City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Even Barathor's More Luxuries, despite both it and CSD being recommended mods in the CP?

As it is now the extra luxuries from ANY other mod are not included. However, I was reading up on some techniques to check the database for newly added entries and have them also added to modded tables. (Again Whoward providing some excellent knowledge to the community.) If I am understanding it correctly, we can modify the code to check for new stuff and have it added. I'll keep reading up and verify that I am on the right track.

Any volunteers for a Strategic Icon for the Embassy? :)
I'm now trying to emulate the Firaxis style by rendering objects in Blender - only way to get the 3D effect and lighting working properly. Here's my WIP for the embassy icon (based on the CSD "icon" in the opening post), what are your thoughts?
Spoiler Embassy Icon WIP :

I'm now trying to emulate the Firaxis style by rendering objects in Blender - only way to get the 3D effect and lighting working properly. Here's my WIP for the embassy icon (based on the CSD "icon" in the opening post), what are your thoughts?
Spoiler Embassy Icon WIP :

Sweet. Some other guys have done this but no one has a tutorial for it. I'd love to have that. I can do 3D art but 2D - not so much.

I like it! The pillars are little bit rounded (i.e. they look somewhat 'chubby,' if that makes sense), but the scale of the SV icons won't be large enough to show that.

Also, I've noticed in CSD v24 that on the new Embassy model's ground decal, the 'back left' corner is dark- this is probably because of how the decal interacts with shadows in game and/or overlap with ground textures. It isn't a big deal, though I thought I should point it out. Also, hey, if you are feeling creative, perhaps some flora and/or a flagpole for the embassy? I love the new model, but it is a bit bare compared to its improvement brethren. Bonus points if the embassy's flag is color-coded to its civ-owner (I'm 99% sure that's impossible, but hey, why not ask?). :)

You guys have produced such great art for the mod! I can't stress that enough. Feel free to say 'No, Gazebo, be happy with what you have!'

Thanks again,
G

Edit - here's what I'm referring to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0w2e525bhn7256/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2016.14.35.png

Sweet. Some other guys have done this but no one has a tutorial for it. I'd love to have that. I can do 3D art but 2D - not so much.
Once I worked out the kinks and get it to look the way I want, I'll make sure to upload my blender file, meaning people should be able to put in any 3D object they find and get (with a bit of fiddling) a similar result. :)
I like it! The pillars are little bit rounded (i.e. they look somewhat 'chubby,' if that makes sense), but the scale of the SV icons won't be large enough to show that.
That's why it's a WIP! ;) Straight pillars look a bit... well, flat. The chubby pillars are an experiment, I might go for the classic fluted pillar look. Will require some experimenting.

Once I worked out the kinks and get it to look the way I want, I'll make sure to upload my blender file, meaning people should be able to put in any 3D object they find and get (with a bit of fiddling) a similar result. :)

That's why it's a WIP! ;) Straight pillars look a bit... well, flat. The chubby pillars are an experiment, I might go for the classic fluted pillar look. Will require some experimenting.

They look fine - I think it may be the shadows playing tricks, honestly.
G

They look fine - I think it may be the shadows playing tricks, honestly.
G
I went with the fluted pillar in the end, looks more... refined somehow:

I'm pretty happy with the end result now unless you have suggestions how to change/modify it? :)

I went with the fluted pillar in the end, looks more... refined somehow:

I'm pretty happy with the end result now unless you have suggestions how to change/modify it? :)

I approve! Looks fantastic.

Any thoughts on how to add flora to the 3D embassy? I might try to dive in and plant a few trees and/or flags if there aren't any takers.

G

I approve! Looks fantastic.
By the way, here's the icon without the frame, if I remember correctly, the unit action button needs a frameless version (in case you want a matching icon for that):
Spoiler Embassy Icon (no frame) :

Any thoughts on how to add flora to the 3D embassy? I might try to dive in and plant a few trees and/or flags if there aren't any takers.
The "easiest" option would be editing the embassy model itself, I think. I still need to work through the Civ5 model import some time, so I'm happy to add it to my (growing) queue of things to do unless Ekmek or somebody else wants to call dibs.

I'm playing a game with this mod and I like it very much. Great work :)

However, I stumbled upon a small bug, of which I don't know if it's already mentioned earlier or dealt with (couldn't find something about it on the first page or the last two), so I'd like to put it here:

I was able to build the International Finance Center in one of my cities, while most of my cities don't have a stock exchange yet. I first wondered why I could build one in city A and not in city B, but when I read the information box again and saw that I didn't have a Stock Exchange in city B yet, it became clear. I also saw that the building only took 2 turns, rather than the 10+ I'd have with every other national wonder (I've got loads of cities).

I haven't looked into the code - I'd have to look into instructions of looking into code first :p - but from the result in the game, I'm thinking that the requirements are not being read by the game.

I've downloaded the mod about a week ago, so I don't know if there's a new version.

Other than that, everything works perfectly. Thanks for this addition to the game.

Top Bottom