Community Call to Power Project

OK, back after a quick experiment as Rome. I like a lot of the changes and features implemented. However, on Epic speed, I felt like I still didn't get to use my only unique unit hardly at all. It also felt like the AI was whizzing past me in terms of technology and they pulled wonders right out from under me all the time. Another thing is that even after I got Iron Working, no Iron was revealed to me. None. Does this lower the chance of finding iron? My hostile neighbor had 5 that he gave me after I defeated his army in defense. But that was the only time I had iron before quitting. And finally, I found the greatly expanded research tree pretty confusing. I think that's mostly because I wasn't used to the plethora of new entries. Anyway, that's it for now.

Ah, good ol Rome... For gameplay, unfortunately the only thing I can say is that the game is only balanced for Standard speed. The different speeds will be addressed later, but I just want to set Standard up as the baseline for now. Also, Iron gets revealed at Bronze Working, in order to give players a little time to "prepare."

And I should mention that only Civ 5 maps (pangaea, continents, etc) work with the new resource distribution. Even so, I haven't been able to get Stone to appear anywhere near as much as the other resources. That's something that I haven't forgotten, just that I haven't had the time for it yet. It's high on the to do list.

As a final note, you can change the rate of resources in the Advanced Settings of initial game set-up. I suggest playing on standard or high. At least until the Monopoly system gets sorted out, I would advise not playing on one of the highest settings.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe my brain is fried by the hot weather and not enough sleep, and I will be watching the progress of this mod keenly. But I don't think that this mod is right for me in it's current state and with my low skill level. My cities grow like weeds, the AI leaves me in the dust in research/eras and keeps stealing all my wonders which is extremely aggravating. I'll try more later, but I need to do something else for a little bit. Thanks for reading.

for any one having difficulty TURN down the difficulty level this is a NEW game.
Focus on Happiness-techs/buildings and mass expanding.

Error Report there are two errors in the social policy's one says incompatible with fuedalism twice. and one says TEXT some thing or the other in the title when hovering over. U can not trade any of the resources expect for the original strategic resources is this intentional to avoid to make them going negative? The other resources that u have improved do not display anywhere.

Love the mod its great massive wars 100 turns plus it is so epic. IMO u should have a extra add on to further slow down tech research for those who want it like gradual research by 25 in ancient era 50 in classic and so on. THANK YOU SO MUCH to all those involved in the mods restoration.:goodjob:

If you have trouble making the resources appear on maps you can always consider asking cephalo or some other map script creator for advise. As I personally play with cephalo's PerfectWorld script (ever since Civ4) I wouldn't mind if that got to work with your mod. It really sounds like a promising mod, especially when epic games will be balanced.

So, I did environmentalism today. I find the globe very nice, because of that I kept the globe this time for the 2 and only changed the backgrounds.

Next stop, Pacifism.

Attachments

• Enverimentiolism1.jpg
    Enverimentiolism1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Enverimentiolism2.jpg
    Enverimentiolism2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 144
for any one having difficulty TURN down the difficulty level this is a NEW game.
Focus on Happiness-techs/buildings and mass expanding.

Error Report there are two errors in the social policy's one says incompatible with fuedalism twice. and one says TEXT some thing or the other in the title when hovering over. U can not trade any of the resources expect for the original strategic resources is this intentional to avoid to make them going negative? The other resources that u have improved do not display anywhere.
Noted. For the resources not being tradeable, this is happening because those resources are no longer considered strategic. If I had left them as is, besides having all of the resource indicators on the top panel, Russia's UA would have been so overpowered. I changed it to +5p per strategic, so imaging if every corn, rice, tea, etc gave Cathy extra production. I still think she's a beast now, even though her UA only works on "true" strategics. I will try to get the other resources to be tradeable, but that may require listing them as luxury again, which opens a whole other set of problems.

And while we're talking about it, I realize the monopoly buildings are much cheeper than other buildings of the same era. This will be handled 1-2 updates from now. In truth, I don't think the AI handles the system very well; I have seen a few monopolies of the production variety, but imagine if the AI, with it's already absurd happiness bonus, builds an "happy" monopoly. :eek:

Love the mod its great massive wars 100 turns plus it is so epic. IMO u should have a extra add on to further slow down tech research for those who want it like gradual research by 25 in ancient era 50 in classic and so on. THANK YOU SO MUCH to all those involved in the mods restoration.:goodjob:

I also like the slower pace, but it's just not feasible when playing that way to reach the future eras. I guess we could extend the number of turns in the game, maybe to 750, but then we would have to worry about the AI lasting that long. It's something to think about.

@Riddleofsteel: Sorry to see you go. As pyccos mentioned, you can always drop the difficulty level. Before playing CTP, I could consistently win on emperor. Now, I win maybe 35% of the time. Unfortunately, just like vanilla, there comes a point when you realize you have the game in the bag. I think that point has been pushed back to somewhere in the Industrial Era. If you can just last that long. :D

@Hyronymus: The resources appear on every map but custom made ones (I think). It is not a huge priority atm to get other maps to function properly, but I can see it being important down the road. The same is true for epic (and other speeds), as everything would need to be readjusted. I do want to play at least one epic game though, so it may be a higher priority than the maps.

first: huts are not scaled - at least gold from. Should be x10 i suppose?
second: I dont check this version yet, but city-states was nonplayabe coz their 'friendly score' are unscaled also.
third: problems with techs going from fractured tech tree. Comp hit fourth era with rest of the techs still on classic or ancient. Should be more dependencies.
Sorry for my very poor english :)

p.s. I'm playing now - on fractal large map - there is completly no resources of any kind O_o

:run::dance::banana: New Update :woohoo: Thanks Chrome :D

Chrome – it might be worth just recapping what’s already been said here about customisation:

Is this correct?:

Map Type = Only Civ 5 maps
Map Size = Any
Difficulty Level = Any
Game Pace = Only ‘Standard’ has been modified for use
Game Era = Any
World Age = Any
Temperature = Any
Rainfall = Any
Sea Level = Any
Resources = no higher than ‘High’ is recommended

Bug Reporting:

Also is there a ‘reported bug’ report or something that you have published anywhere? It would be good to see what people have already raised? Perhaps someone could create and publish a link to a kinda bug DB that people could just enter new bugs as well as view old ones. (not me :)). This could help you in the long run when releasing bug fixed reports. The link could be in your signature (and the “Executive Team’s” when they get formed) for all to use. Perhaps a link to the latest version of the Mod could be in your signature too if you intend to release smaller and more frequent updates, this would save people trawling through the thread.

Alternatively, regarding the bug report, a few people could help keep track of what everyone inputs into this new thread (if it’s not an automated DB). It could also include ‘would like to see’ section (Units, Techs etc) And it would need to be a few people to ensure everything is captured and not missed as well as perhaps validating the bugs. Not sure if any of this would be of use. Happy to be involved in the bug capturing side of things but if you have everything under control then no probs, just suggesting in case it could save you time.

Hi Chrome, I'm very happy to see you took up the project, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

If you need any help with graphics/images I'd be glad to offer my services!

(I would have PMed, but since it seems to be locked to new members, I can't. I've been lurking the forums for over 3 years now, without a username... About time I made one!!)

@nathanglevy

Yeah you need to have had an account for at least 5 days and made at least 5 posts to be able to PM.

@leeuw01: I literally can't decide between the two environmental pics. They're both awesome! Not that this will be helpful, but just thought you should know :D

@rulner: everything is correct except for Game Era. While I don't think it will break your game to start in anything but ancient, things have not been balanced for the others. Spatz's mod has a great solution to keeping everything stable no matter what era you start in. Down the line, I may ask for a little pointers :)

@nathan: Welcome to the forums :clap: (although you have probably been here longer than I have)!! What kind of art do you do (original, stock photos, photoshop, etc)? Whichever it is, I'm sure you can help the mod with your talents. Welcome aboard!

@everyone: How is the game playing for you? Is anything taking too long/going to fast? I am going to readjust the buildings to fit the new pacing, and then it is off to the Modern Era. If things are right, you should be hitting Modern before turn 350

Also, I think it would be great sometime in the (near) future to get this and D's thread moved over to the project section. The only requirement holding us back is the fact that this thread does not have enough traffic yet. There is a downside in that it won't get as many views as it would in Modpacks, but we would be able to have different threads for Governments, Buildings, Bugs, Suggestions, etc. Maybe in a month or two if all goes well

Hey there. I'm having issues with the culture aspect of your mod.

I'm getting a new culture policy every 21 culture. It never changes from 21. I end up picking any number of random policies/ect and just run out of options. There are no other options opening up when I open up any of the goverments/ect

Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

Hey there. I'm having issues with the culture aspect of your mod.

I'm getting a new culture policy every 21 culture. It never changes from 21. I end up picking any number of random policies/ect and just run out of options. There are no other options opening up when I open up any of the goverments/ect

Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!! That is strange. Do you have any other mods active, (besides Gradual Research)?

Welcome to the forums!! That is strange. Do you have any other mods active, (besides Gradual Research)?

No sir. the only mods installed are the two from your file and the two from DLC. I only have your two enabled.
Ver. 1.0.1.167 if that means anything.

Grampsa, you are playing on an outdated patch. Update to the most current patch (1.348) and you should be fine.

"Noted. For the resources not being tradeable"
Is it possible to make the Russian only get +1 production instead that's what D had decided on.:D

"Noted. For the resources not being tradeable"
Is it possible to make the Russian only get +1 production instead that's what D had decided on.:D

It would be, but that would skew the yields a bit. I wasn't the biggest fan of having yields increased 5-fold when that first happened, but now that it has, I'm a little reluctant to have several tiles giving "rounded" production. In all honesty, I think this can be fixed with the DLL (if not with current lua options).

Good luck with this Chrome. I was a big player of Dec's version and will also be checking this one out as well. I commented a few times in his, and will certainly drop my 2cents worth here...for free of course! :)

Top Bottom