Deadline for GOTM2?

LordRahl

The Objectivist
What's the deadline for GOTM2 submission? Thanks.

What's the deadline for GOTM2 submission? Thanks.
We will start putting results together around the 20th of October. I see in the last game, Alan was still adding results past the two weeks.

Please remember that the training series is a bit more informal. We are trying to get a new game out every two weeks or so.

Hope that helps. :)

I continued to add results to the list for the first game because there were a lot of new players coming to the concept.

I'll be less accommodating for this game. We'll close the shutters at midnight on 20 October at the International Date Line. That's 11:00 am on 21 October UTC/GMT.

Could it be more accommodating with a second cut off where the results are updated a couple of weeks after. I am trying to get into the GOTM as could never find the time previously (family, work and exams combined). I started this a week late but even with two weeks I am still five turns off building the Apollo programme.

Its annoying me as the AI refuses to understand its own weaknesses and keeps attacking me (Aztec and England have been wiped out for this, and France should follow). The land is useful but the wars do slow the game down in real time. Now if like some others I had just gone for a domination victory this would be over and done with by now.

This is not GOTM 2. It isn't a serious competition, it is just a training game to help you and us to gain experience of the game mechanics. There are no awards, and the playing field is absolutely not level, because later players have the benefit of knowing what previous results have been achieved, and what the map looks like.

By all means finish your game and post your results so that you can see how you compare. Your end date/turn, final score, and time spent are all available to you when you finish the game, so you will be able to compare them with the published results. I don't plan to tabulate any more posted results, as (a) results become even less comparable as time goes on, and (b) it's quite labour intensive currently until I get an automated submission system set up.

No worries, have done and I am quite happy that I would be about two thirds of the way down the leaderboard (given at one point I was playing for a last stand).

Top Bottom