Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Everyone needs more Nepnep in their life!

Speaking of, in order to make her even more lazy, I've decided on a new facet of her UA: Histoire has to found your cities for you, and she picks the locations!

This Civ is probably going to need a little in-game tutorial pop up at this rate.

It sounds like we'll be barely 'playing' and more 'watching and moving Histoire around'.

And yes, probably will need a little in-game tutorial pop up. Will it even be compatible with the other mods like your other Neptunia civs are?

It sounds like we'll be barely 'playing' and more 'watching and moving Histoire around'.

And yes, probably will need a little in-game tutorial pop up. Will it even be compatible with the other mods like your other Neptunia civs are?

Managing Histy is going to be a bit of a game unto itself. She has a finite amount of Energy that recovers over time, and she needs it to run a city or settle a new one. Additionally, you'll be able to annex to your heart's content while you're Purple Heart (though Histy still needs to settle your cities; this is actually borne from some technical limitations). I'm thinking of making Histy recover Energy faster while you're Purple Heart as well.

The system may sound like it's doing nothing but taking agency away from the player, but I'd look at it as a variant of Venice with some different limits and benefits.

My Mediafire account was shut down due to multiple copyright strikes. emeralis may have already relayed this to you, but my current plan is to just direct people to use Steam Workshop Downloader instead, so I don't have to deal with the hassle of keeping my mods updated on multiple sources. Soundtrack mods will be reuploaded to MEGA.

Speaking of soundtracks, the Neptunia civs now have a soundtrack mod! Get it here. It not only works with my Neps, but with Mogarane's.

The CBP appears to have messed with the dreaded leaderhead.xml. :mad: Specifically, it added a new feature: war score (the idea being to show the player if the AI believes it's winning or losing the war). But it shows up on the leaderhead screen and thus it changed that darned file.

Not only does it cause the Neptunia civs to show up all black, all grey, or all white, it also removes the diplomacy buttons entirely, for all civs. Yes, removing that blasted leaderhead.xml (and it's evil sibling, leaderhead.lua) from CBP Compatibility does fix the problem, though it also disabled the "Warscore" feature (and if it can indeed be fixed, I cannot figure it out).

I'd like to make it clear that the issue in this case is the CBP itself, and NOT EUI. The same issue occurs regardless even if you're running the no EUI version of CBP.

Okay, I'm thinking that I'm going to need to get both EUI and CBP to include support for Dynamic 2D Leaderscenes baked into their LeaderHeadRoot files. In the meantime, you can just merge the changes from my LeaderHeadRoot.xml into theirs. You don't need to do anything with LeaderHeadRoot.lua.

Hooray! I finally figured out how to merge the changes! Turns out there were two lines buried in the diplomacy buttons section that needed to be replaced in addition to the obvious three lines at the top of the file. [party]

And then the issue is fixed the very next day. :undecide: :p

I think I might have found some sort of mod conflict here. When I was using this mod with TPangolin's Australia Civ, the Civilopedia was messed up.

Here's the part from the Lua.log file:
Code:
[25488.828] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1)\Lua\Replacements\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7198: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1)\Lua\Replacements\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7198: in function 'DisplayList'
	C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1)\Lua\Replacements\CivilopediaScreen.lua:273: in function 'SetSelectedCategory'
	C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1)\Lua\Replacements\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7758: in function <C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1)\Lua\Replacements\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7745>

Here's the mods I used:
[30086.156] MapLabels: Installed mods:
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: [BNW] - Colonialist Legacies - Australia (v 3) 03934433-eafb-4ec5-a481-ed72a16b1990
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Quick Turns (v 10) 0410e638-98da-4d02-930a-daf4c3a120ef
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Hyperdimension Neptunia - Noire CIV [BNW] (v 2) 09897571-142e-422a-938b-34ecfa93398c
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Ingame Editor (v 39) 170c8ed1-b516-4fe2-b571-befeac39d220
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Hyperdimension Neptunia - Lastation mk2 (v 3) 2ac21d6c-88fb-4545-b88c-9e7438c26628
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 3) 31a31d1c-b9d7-45e1-842c-23232d66cd47
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Really Advanced Setup (v 15) 34feb829-33fb-4241-956f-462e6877e070
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Super Mario Bros. - The Koopa Troop (v 2) 4856ae03-dde5-43bd-8afc-ad98e6c25352
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101) 69a59cfc-6df8-4e46-9d81-de551804925d
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Hyperdimension Neptunia - Core Files (v 1) 7790caac-36b6-4748-beeb-0a3fbba8b863
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: JFD's The Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont (v 1) 8c4344a8-5539-4e28-bf67-35bdb2b0d57a
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Music Changer (v 2) c12bdc20-b6f7-4547-a9b8-f6ac4c1bcfeb
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Spongebob Squarepants: Mr. Krabs and the Krusty Krab Civilization (BNW Only) (v 5) d29ccc5e-53d8-47e3-9215-d58183f04f7e
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: JFD's The Dominion of New Zealand (v 1) e2c1842b-c584-4364-b449-80aa2f93a5aa
[30086.187] MapLabels: *ENABLED: Map Labels (v 6) e576894a-ed2b-4033-be14-ed1c8ceb81d3

The Nep Core File uses JFD's New Civilopedia to group all the leaders of one country together under one country's entry. I'd recommend reporting the problem to him; when it's updated I will put the new version in my mod.

Wow, I had a fun partial game with Neptune. It was only partial cause i got distracted with the how powerful Purple Heart was when i first went into HDD. Lost my capital to Atilla :sad:

Lol at the Doogo knight. Except I didn't quite get the shares system.

Wow, I had a fun partial game with Neptune. It was only partial cause i got distracted with the how powerful Purple Heart was when i first went into HDD. Lost my capital to Atilla :sad:

You should've just given him the yearly tribute of Pudding he demanded. :mischief:

Lol at the Doogo knight. Except I didn't quite get the shares system.

Shares are explained by a help popup in-game. It's in the diplocorner (the scroll icon beside your diplomacy buttons).

Does activating HDD with Neptune un-puppet all her cities? I see that the NoAnnex trait is only on Neptune (not Purple Heart), and in every game I ran with her (game hangs on start every time I try to actually play as her), she never transformed (neither did anyone else though).

Also, is screen supposed to flash red after every Leader screen? It goes great with Blanc's angry face (denouncing?) screen.

Does activating HDD with Neptune un-puppet all her cities? I see that the NoAnnex trait is only on Neptune (not Purple Heart), and in every game I ran with her (game hangs on start every time I try to actually play as her), she never transformed (neither did anyone else though).

It doesn't automatically un-puppet them, but it does allow no-restrictions-asked annexing of any city by choice. Upon reverting to Neptune, any City which doesn't have a completed Side Quest becomes re-puppeted.

I'm wondering if the Neps need a difficulty-based handicap to give them more Shares if they're played by AIs. Probably just need to rethink their logic, though. Neptune's logic is more detailed than the others so far, but it could still use work. Will need some AI game testing.

Also, is screen supposed to flash red after every Leader screen? It goes great with Blanc's angry face (denouncing?) screen.

I think this is just a side effect of the background texture being unloaded as the screen closes.

Yay for new Planeptune under Nep being out. bugs with the CBP tho huh? that's too bad :(

Gazebo has a fix for the main problem she has coming down the pipeline. Probably with Neptune's next update and CBP's next update, it'll work without issue.

Sorry to bother but, could you please explain how did you get Cole (from the City of Heroes mod) trait to work?

I tried to borrow the code but, for some reason, it ended up with an error like this

Code:
[54782.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Elderan Civilization (v 10)\LUA\VictoryToStr.lua:9: attempt to index global 'tTraits' (a nil value)

._.

Sorry to bother but, could you please explain how did you get Cole (from the City of Heroes mod) trait to work?

I tried to borrow the code but, for some reason, it ended up with an error like this

Code:
[54782.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Elderan Civilization (v 10)\LUA\VictoryToStr.lua:9: attempt to index global 'tTraits' (a nil value)

._.

tTraits caches stuff from the <Traits> table since that was in my "I want all of my Civs' trait variables to be XML/SQL-editable" phase.

You could move the iStrengthBonus variable outside the function and set it to whatever value you want (200 is what Cole is set to), and just make sure you put a Civilization check line ("if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_INSERT_NAME_HERE") in the function instead so it only runs for your own Civ.

tTraits caches stuff from the <Traits> table since that was in my "I want all of my Civs' trait variables to be XML/SQL-editable" phase.

You could move the iStrengthBonus variable outside the function and set it to whatever value you want (200 is what Cole is set to), and just make sure you put a Civilization check line ("if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_INSERT_NAME_HERE") in the function instead so it only runs for your own Civ.

Would it conflict if the same was added in another mod?

Edit: Nevermind, I will test it myself. And thank you for your help!

Top Bottom