Fantasy Turnovia NES

Sorry about the missed orders. The WiFi on the boat spazzed out and. I couldn't send my orders in time.

Nice update keep this coming Amon!

Just one question: so sun metal will be unavailable to me until the Iron Age? Or is there a way to make it quicker? (Say by investing a lot into its development)

I would imagine that the development of other resources would be required before Sun Metal would be available to produce. I would imagine iron to be one of these resources. Unless you want Iron to be better than Sun Metal ;)

Oh and also, don't wait 'till last second to send orders please. I like to update what I've gotten throughout the day at the end of the night so that on the "update night" I only have half as much work to do.

The Règne continue to spread across the lands, as the new Leódhatas Morgon replaces the now deceased Dudu. Morgon once more is a marvel to Blæc monopoly in power relations in the Règne, though challange is starting to emerge as Norbert the Hawk of the Voûte, Ridley the Bear of the Æsctír and Aethylswith of the Woad Road of the Mónaþádtribu all have set themselves in vision for their own clan to succeed Morgon to Leódhatas once he kicks the bucket. Meanwhile Edi the Beholder of the Galdorcræftare has meditated on the vanishing of the scouts into the forbidden woods, becoming fascinated with the sceadwig. Morgon himself will need to make haste in consideration with the sceadwig.

Still... time to expand!

More land for the goblins.png

The Règne will secure a position in tales of a land across the channel that could in the end pose another home for goblinkind. They also head off to secure the great lands in the other way which will become more land for the clans; no new clan will be forge in this expansion. If only the Règne were aware that they about to come to contact with their frosty relatives...

Now a dictionary for Règne terms for the races, included planned words for those they have still to meet!

Spoiler Règne terms for the races of the world, including those they still to meet as of now :
Ælfcynn is Règne for elf. In front of this label: bois is for “wood,” sombre is for “dark” and haut is for “high”

Ælfen is Règne for fairy

Ælwiht is Règne for Illithid

Æsc is Règne for treant

Átorcoppe is Règne for spider

Beóceorl is Règne for beamen

Demander is Règne for sskltheen

Dweorg is Règne for dwarf

Efeta is Règne for lizardman

Efete is Règne for naga

Ent is Règne for giant

Forst Púca is Règne for frost goblin

Getrudend is Règne for Raptoran

Gicel Golem is Règne for Ice Golem

Gumcynn is Règne for human

Meremenn is Règne for Merefolk

Nædre is Règne for gorgon

Níðgæst is Règne for orc

Púca is Règne for goblin

Sceadwig is Règne for the faded men

Steor is Règne for minotaur

Reáfere is Règne for velociraptor

Werwulf is Règne for werewolf

Wyrm is Règne for ‘little dragon’ which will be used to describe the dragonic

Vespiqvon Hives/Colonies:

There are three types of hives: Military, Economic, and Agricultural. The Economic hives are the most urbanized, and have many shops and businesses. They are usually in the Italian heartland, and seldom near the mountains or frontiers. Military hives are basically the equivalent of fortresses, and they exist for defending frontiers and training troops. There are only two Military hives that do not guard the frontier: one is the capital hive and the other is close by and is used for training troops before they get sent to the frontier. Agricultural hives are very spread out and are used to gather food. The Capital Hive is unique because it is all three types of hive, but the rest only are one type. Some notable hives:

Capital Hive: All three types. It is by far the largest hive and was the hive of Queen Bzzst I, whose granddaughter, Queen Bzzst III rules over the council of Queen bees from each hive. The economic section is the largest in the Vespiqvon Federation, and the military section houses the Royal Guard and also serves as a secondary troop training center.

Pzzzz Hive: The largest economic hive and the third largest hive in the Federation. Its important location on the Pzzzz (Po otl) River makes it an important trading hub.

Zzzzzzzs Hive: This hive is the second largest hive and the largest military hive (not counting the capital). Most of the Federation troops are trained here before being sent to the frontier.

Ezzzzt and Vzzzzt Hives: These two hives are the border hives for the eastern and western boundaries of the Beefolk. They are very strongly reinforced and are gigantic citadels of soldiers. They also run border patrols and control movement into and out of the federation.

Cahokia (Shadowbound)
Race: Orcs
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Stability: 5
Economy: 4/3
Treasury: 2
Strategic Resources: None Developed
Military: 2 Orc Divisions(Green)/1 Orc Division(Untrained)
Draft Pool: 2 Orc Divisions(Green)
Navy: None
Description: Orcs are a humanoid race, most clearly distinguished by their dark green skin, red eyes and tusks. On average, they might be somewhat physically tougher and mentally slower than humans by nature; however, there are plenty of outliers amongst them. Those tendencies may also be distorted by their strong cultural preference for brawn. All orcs, men, women and children, are hunters and warriors or training to be such. In addition to their physical differences, however, orcs also have a few mental differences of interest: a genetic memory that usually manifests most strongly in their shamans and only faintly in the others, and that serves to reinforce traditional attitudes and old grudges; and a pack mentality that makes most orcs more likely to fall in line with a leader who has proven himself to be stronger and more effective. Those leaders are also generally (not always) more physically intimidating, taller and more muscular.
Mod Notes: Erected the first Great Pyramid
Color/Location: Blue/Missouri

Spending

3 jack on another Great Pyramid

Orders

If it's good enough to do twice, it's good enough to do a third time. Send forth our armies to expand south and west, enslaving the catmen and expanding along the tributaries of the Mississippi.

The same goes for our Great Pyramids. We're going to make another one, except this time a few hundred feet slightly north so that it catches the sun better.

Work to import maize from the north to our lands.

To: Dwarves in Southern Italy

The current border between our two nations looks like an awkward creation of circumstance. We propose discussing a change in the boundary to a more natural, geographical border.

Morthur(Golden1Knight)
Race: Dwarves
Government: Meritocracy of Clans
Economy: 6/1
Treasury: 4
Military: 1 Dwarven Division(Green)
Draft pool: 3 Dwarven Divisions(Green)
Description: The Dwarves of the Andes are a notoriously tough and proud people. However, they do not limit their grumpy lives to the mountains: they are more than able to thrive outside their burrows, although their hearts are always with the Cordillera. They really appreciate stone work, preferring to live in large underground cities. When on the surface, they usually build solid stone houses, and their colonies often appear to be a set of stone blocks. The power is in the hands of the clans, which are headed by the most skilled dwarves. The clans elect a King among them, whose office is lifelong but not hereditary. Every dwarf is a member of a clan, and each clan dominates a certain region. The skills that are most valued by these people include the art of creating, shaping and war.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Brown/Andes

Spending

3 Jacks to invest in the search for iron. The dwarves do not have much to do besides working with that, and bronze is not strong enough, and not to the liking of the dwarves. However, if we fail in our quest for iron, then these points will be invested in the search for other minerals.

Orders

The people to the north will be avoided for now. We will focus on expanding our lands to the south, and to the center to a certain level. Amazon might be a nice source of fuel. But we will not go too far from the mountains, at least not for now.

Shurak he was much pleased. All human warriors were slain; all others were brought back to Karr Me-pork and set to work as slaves, to gather food for the orcs. Their lands he left to A-ka-rat and wild beasts and hunters from the further clans.

Others came and they complained, "while Ka-ha-gar was hunting humans, big dumb lizards from the sun land were hunting orcs! They took the hunting grounds of the orcs for themselves, and now kill any orcs who go there for any reason." Shurak he raged again and said: "Easy Valley made you soft! We want big dumb lizards to come to us, so we can fight them and be hard again!" But the others they replied: "So you want to give our food and then our lives away? You may be strongest, but you are not wisest!"

Shurak he chased them out but then spoke to the Elders, and they told him: "Dead things are not strong. Orcs must not die, or they won't be strong. Sun land lizards must live so that the orcs can sharpen their skills against them true, but they must not think they can do as they please, and they cannot become a threat!" Shurak he agreed then and gathered up all the orcs in Karr Me-pork again, and told them: "Now we will hunt big dumb lizards from the sun land, and leave some alive so we can fight them later, but the rest will die to teach them a lesson so they don't think they can threaten orcs even when orcs are distracted." And Shurak wondered what big dumb lizards taste like.

Eien to eiko no Erufu no teikoku (Cadellon)
Race: High Elves
Government: Theocratic Monarchy led by the Kami no o (aka God-Emperor)
Economy: 7/3
Strategic Resources: -
Military: 1 Elven Samurai Division(Untrained)
Draft Pool: 3 Elven divisions(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla(Green)
Description: The High Elves have always lived considering themselves superior to all other races. They believe themselves the descent of Taiyo-shin ,the god of the sun and think their emperor to be its very incarnation. Anynon-elf is in the eyes of the Higher Kin hardly better than cattle.The High Elves are dedicated to their society. Service to the Empire comes before everything else, even life , as the highest honor is that of dying in service of the Empire, something considerable given the long lifespan of the higher elves (150 to 300 years) and low population resulting from it.Merit determines rank in the Eternal and Glorious Empire and even members of the most lowly families can be given great honor if they have served well the Emperor.Aside from merit and dedication, honor is fundamental to the society of the Higher Kin and is closely linked to the former. Skill at battle is also given great respect due to the Eternal Empire's warlike history.
Mod Notes: 1 JPT is made through slavery. Developing Sun Metal (No ETA.)

Orders
Spend 2 EP to continue improvement of the Capital in Honshu. It is to become the center of high elven culture and trade
Samurai present in Korea will continue the conquest of the southern part peninsula. Those capitulate are still enslaved. Continue patrolloing the northern border.
Continue sending "missionaries" of the Order of the Sun across the Empire to reinforce faith and fidelity towards the Emperor and the Emperor

Concerning Sun Metal:
The ore can be refined to various degrees of purity depending on the temperature on wich it is smelt.
The lowest temperatures (temperature of copper smelting etc...) can purify enough ore to make it a slightly better but pretty expensive alternative to bronze (that will be reserved for elite weapons, fear and fine tools and jewelry), while the higher temperatures will yield a metal far superior to iron (but that cannot be developed until very high temperatures are mastered , so far in the future :) )
With slight improvements over furnaces used for bronze the lower levels of purity can be achieved but the result will be by far inferior than the pure metal(but still useful)

Amon, what sort of things live around the edges of the Spider Realms? Any humans or other sentient races? Or is it all animals?

For what it is worth I was of the mind that orcs originated somewhere in Central Asia, or at least some of them did, and then the particular group that settled Tortolia went through Siberia and across the Bering Land Bridge. So there might be some orcs left behind in that general area, if Amon doesn't mind.

You decide, iggy. Das could very well be correct. Is he?

Courtier

My feet rustle lightly on the undergrowth, barely daring to make a sound. The moon is bright tonight, giving the misty forest an unearthly lustre. The moths dance skywards towards their lunar lover, never to touch its silvery embrace.

I shall not fail in my courtship as they have.

There she is. She's resting. Thinking, feeling, her limbs resting delicately on her web. I'm nervous and fearful, but compelled to go on.

Now is the moment. With an 'inadvertent' kick of her anchor threads, I catch her attention. Her eyes are on me at once. I bow, spin about and with a flourish unveil the work that I had kept hidden on my body. My limbs stretch wide as my tapestry unfolds, an intricate and beautiful pattern. I rear back on four legs, my masterwork revealed, and with practiced precision hook its corners onto the branches above my head.

It's magnificent. My magnum opus. My eyes look to hers, but she is entranced at its spiraling complexities, its immaculate tessellations, its fractal patterns. It is like nothing any spider has ever seen before, or shall ever see again. It is a gift worthy of my maiden, my love, my goddess.

I watch as her eyes follow my intricate webwork, at last guiding it to the heart of my long labour: a simple, neatly wrapped cylinder. A bold touch, a striking counterpoint to the baroque detail surrounding it. A signature which exclaims 'me!'

Delicately, she approaches. I lower my head reverently as she reaches forward and disentangles my pièce de résistance. The thread unravels in her hands, leaving a perfectly-paralyzed orc in her grasp. She lowers her chelicerae, and partakes deeply of its softened body.

I tap and strum her web with a gentle rhythm as she drinks, until my hard-captured gift is finished. The remains fall to the ground, and she looks to me. With a coquettish twitch of her pedipalps, she bids me to draw closer. I dance my way forward, crossing the threshold into her silken domain.

It shall be a beautiful night.

Note: the name of my nation is not bold in stats. :cry:

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Euryale (Defacto)
Race: Gorgon
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Economy: 4/3
Treasury: 4
Military: 1 Gorgon Division(Green)
Draft Pool: 2 Gorgon Division(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla(Green)
Description: The Gorgon is a serpent creature. The lower half of her body is snake while its upper half resembles a female body of a humanoid. Instead of hair, the gorgons have snakes in their head. These snakes are not equal in all gorgons. - for example, a gorgon who has scarlet snakes instead of "normal snakes" is considered more beautiful. They are mono-gendered race and despite the feminine appearance, there is no differentiation between male and female. Nevertheless, they prefer the term "she" just as the features of their faces resemble a woman.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Purple/Greece

SPENDING
3 Jacks1 on the construction of a sanctuary at the same site of Olympia2. This sanctuary will begin with the construction of a Temple3 to the goddess of beauty and mother of all gorgons, Stheno.

3 In the same proportions of the Temple of Zeus.

ORDERS
In the coming years we will increase the colonization of frontiers to eliminate the gap between Testonica and Euryale. And also, we will take a peaceful position in diplomacy with them.

Tell me, O Aeon, which destiny reserves for your own daughter. The most beautiful of all the goddesses betrayed by my own blood; tell me my father, why you send mortals to torment and hunt me? - Stheno talking to the stars.

THE ORIGIN OF THE GORGONS
Stheno, the Betrayed.

Stheno was the second daughter of Aeon, and the most beautiful among goddesses and incomparable virtue. It is believed, according to the Speakers, gorgons dedicated to religious teachings, that Stheno maintained a relationship with Yleus, the god of the waters. Their say that his sister Kalypso loved deeply Yleus and knowing of their relationship, used the forbidden power to curse Stheno. Later, Stheno gave birth to, rather than humanoid babies, three children that was snake-like creatures.

His daughters appeared to be from places beyond the realm of the gods and cursed by them. But her devotion and love were greater, she took the creatures as daughters and kept them hidden. She called them Rusalka, Vila and Wila; Kalypso told to Aeon, which entered into disgrace and banished Stheno of the realm of the gods. Also he commanded mortals to hunt her. In fury, Stheno shared her powers to the daughters. To Rusalka she handed eternal longevity; to Vila wisdom, beauty and fertility; and to Wila ability of combat and magic. But this was her sacrifice: by sharing her powers she was no longer goddess and became weak and occasionally died some years later.

Any errors which I missed? :sad:

2 hours 25 minutes 'till deadline. The usual policy will be kept: No orders will be accepted after the deadline. Shame on you for hoping that my update will be postponed long enough to sate your laziness.

I have decided to post my orders in the thread because really, why not.

STATS
Jhasturad(Lord of Elves)
Race: Elves
Government: Tribal Despotism
Stability: 6
Economy: 5/1
Military: 1 Elven Division(Green)
Draft Pool: 4 Elven Divisions(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla (Green)
Description: Clans and great families united by worship of monotheistic deity, the "All-Father," said to have taught the elves of Jhasturad the true nature of the world and the heavens. The clans are united by a king whose line is maintained through force of arms and supposed divine mandate. Significant druidic (called "learners") caste developing as attendant to the ruling clan.
Mod Notes: Developing horses, eta 3 turns.
Color/Location: Burgundy/Spain

SPENDING
5 Jack - Elven Division

- The Ummariya will convene the great houses of the serene city of Jhasturad and authorize the raising of a powerful army to combat the dire eldritch threat to our south. Individual clans should contribute their worthy and able sons to this effort, which should be ancillary to the conscription of warriors by the Ummariya himself. This great army, led by the Jhasturadene learners, will march south and challenge the eldritch abominations assailing our people. We shall summon powerful magics and the favor of the All-Father in order to dispatch these heinous enemies. The most powerful and ancient learner of our people, the Provost Murahametya, shall lead our army to victory. We shall draw the enemy out into the flatlands where we can surround and harass them and attempt to crush their army wholly.

FORCES: 2 Elven Divisions, whatever else we can muster

- The Ummariya will convene many of the Jhasturadene learners and command them to use their magics to determine if the eldritch threat to our people is the work of some foul necromancer, and if so, how best to defeat him and crush him utterly for his obscene crimes against the All-Father and against the serene city of Jhasturad.

Spoiler :
Tronda(SK)
Color: Lime Green
Race: Velociraptors
Government: Tribal Confederacy
Economy: 4/0
Treasury: 5
Military: No Standing Army
Draft Pool: 3 velociraptor Divisions
Description: A civilization of surviving, sentient dinosaurs (who have managed to domesticate some rather larger, rather less sentient dinosaurs as well), the Trondans live in a patchwork of clan-like tribes of anywhere between a few dozen and a few thousand people. All these tribes are nominally united under a loose central confederacy, the All-Court, where the leaders of all the tribes meet for a few weeks twice a year, and whose power can vary from moderate to virtually non-existent even within the course of a single year. Not attending the All-Court is a strong political statement.
Mod Notes: I was thinking about putting Velociraptors as a NPC country actually! Great minds think alike!
Color/Location: Funny green/OTL Lake Victoria

Spending
-3 Jack on building 1 Velociraptor Division; the All-Court will authorizes the creation of a small standing force under its direct control.
-1 Jack beginning construction of the Great Old One's Loop; this will be a great road that forms a circle some distance around the lake, linking the largest non-coastal settlements to each other by land, easing transportation between them; in addition, there will be smaller, modern roads linking this loop to the largest coastal settlements, which are in turn already connected to each other via sea travel across the lake. We obviously don't expect to finish it this turn, just begin construction.

Expansion
-Start incorporating those velociraptors just outside our frontiers who have yet to acknowledge the All-Court's overarching superiority into our dominion, as well as whatever else is out there. Velociraptor superiority. Rawr. Focus should be on pushing down the Nile. Use our new division to help with this.

Top Bottom