Scientists, Merchants, and Artists

Water and forest squares always make your citizens happier, but being next door to another guy does not stack. You would be better off spreading them out a bit more, and possibly making a second VG/library location somewhere else on the map.

Then, being next 2 same citizens isn't the same to be next 2 water tiles?

I see where i was wrong XD ty, i should reorganize all (tip well accepted)

Scientists 2 next to each other adjacent to a river and one adjacent to river and tree works well....put a village green and fully upgrade it front of one house and a library or university fully upgrade in front of the other. You can encircle the green and university if you wish. With the multipliers from wonders even without any GS, I was about to get 45 scientists

This would work the same with artists or merchants and their respective buildings if you wish. However in any of the games I've played actually harvesting gold or culture is virtually worthless when you compare prices of it to production, science or food on the market.

I prefer a full blown oval like this. This'll work for merchants and artists too.

Attachments

• Science oval.jpg
    Science oval.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 160
Took you oval for my city, it's working very well :)

Btw, am i wrong, or merchants are REALLY useless? Even 100 culture can be sold at more than 100 gold

Merchants and Artists are next to useless. If you notice the file name, it is called "Science Oval" because that is the only thing you should be using it for :)

Finding a heavily forested/watered area (like the one in my screen shot) is key to really maximizing those scores with all the extra happiness bonuses.

I prefer a full blown oval like this. This'll work for merchants and artists too.

Thank you for the photo demonstration of exactly what I was saying. Seeing a picture is so much better and more explanatory than putting it into words :)

Top Bottom