My Next Project - An Initial Consultation

A question for a trick I had in mind for the Rise of Rome as to whether it would work or not. Is there a way to grant the East and West Roman Empires the Communism slot tech without triggering a free option to swap government (I recall this being an issue, even if governments wee locked, but it may have been fixed) solely for the purpose of reducing the ability of Churches (the Cathedral improvement) when Julian the Apostate comes to power? And, will removing that tech with an event upon his death (or potentially, overthrow) remove the inhibitor on the Churches, or will they get fixed as an effect into the .sav file?

That would be a good idea, except that it then would only affect one Roman player, whereas Julian's policies affected both the East and West Roman Empires directly during his brief reign (he was nominally a unified Emperor, and, even though he didn't fully get the political or cultural divide overcome, his return to the Jovian Pantheon was a priority to enforce on everyone).

Top Bottom