Box Art

Spoiler :

Finally over on Facebook 2kGames has released the box art for Brave New World, no word yet on whether the placement of the logos (ERSB=Autocracy, Firaxis=Freedom & 2kGames= Order) was intentional or just an amusing happenstance. For more info visit the Brave New World Forum.

omg teh Zulu :goodjob:

The box cover art looks cool but I'll be downloading it through Steam lol

"All of these combined makes their unique unit the 'Impi' a Ranged/Melee hybrid replacement of the Pikemen all the more terrifying for those who have the unfortunate to be living next door. "

Shouldn't that be "misfortune"?

Pre-ordered it yesterday. "Only" 69 days left... :king:

"All of these combined makes their unique unit the 'Impi' a Ranged/Melee hybrid replacement of the Pikemen all the more terrifying for those who have the unfortunate to be living next door. "

Shouldn't that be "misfortune"?

Whoops, fixed it

I appreciate the news and I don't want to seem ungrateful, but this needs some serious proofreading.

I see King Tigers for Autocracy!

I always thought Shaka looked kinda funny in Civ3 and especially Civ4. Finally they've done him some justice and made him look truly awesome

Top Bottom