NESCraft

The World Song: First Verse

Spoiler Situation :
Angst

You have arrived in a very scenic spot. Trees and hills surround you on all sides. A single large mountain in the south, the sight of which fills you with a slight sense of unease. There seems to be a large body of water in the north. The climate here is comfortably mild, despite a cold breeze from the north. Noisy flocks of giant geese patrol the river in the north-west.

APs: 3
Generally: Do everything while Fearing the Mountain to the South. Aaa!
- Go northwards and gather a Stone and make it a Stone Knife. (1 AP.)
- Are those mushrooms below that Tree!? Delicious! Forage them, and Forage in general in the northeast to sustain my belly. (1 AP.)
- Also, climb the Tree on the Hill in the north and Rest in it. Away from that scary tigercat. (1 AP.)

Well, that's a great update! Let's hope we can use some good things.

Milarqui
1 AP: I pick several sticks and stones and create a Stone Axe.
1 AP: I forage for food in the nearby forest, making sure to get some more for tomorrow. I eat enough to get by for the day.
1 AP: Climb a tree in the forest and try to sleep, away from the savage animals down there.

Thanks guys, since this is fun I will start on updating again later today. If enough people send orders in the next few hours, I may even stay up late and try to finish it tonight.

WATCH OUT SEON THERE IS A SNAKE HIDDEN IN THE GRASS

May I be re-born elsewhere, or should I make a new character and wait for the next wave?

Also, what would haunting the land entail? Could I cause mischief?

Lets say, feel free to post up a new character, that I will get to eventually, and in the meantime you can continue to roam as a ghost :) You have a very narrow field of vision, but I can perhaps teleport you to the vicinity of another player. They will not really be able to see you however, unless they are Spiritual in nature. As for what you can actually do: probably nothing much, but you can try to summon the power!

Do I have any fish reserves left? Or must I fish for more? Also, do I get to keep my old third trait?

You has eated all the fish. Wolves took any scraps away with them. The third trait no longer exists, sorry - just what you originally chose to begin with.

The World Song: First Verse

Spoiler Situation :

APs: 3
Generally: Do everything while Fearing the Mountain to the South. Aaa!
- Go northwards and gather a Stone and make it a Stone Knife. (1 AP.)
- Are those mushrooms below that Tree!? Delicious! Forage them, and Forage in general in the northeast to sustain my belly. (1 AP.)
- Also, climb the Tree on the Hill in the north and Rest in it. Away from that scary tigercat. (1 AP.)

LJ, I am truly honoured by your poem/song :D

I thought there was the snake in the trees to the east. IS THERE A SNAKE IN THE GRASS AS WELL? AGHRAJAGMAG.

Optical

1 AP: Break a branch off the nearby pine tree and feed it to the 'reindeer' to my left
1 AP: Climb the deciduous-looking tree to get leaves. Stay in the tree for shelter.
1 AP: Tie leaves together to make a loincloth covering my lower half down to my knees, and a vest covering my chest. Sleep.

@Optical, sorry, the reindeer is across the river. I'm not sure what you mean, but there are arctic bunnies to your east, by the pine trees, aside from bears and swans.

Alex994

3 AP

Investigate the sealion colony; surely these are wondrous beasts that I can learn from! Maybe they will show me their secrets of gathering food?!? (1 AP)
The ocean breeze is too chilly! I must find someway of protecting myself Those trees sure look warm! (1 AP)
Ouch. I cut myself on one of these pointy rocks. Maybe I can make a pointy tool out of them to poke other things? Maybe something I can hold in my hand, like a long knife? (1 AP)

Eltain2
Eye color: Purple eye color
Eyye shape: Let's go with almond eye shape
Hair color/style: Brown hair, worn in one single braid down the back
Body type: Medium.
Skin tone: Let's go with 7 this time.
Traits: Braveheart, energetic
Location: Warm/hot inland highlands. If there's a river that's cool.

Eltain1:

Wander in ghost-like fashion southwest, the direction I remember thinking about the most. If I stumble upon a docile creature, attempt to possess it, poltergeist style.

Edit: What happened to the original song from update 0? The one from the olympics? I liked that one.

Link? :'(

Eltain1:

Wander in ghost-like fashion southwest, the direction I remember thinking about the most. If I stumble upon a docile creature, attempt to possess it, poltergeist style.

Edit: What happened to the original song from update 0? The one from the olympics? I liked that one.

Link? :'(

Cool :)

I thought it may be too dramatic / warlike kinda mood. But I do like that track very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOVnYsBCJU long version, music doesn't really start until a minute or so into it.

Nintz

Spoiler Former Orders :
1. Build a stone spear.
2. Use it to kill the deer-looking thing below me. Drag it back to the cave to eat as much as possible. If the cat wants some, fine.
3. Sleep.

1. Forage for food near the deer-looking thing.
2. Build a small fire in the cave. Hopefully this doesn't agitate the wildcat.
3. Sleep near the fire.

@Optical, sorry, the reindeer is across the river. I'm not sure what you mean, but there are arctic bunnies to your east, by the pine trees, aside from bears and swans.

I meant this one, which I think is probably a bear (can't hurt to make sure):

Omega

1 AP on hunting the deer with the spear
1 AP on turning the deer hide into clothing
1 AP on sleeping near my (lit) campfire

Free actions: Put the fire back on at night (and cook the deer meat and eat it? not sure if that's really free)

@Optical, that is a bear indeed. Big brown bear. Caution is advised.

@Omega, the cooking can be part of the hunting action, provided you don't end up too far from the campfire.

Question: do you want some kind of system for locating other players? I hadn't quite realised that there is little reason to move around at present. It looks like some people are encountering each other this turn, but its going to be a slow process at this rate. Is that an issue? Would you prefer solo survival mode, with accidental meetings?

I was thinking that there could be a beacon light that appears in a central location. It would at least give you clues as to your position in the world, eg 'you see a pillar of light in the northwest' or 'you see a pillar of light far to the east' etc.

BTW, you may or may not all be on the same landmass. I can tell you that there are other landmasses that have *very* different animals to what you have seen so far.

Question: do you want some kind of system for locating other players? I hadn't quite realised that there is little reason to move around at present. It looks like some people are encountering each other this turn, but its going to be a slow process at this rate. Is that an issue? Would you prefer solo survival mode, with accidental meetings?

I was thinking that there could be a beacon light that appears in a central location. It would at least give you clues as to your position in the world, eg 'you see a pillar of light in the northwest' or 'you see a pillar of light far to the east' etc.

BTW, you may or may not all be on the same landmass. I can tell you that there are other landmasses that have *very* different animals to what you have seen so far.

I think it would be cooler if there were no beacon system of finding other players, so that players could hide from each other, or use tracking to find each other. Additionally, accidentally meeting other players sounds really fun, because there is an added sense of awe in first contact which would be removed if everyone could easily spot each other.

Players will travel more anyways once they have clothes, a weapon and a stable source of food.

Top Bottom