IOT Organisational and Discussion Thread

I suggest Central Asia, close enough to others that you can get decent trade going, but not so close that you risk war by your mere presence. Germany is decent too, if you want to be a European. I wouldn't suggest anywhere else in Europe.

An update is expected later or tomorrow, you can join then.

I wouldn't attack anyone in Germany without provocation.

Hi, I'm new here. Questions include:

1) Does each game usually have a different rule set?
2) How does everyone make these flags I see?
3) Will there be any upcoming games that will be good for newbies like me?

1) most are fairly consistent
2) I get most of mine from google images, as for original designs cutting and pasting always works.
3) It seems you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a new IOT of one kind or another, just take a look and see what suits your fancy.:)

Hi, I'm new here. Questions include:

1) Does each game usually have a different ruleset?
2) How does everyone make these flags I see?
3) Will there be any upcoming games that will be good for newbies like me?

1) Yes. Sort of. The basic premise is the same: you roleplay a country and interact with other players. But the rules are a bit different for every game. Some games are pretty basic (eg Imperium Offtopicum VII and SonIOT), while others have more complicated mechanics (eg the upcoming Iron and Blood II).

2) Searching Google for real world or historical flags. Otherwise, image editing programs, eg Paint. Copy and paste different parts of real world or historical flags or come up with an entirely new design.

3) [shamelessplug] Iron and Blood II is coming soon, it's going to be an awesome game with an evolving, realistic world. (Rules are a little on the complicated side though)

2) Wikipedia, Google, Flags of the World, or i make my own. I usually use Sumopaint for that. Its sort of a free, inbrowser photoshop clone. I start with a flag that has the configuration i want (vertical, horizontal bicolor or tricolor, or the various cross designs) then take elements i want to use.

Good stuff to use are coats of arms, royal seals, military emblems, etc, depending on the type of country i'll play, typically an authoritarian state, which i feel is more fun to RP.

3) [shamelessplug] Iron and Blood II is coming soon, it's going to be an awesome game with an evolving, realistic world. (Rules are a little on the complicated side though)
And its going to be great ... it was developed with a team of excellent players and GMs

Realpolitik starts Wednesday in case anyone's interested.

Sounds like GSTK but without heirs or age.

Hmm. I could allow for heirs. The Will system is going to get abused (somehow) anyway. So, I guess it would be possible to leave all your money to your "heir" and the state charges a 25% Death Tax.

It should be like your original feud though, and you should have to work for an heir, not just assume you have one.

It should be like your original feud though, and you should have to work for an heir, not just assume you have one.

The 25% Death Tax+Lost of personal influence is already pretty harsh.

Pushing RP back to Sunday. Had a great idea that needs thought out.

About religion, does it go by Real World Religions, or can players claim that a God(s) spoke to them? If its the later, how is it going to spread?

Top Bottom