Assyria discussion

Indeed, that was the name. Would be cool if a Civ had a National Wonder UB.

Indeedy. There are already library UBs, I can't see no reason to not include a NC-related one.

I'm looking forward to Ashurbanipal, as an opponent. Hopefully he'll put up as much of a fight as Nappy (military) and Hiawatha (fast teching).

I seem to remember the criteria for religions is that if their historic religion isn't present, then they choose the majority religion in their geographic region now - so Assyria will likely be Islamic

Well that would not make any sense, because Assyrians are Christians.

Indeedy. There are already library UBs, I can't see no reason to not include a NC-related one.

I'm looking forward to Ashurbanipal, as an opponent. Hopefully he'll put up as much of a fight as Nappy (military) and Hiawatha (fast teching).

Such a NW could indeed have some great works spots, and perhaps some other bonuses. Would 50% more culture as well as science for the city it's built in be too powerfull? Perhaps 20%?

Well that would not make any sense, because Assyrians are Christians.

So were the Egyptians prior to Arab conquest and nonetheless Egypt is Muslim in Civ5.:rolleyes:
Firaxis gives civs religions depending on what's currently the main religion in the civs region, only exception being Persia, Mongolia and the Huns.
Actually...Persia is Zoroastrian in Civ5 rather then Muslim, so it's possible Assyria will also be a Christian civ.:dunno:

So were the Egyptians prior to Arab conquest and nonetheless Egypt is Muslim in Civ5.:rolleyes:
Firaxis gives civs religions depending on what's currently the main religion in the civs region, only exception being Persia, Mongolia and the Huns.
Actually...Persia is Zoroastrian in Civ5 rather then Muslim, so it's possible Assyria will also be a Christian civ.:dunno:

The Cult of Amon would be a cool egyptian religion indeed. ;)

Yes, but Assyrians have never been Muslim so its a different thing. Assyrians were one of the first people to convert to Christianity and have been ever since. Even the horrible persecution by Muslims has not made them to change their religion.

I personally would like to see more religions. For example wotanism could be a cool addition. That could be the first religion for Danes, Swedes and Germans.

I would like them to discard the favourite religion alltogether or make it an option or at least lose it for the civs whose religion isn't present. Say, which civ is ever going to chose Sikhism the way they have set it up right now?

I'd just like civs who can't take their preferred religion to take one at random, not work strictly left-to-right.

Warmongering + cultural artifacts hoarding = very well represented, interesting to play Assiria

They were one of the most military hardcore civs of the fertile crescent, having the belief that the world would come to an end if they ever lost one single battle. Assirians ruled over their annexed popullations with an iron fist, but had a massive respect for the Babylonian / Summerian culture. Seems like a quite a very interesting combination to me (war minded civ + cultural civ).

A translated Firaxis press release, from some Taiwanese websites:

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/5/78135.html

Siege Tower replaces Catapult.
Royal Library replaces Library.

Assyria trait: Treasures of Ninevah (sic)
Steal an enemy technology when taking a city. Can be used only once per city.

Sounds very interesting. Assyria should be a good civ for higher difficulty levels.

Oh wow. That UA. :eek:

Pretty badass, keep focussing on war techs and steal the rest from your neighbours!

Also firaxis are really sharing the love with all these other websites, maybe a hint as to the next civ?!?

Because of their UA Im pretty sure Assyrian Royal library does not give scientific bonus, but something else, probably culture boost of some kind.

Woa, that UA should even the odds against runaway civs! O_o

About the library, I think that it will probably be a regular library but with extra slots for great works. A good boost for culture rather than tech (would be OP in combination with its UA).

Top Bottom