TSG7 After Action Report

First time poster and obviously I came in a little late but...thought I'd post anyway since I've never done one of these before. Not sure how to do screenshots...so there'll be none of those this time but maybe someone can help me out for next time.

Settled 1NW cuz I moved warrior that way and saw an extra spice. Made it longer to get the gold that ended up being east but I got it eventually. Built a sct first cuz I'm a sucker for goodie huts..popped pottery from one the turn before I had it researched..oh well. Built GL on turn 48, same turn I finished BW so popped IW. Saw the iron east across the lake and all that ivory so I founded 2nd city there and immediately bought tiles before they butted against Bismarck and caused him to stress out. He did anyway but I did them all at once so I didn't have to do it again and listen to him whine about me lying to him. 3rd city was on the eastern tip of that mini-ocean NW of Gao then saw dye along the bottom of the "ocean" with a nice river 3 tiles away so I put a fourth city there. The rest of my cities were stolen. Took Seoul cuz Edinburgh wanted me to and started taking in free armies.

Turn 235 I declared on Bismarck and 122 turns later...after running through him, Arabia, and the Turks...plus most of Hiawatha on the turn my last spaceship parts popped, I was done.

For the most part, I managed to stay out of trouble with this one. Things got a little interesting when I took Bismarck's last city and Arabia, China, and Siam all declared on me at once but I had the tech lead most of the game and once I fended off the Chinese assault it was fairly straightforward rolling Arabia from east to west and then cleaning up the Turks after. Siam was always too far away to ever attack me so I didn't have to worry about him.

I considered going for a domination victory but China and Siam both had plenty of nukes and I hate losing units so those stupid nuke wars just end up pissing me off..lol

Anyway, super-fun. First time I've done this and I can honestly say it's the first time I've actually played an entire game through without reloading ever. Like I said, I HATE losing units. I had to take an overnight break when I had my 104 exp fighter get shot down by an AAG I didn't think would fire on me. What a waste!!

I think I'm hooked...thanks for putting this together.

Attachments

• Askia_0357 AD-1937.Civ5Save
    816.7 KB · Views: 183
dV,

If you post a save, we can include your game in the results summary, if you'd like?
Ohh, I forgot the save, didn't I? :hammer2:

I will add one to the original spoiler post later today. No big deal about in or not of the results, as it wasn't good enough for any cup waving ... :lol:

dV

addendum: save uploaded in my original post for this thread.

dV

My first GOTM and i thought i will have to post a loss. I wanted to play a cultural win, but obviously not as badly as I did. I did not leverage my unique abilities, i took a lot of camps but missed out on pillaging cities and setting up a puppet empire.

I have failed to get iron and Ivory next to Germans. And was afraid of going after them. Was amazed how quickly AI surrounded me and soon I had no chance to compete militarily. So i stuck to my two cities and kept feeding CS allies to stay in the tech race. I managed to keep up somehow.

I stayed out of all fights and diplo arrangements untill Siam got to be all powerful and i thought what the hell they can be my friend. Bad mistake! It worked for a while, I helped dogpile Alex with my knights/mandekelu. But only got 1 city out of the deal. Then someone denounced me, then Siam denounced, and then DOWed me b/c my friends have denounced me. And it was him denouncing me. He has do it to me before. China, Arabia and Iroquis followed him in.

I have avoided war until then, sometimes bribing someone into war to keep them busy, but with continent tightly packed not a lot of those wars (like Siam vs Germany I started) amounted to any fighting. I just got cavalry and infantry. But I still have not produced a single military unit and now was scrambling to fight a war with 4 civs, weakest of them much stronger them was. I thought I was toast. But Arabs took only 1 CS ally and could not get through German/Ottoman protective blanket. Iroquis got embroiled with 3 city states in the middle and were not making much headway, and China was having it's a** handed to them by Stockholm in the south. I figured i will swoop in for an easy victory. Lost all my cav, infantry got mauled crossing all those rivers and i withdrew.

Siam in meantime was taking apart all my CS allies he could get to, except Stockholm which i reinforced, and unable to make headway sued for peace. I moved my forces to the nothern part of China, helped my CS allies there beat off Iroquis and took China apart from the north. By then i was making my own units, figured out how to use airforce and was on a roll. I bribed ottomans to take on Germany I was afraid of a backstab as BISMARCK has been taunting me all game long and hated my guts. It worked a bit too well, as german got beaten soundly and now i was enveloped in Ottoman empire who refused to renew OB with me. My Land forces were cut off and i only replaced losses with accasional CS gift units.

But with Siam out of the fight taking Iroquis was much easier despite getting nuked after taking one of his core 2 cities. he was going for cultural win too ;)

I built my Utopia 1 turn before UN vote, I didnt have enought to win but thanks to his rampage neither did Siam i think. All in all I really enjoyed this map, it definitely kept me on my toes.

Welcome to GoTM. :wavey:

If you post your save from the turn after your win, then I can try to recalc the results so you can be included in the table. :)

Once you go through all the victory screens, you come to one that asks if you want to play one more turn. Say yes and then save the game and attach the save to your post by using edit and go advanced.

Thanks Leif

I have made that save after reading that request you made from other ppl. now we'll see if i can attach it, i tried to add a screenshot to my last post but it didn't work. File was 3.5M i shrank it to .37 noticing the limit of 500k but it still would not upload. What am I doing wrong? I think its in.net format, whatever it comes out of civ screenshot folder.

thanks

Maxym

Attachments

• Askia_0076 BC-0975.Civ5Save
    854 KB · Views: 176
In my Civ5 ScreenShots folder, the files are all .tga. I don't think you can upload .tga files.

You should be able to use any free image editing software (IrFanView) and change the image file to .mpg, .mpeg, .png or .gif. All these file types can be uploaded to your attachments.

Additionally, you could upload them to an image site, like imageshack or photobucket, and then use the image tags and place the web address of the photo inside the tags. The photo should appear in your post. :)

Maxym's result is in the table (along with backnine's and dV's)

Top Bottom