Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner said:
I have some other random upgrading stuff to report.

I dont remember if this has already been said, but bombers dont upgrade to heavy bombers. Also carriers dont upgrade.

Also, Ironclads (European version) dont upgrade to Dreadnoughts, yet they do upgrade to Battleships. I looked in the editor, and it appears that this is either intentional or an accident, as it says that they upgrade to Battleships. I would change that so there arent as many antiquated ships running around.

This is all version 1.0

That was fixed in 1.1

Blasphemous said:
1. Annihilating any bugs that surface after the final patch, and tweaking the mod's balance if any major imbalance appears.
2. Completing the help and guides on the website.
3. Making the mod easily installable (which seems to be close to completion now with MM's help. :goodjob: )
4. Creating scenarios and alternate version of the mod, and continuing development beyond what exists in RoX.

I'll have an active role in points 1,2,3.

-If anything big comes out after the next patch, I'll make a fix.
-The guides should be sent to me, and I'll update the site.
-I'll dedicate to this after the next patch.

That leaves point 4. I will not play an active role.

Okay then, I'd be more than glad to actively pursue point four. :D

Like a fiction strategic map ?

I was just curious if anyone knew what the changes to Galleys, Gallivat, Turtle ship?

I would like to update my spreadsheet to accurately reflect the changes

Just won my first Cultural victory pretty easily on Monarch as England, thanks to the 10000 point limit (thanks, Rhye!)

Wondering: Should we be able to win a cultural victory (that gets the smooches in the victory splash screen that the other leaders all "love" us), if those leaders are "Annoyed" or "Furious" with us? I had ticked off almost everybody in my drive to culture points, but then suddenly they love me??!! I think I should have to work harder to keep at least 50% approval from the AI nations in order to keep my victory?

What do others think?

Rhye said:
homersheineken you can find in some older pages the changes that are going to happen in the next patch, quoted by me.

Are you talking about this information? Is this all of it?

Galleass movement reduced to 8/8/8 (previously 9/9/9)
Upgrades to SoL instead of Frigate

SoL: 5/5 Movement: 8/22/22
bombard 8/1/2.
(Possibly 1 transport. Only if Samart says that they were used for transport, too)
Upgrades to cruiser.

Frigate: A/D: 4/3 Mov: 11/11/11 (like the old Privateer) + Enslave
bombard: 6/1/2
Nothing upgrades to Frigate now.

Gallivat: same as the Frigate, but with a lower defense, cheaper and faster.

Ironclad A/D increased to 6/8 (previously 5/6). It's still the beginning of the new line (to dreadnought and battleship)

Privateer 3/2 instead of 4/2. + Enslave
Movement: 10/10/10
bombard: 4/1/2

Galleon A/D 2/3 instead of 2/4
defensive bombard: 6/0/0

No changes to the old MoW settings xcept bombard: 6/1/2.

Blasphemous said:
If you guys want me to head the team, fine. I'd be honored to. But I must warn you that I lose motivation over a while if not stimulated by others, so do not ever expect me to keep on taking initiative and doing stuff without constant discussion.
I think our team's priorities for the mod should be as such:
1. Annihilating any bugs that surface after the final patch, and tweaking the mod's balance if any major imbalance appears.
2. Completing the help and guides on the website.
3. Making the mod easily installable (which seems to be close to completion now with MM's help. :goodjob: )
4. Creating scenarios and alternate version of the mod, and continuing development beyond what exists in RoX.
Number four is the one I look forwards to the most, yet the other three are more important.
Anyway, enough talk of the future for now. We will arrange a team structure and working arrangements once the last patch is out.
If you're not sure you can do consistent work on the project, maybe we could trade off who does each patch. For example, you do the first update, then Aeon does one, then I do one, or something like that.

Rhye said:
10000 seems a bit too few. I think I'll raise it to 11000 or 12000

i concur. i started a new game as the arabs yesterday and i'm looking towards getting a one-city cultural victory before turn 300. however, it's regent-level...

i have to say, also, that the balance on the arabs feels good. production not as high as, say, germany (mecca 18 spt at size 10, berlin 25 spt at size 10), but a bit more room to develop.

however, this further highlights the egypt shortcomings. thebes only gets 10 spt at size 10, and the three most common first-city sites for egypt all offer less spt than that!

if i were to tweak this, i'd suggest something like 1 food or 1 shield for all desert tiles that only opens up with egyptian polytheism, that is, link the bonus to a tech only egypt gets, that way only egypt benefits, not someone who takes over their territory (should that happen).

EW

ps - is there a strat guide of arabia? i'd consider taking that one on, if no one else has it!

Enkidu_Warrior said:
if i were to tweak this, i'd suggest something like 1 food or 1 shield for all desert tiles that only opens up with egyptian polytheism, that is, link the bonus to a tech only egypt gets, that way only egypt benefits, not someone who takes over their territory (should that happen).

Good idea! Egypt has always been underpowered in my games. In fact, every country in Africa has been underpowered, even if they are contacted early by European nations.

INCANS

Space Race Victory in 2037 :king:

It was a triumphant finish, filled with some excitement, as I really had to take thing in my own hands if I wanted to be sure to get the Ship up in time… The world kept involved in the Big War :( , research was not their priority, I guess.

England attacked me out of the blue :sad: sometime in the end of 20th century, and I had to spend money to buy alliances to keep those pesty little arrogants off of me… Yet, there were times when I had 4-5 nations against me. Oh, sometiems they gave my troops some gymnastics along our coasts… ;)

One interesting intermezzo was Mecca: this Arabian city suddenly reached a Cultural Victory in 2019! Oups… :sad: I reloaded (ashamed), but had only auto-save, so I had to solve things in 5 turns! Transported troops of tanks and mech. inf. with arties got it made, just in time. There was even a sea-blockade I had to break through at the straits of the Red Sea!
Mecca destroyed, no other city could get near 10 000, so I was safe to have it my own way...

It was a great, great game, to me it really proved the beauty of this mod!
:goodjob:

P.s.: SUGGESTION:

I would suggest not to raise the threshold of Cultural Victory, this 10 thousand CP-barrier is fine – the AI now CAN win this way…
BUT
In this game, Japan had the most culture as a country, a little more than 30 thousand… Well, shouldn’t be this level (now 40 thousand) be lowered to 30?
Arguments: do not take into account how easily the human player reach it – if does, the human wins anyway… But if lowered to 30 (say), then it may be another interesting feature to play AGAINST: then even a peaceful human builder (like me with the Incans) must pay attention to this AI-victory and do some preventing war – things that cause some stirring in a calm and uneventful game…

Opinions?

Well, it would make sence if the points for an OCC should be higher in RoCX than in RoC, considering the higher number of GWs.

Enkidu_Warrior said:
ps - is there a strat guide of arabia? i'd consider taking that one on, if no one else has it!

There was - but it is completely out of date now, as balancement has changed (it was rated 2.5 of of 5), the 1st UU has changed, and wonders are an important new factor.
You can take any part of it - the result will be EK + Horton as authors. Try to keep the guide of the same length.

If you've ever heard the expression "haggle like an arab trader" you'll understand what it takes to compete as Arabia in Rhye's.

The Arabs begin with an interesting dilemma, they have no fresh water within range of their core but there is an overabundance of natural resources and luxuries within easy reach. As Abu Bakr, you must figure out how to harness all of these resources while overcoming slow population growth and meager production.

The Arabs have a weak trait combo in Religious and Expansionist. Cheap temples and fast revolutions are helpful but overall religious pales in comparison to most other traits. Expansionist is ok in the early going and you'll have a great chance at picking up a free city or settler from the huts near your start but after the mid ancient age Expansionist runs out of steam. The good news is that you have an excellent UU in the Ansar warrior, a 4/2/3 knight that will absolutely rule the Mesopotamian if you plan ahead.

Your first goal as Caliph is to begin securing the abundant supplies of incense and horses that dot the Arabian peninsula. The Egyptians, Persians, and Ottomans can be excellent trading partners if you invest some time into contacting them. The nearby Sumerians and Babylonians should be viewed as early victims and with their large, flood plain fueled cities within striking range, they are an excellent source of slaves and territory.

You're going to start out rather isolated and it may be hard to contact the Euro civs so be prepared to fall behind in tech. Don't worry because later in the game you will have so many surplus luxuries and resources that you'll be able to trade your way back into contention. Arabia is well situated to be a major broker of incense, horses, saltpeter, dyes, camels, and elephants. Trade wisely and you'll have half the world begging to be your friend.

Militarily your only regional rivals are the Persians and Ottomans. Deal with Xerxes first as Persepolis is an excellent manufacturing base and also the gateway to India and plentiful rubber. Be sure to carve out enough of Egypt to secure a city on the Suez for quick naval access to the Mediterranean and stockpile your horseman for the day you can unleash a mass ansar strike on the ottomans. Before long you should find yourself in control of all the Mid East and Asia Minor and in position to take on the Euro civs.

The Arabs also make a decent peaceful builder civ because you won't face the threat of strong neighbors eyeing your territory and you have the potential of founding 3-5 good infrastructure cities around your core. Whatever your playstyle, your will find the Arabs to be a challenging and rewarding civ to play.

Three_Crowns said:
Well, it would make sence if the points for an OCC should be higher in RoCX than in RoC, considering the higher number of GWs.

While OCC should be a little raised, the other one could be lowered but I'd like to know what's the highest score you've seen in 1.1, with religious civs that use monuments with 3cpt.

If it is only 30000, I'll put 35000, if it is 35000, I'll put 38000, etc.
The only shame is that I liked the round values 10k/40k, but balancement has the priority.

Rhye, do agree with my idea that when estimating levels of CP Victory, the most important important factor is how the AI can reach it - and therefore the effect it has when the human plays against the AI that reaches it...? I guess it should be positioned so that one or two cities or country reaches it aroiund turn 350-370, so the endgame has some more excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom