Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye said:
With the next patch you will be able to keep playing.
Thanks, Rhye.
I don't mean to whine and demand like some other members of this forum have done. This modpack is a tremendous accomplishment -- I can't imagine going back to plain vanilla Conquests again!

i downloaded the entire mod (plus expansion) and every time i try to play it it gives me this message LOAD ERROR missing entry in txt.pediaicons ICON_BLDG_Statue_of_Liberty can someone please help me out

Sorry for posting this agian, but I received no reply the first time.

Have another issue. Playing the Expansion Pack, Random map. At turn 3000 BC or so, I get an error message saying: File Not Found Art\Units\Slinger\../Archer/ArchVicYell.wav Game will now exit

I searched my entire Civ folder and found NO file named that anywhere......any ideas?

Thanks,
J

I could allow a discount for producing settlers.

Without altering starting settlers, I could reduce med. settlers from 190 to 160 shields, and modern from 300 to 240.
That would require some tedious work of differentiation, but can be done. I'll do it if you agree.

bucfan76 said:
Sorry for posting this agian, but I received no reply the first time.

Have another issue. Playing the Expansion Pack, Random map. At turn 3000 BC or so, I get an error message saying: File Not Found Art\Units\Slinger\../Archer/ArchVicYell.wav Game will now exit

I searched my entire Civ folder and found NO file named that anywhere......any ideas?

Thanks,
J

That's an error in the .ini file made by the unit creator.
With the next patch the ini will be fixed and you'll be able to continue your game.

Rhye,

On the settler issue, I have mixed feelings on that. While I do think it should be quicker later in the game (IE: Modern Era and such) I wonder how it will effect the load times that this mod is so great for? Your thoughts?

J

Rhye wrote:
With the next patch the ini will be fixed and you'll be able to continue your game.

Do you mean the 2.66 patch? If not, what patch and will this effect every game I play?

Thanks,
J

Rhye said:
I could allow a discount for producing settlers.

Without altering starting settlers, I could reduce med. settlers from 190 to 160 shields, and modern from 300 to 240.
That would require some tedious work of differentiation, but can be done. I'll do it if you agree.

It does seem to be the most logical choice for the expansionist trait. I cannot think of anything else anyways.

Three_Crowns said:
It does seem to be the most logical choice for the expansionist trait. I cannot think of anything else anyways.

To me, the expansionist bonus should happen at the beginning of the game. Those decreased later settler costs may not help that much.

How about more scouts to begin with?
How about scouts with increased movement?
How about scouts that do not count toward the supported units total (sorry if this is already implemented)?
How about a free unit at the beginning that builds only roads, but builds them quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX EMPEROR
i downloaded the entire mod (plus expansion) and every time i try to play it it gives me this message LOAD ERROR missing entry in txt.pediaicons ICON_BLDG_Statue_of_Liberty can someone please help me out

Did you update Conquests to 1.22?

yeah its at 1.22 i looks in the pediaicon text and its there but it keeps giving me that message is there anything i can do to fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX EMPEROR

Did you update Conquests to 1.22?

yeah its at 1.22 i looks in the pediaicon text and its there but it keeps giving me that message is there anything i can do to fix this

Tank_Guy#3 said:
is anyone still actually looking at this thread?
Are you kidding? :rolleyes:

There are almost three pages worth of posts today alone. And most people are still at work!!!

Rhye said:
-> I just fixed the Urban Militia/Partisan/Guerilla thing. They were overproduced by the AI after the changes of 1.02, but an incremented cost switched back

Hopefully not too expensive. I tend to build them in small conquered colonies because they are the cheapest.

@dafiden: I would not mind a cheaper-settler-advantage when it is time to colonize, but getting the scout with two movements back again would not be so bad either - why was that taken away? Although, alone it would not be a big bonus.

True, faster scouts wouldn't be huge, but the way I make a beeline for the goodies in my games, it would be significant.

With what tech would settlers become cheaper? The only thing I'm concerned about is that if it's late, you can probably just "buy" them. Also, it seems like many civs in RoC have this trait, so any change would be a major factor.

BX EMPEROR said:

Did not someone else have this problem some pages ago? Could not remember the solution. It is not the RoC_v265-folder problem again?
By the way, Rhye, if you need more download-mirrors, I can get access to a 10 Mbits/s with sufficient harddisk space.

bucfan76 said:
Rhye wrote:

Do you mean the 2.66 patch? If not, what patch and will this effect every game I play?

Thanks,
J

You're playing with the expansion, right?
Then I'm talking about the next patch for the expansion (1.02)

dafiden said:
To me, the expansionist bonus should happen at the beginning of the game. Those decreased later settler costs may not help that much.

How about more scouts to begin with?
How about scouts with increased movement?
How about scouts that do not count toward the supported units total (sorry if this is already implemented)?
How about a free unit at the beginning that builds only roads, but builds them quickly?

Unlike other traits, expansionist civs lose their advantage after the beginning. Instead, in this way they would have some more advantage.
This advantage isn't too strong and doesn't affect loading times, because pop cost is unaltered

dafiden said:
True, faster scouts wouldn't be huge, but the way I make a beeline for the goodies in my games, it would be significant.

With what tech would settlers become cheaper? The only thing I'm concerned about is that if it's late, you can probably just "buy" them. Also, it seems like many civs in RoC have this trait, so any change would be a major factor.

Nah, simply when the settlers upgrade, upgrade to a different (cheaper) one.

I must decline the scout thing, because the 1-movement thing is made on purpose. The world must remain unknown for the ancient era; I strictly want to avoid portugal-to-china early contacts. Barbarians are a barrier, and slow scouts can't escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom