How to raid enemy trade routes?

Chilly5

Chieftain
I'm at war with England and I see one of her cargo ships heading towards Ethiopia.

I have 2 privateers, a caravel, and a frigate surrounding the cargo ship but the game won't give me any options to attack the cargo ship.
How do I raid her trade route?

Park your ships right on the route. Once the cargo ship makes contact with your ship providing a war state, you've raided the cargo ship.

I'm at war with England and I see one of her cargo ships heading towards Ethiopia.

I have 2 privateers, a caravel, and a frigate surrounding the cargo ship but the game won't give me any options to attack the cargo ship.
How do I raid her trade route?

Move a ship into the SAME tile as it, then there should be a "plunder trade route button" on your unit's menu.

Edit: Or that ^ works too.

Move a ship into the SAME tile as it, then there should be a "plunder trade route button" on your unit's menu.

Edit: Or that ^ works too.

Does it only work if I'm on the same tile, or can I simply be in the route?

(btw- I parked it on top of it and got the big pillages, thank you! :D)

Does it only work if I'm on the same tile, or can I simply be in the route?

(btw- I parked it on top of it and got the big pillages, thank you! :D)

Nope, you have to be on the unit. Frankly, it's better design that way anyways, as it'd be far too easy to lose trade routes if all you needed was one barbarian ship across your 45-tile trade route.

Of course, as another poster said, you can also just park on the route and wait for the unit to "hit" your ship.

Yeah, if your warship is there when the enemy cargo ship arrives, you get the plunder and they get what's coming to them.

Top Bottom