Caveman 2 Cosmos

How does "scientific" trait works? Right now I have 5 Deceres, 1 of them can be upgraded to Galleas, 4 of them cannot and I can't see why. Earlier, I've been able to upgrade some of my hunters outside my borders, but part of them were unable to upgrade.

How does "scientific" trait works? Right now I have 5 Deceres, 1 of them can be upgraded to Galleas, 4 of them cannot and I can't see why. Earlier, I've been able to upgrade some of my hunters outside my borders, but part of them were unable to upgrade.

I believe you still need to have the naval units be in a position where it's at least trade route capable connected to one of your cities. Not sure about the specifics of why your hunters might not have been able to.

It has to do with the required buildings.
Regardless of "able to upgrade outside of borders" the game still checks for a vaild upgrade and Hunters are only buildable in a city with Master Hunter so the Hunters need to be in said city vicinity.
The same goes for most naval units, they need the Shipwright, or the Canoe Builder's Hut.

Possibly the "outside borders upgrade" should check for if the civ can AT ALL upgrade the units with building requirements and allow those anyway on those traits despite not being in vicinity of a city with the right requirements.

Cheers

It has to do with the required buildings.
Regardless of "able to upgrade outside of borders" the game still checks for a vaild upgrade and Hunters are only buildable in a city with Master Hunter so the Hunters need to be in said city vicinity.
The same goes for most naval units, they need the Shipwright, or the Canoe Builder's Hut.

Possibly the "outside borders upgrade" should check for if the civ can AT ALL upgrade the units with building requirements and allow those anyway on those traits despite not being in vicinity of a city with the right requirements.

Cheers

That's right... I'd forgotten about that. I think you may be right (for now) about your suggestion. But I've long wanted to make multiple stages of unlocking the ultimate ability to 'upgrade anywhere' and this makes for a good stage in that. So that should be notes left in the code at least.

Hello guys!

I'd like to interest in that currently, I've specification of my computer following: Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | i7 2600 | Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB 1600Mhz | Asus GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 2*1TB HD103SJ HDD |Corsair TX650 PS..of course running Windows 7 x64

I've already read some of the posts in the beginning of this topic about removing all MAFs problems. Can I play with this mod on huge or bigger maps without any MAFs?

Thx all...

Huge maps are playable but with less then 20 civilizations (optimal ~10). More civs = slower game = less fun :)

And yours computer is more then ok for C2C :)

When official release is planned?

Indefinite at the moment... DH has a large animal project. I've got some AI's to develop (and some issues there to resolve that I'm researching now) and a number of debugging tasks.

With the animals. I need to do the following
  • add in all the animals that Hydro has provided
  • balance the animals so that smaller animals are not returning more :food: or :hammers: that bigger animals.
  • fix the myths and stories for all animals so they are consistent
  • make some game options
    • Ecological or Basic set of animals
    • (perhaps) Paleolithic Animals
    • {perhaps) Megafauna and what if animal Units (Mammoth Riders, Zebra instead of Horse etc.)
  • adjust the map post-script before the game starts so that the animal resources are in the correct position if the Ecological Animals option is selected.

It is probably OK to have these changes be not complete for the next release but having it on going.

On top of that I want to get the following done soonish
  • get the Indigenous Peoples from WLBO back in - I need some help with events for this
  • Burial Practice as a civic(?). I don't like the current gloss over where you can have Sky burials or all other types of burial.

Don't worry... this AI stuff is probably going to take longer than I'd even suspected - terrifying complexity but at least with patience I'm finally able to follow it all so far.

Hi!
I started a game ages ago (probably August) and was wondering if the current SVN is stable and balanced enough to update. I don't have AI in this game, it's basically a me vs me vs me game just to check how different strategies work and to have a really clever "enemy" for industrial+ wars.

get the Indigenous Peoples from WLBO back in - I need some help with events for this

Oh, just in time :crazyeye:
What kind of help do you need? I was working with events before I took a break, but I should be able to get back into it quite fast (besides python).
Do you need several similar events which you'd need a template for, general help with events or is it advanced stuff including complex python which I have no idea of :mischief:?

Oh, just in time :crazyeye:
What kind of help do you need? I was working with events before I took a break, but I should be able to get back into it quite fast (besides python).
Do you need several similar events which you'd need a template for, general help with events or is it advanced stuff including complex python which I have no idea of :mischief:?

I need to create a new nation level property and then the existing events need to be converted from the existing script data value to that property instead. Then I need to add in some things that can be done to affect the property.

I need to create a new nation level property and then the existing events need to be converted from the existing script data value to that property instead. Then I need to add in some things that can be done to affect the property.

The unfortunate thing about Nation Level properties is that we don't seem to have much in the way of UI to see those levels anywhere in the game so far as I'm aware. :(

The unfortunate thing about Nation Level properties is that we don't seem to have much in the way of UI to see those levels anywhere in the game so far as I'm aware. :(

This one is shown at the bottom of the Score Board, or just below it. The nation is Indigenous Peoples with a smilie showing the attitude/ property. What you do with them including destroying the improvement of one of them affects your relationship with all of them. Diplomats have missions some improve the relationship, some may go either way.

This one is shown at the bottom of the Score Board, or just below it. The nation is Indigenous Peoples with a smilie showing the attitude/ property. What you do with them including destroying the improvement of one of them affects your relationship with all of them. Diplomats have missions some improve the relationship, some may go either way.
So it's not using AIAndy's property mechanism then? If it IS and that's where national property levels are shown then that's rather cool.

It is using the property mechanism. The property is a single value for each nation representing the value of that nation's relationship to the IP as a pseudo nation. In WLBO there are special screens for doing diplomacy with them but we have the Diplomat unit for that so it makes sense that the IP look like another nation. I can't remember if you can do diplomacy with them or if they have to initiate it.

That's cool... I just didn't realize that AIAndy had given a display location for a national level property value - I have a need for that myself ;)

Also... what do you think of having an Entertainment city level property?

Top Bottom