Polish Empire Mod

zjb

Chieftain

Introduction

I would like to announce Polish Empire Mod for Civilization 5. It is based on long discussion on civ.org.pl (http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.php?TopicID=8972&page=0). We wanted to give you the opportunity to learn a bit about different periods in Polish history, therefore it consist already of three different leaders (and more comming soon). Each of them got special trait and unit characteristic for his era. All the graphics were exclusively prepared for this modifications. The units (Hussars and Uhlans) were converted from Polish Empire mod for Civilization 4 (published by civ.org.pl as well). I hope you will enjoy playing this modification. For more information visit: http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.php?TopicID=8972&page=0 (Polish) or civ.fiz.proste.pl (English).

Components

This modification includes:
- 3 leaders (Sobieski, Pilsudski and Jagiello)
- 2 special units (Polish Hussars, Polish Uhlans both with models converted from civ4)
- 1 special building (Polish Sejmik)
- 3 unique traits (Scutum Sobiescianum, Miracle at the Vistula and The Commonwealth)

Instalation

Download "Polish Empire", "Pilsudski for Polish Empire" and "Jagiello for Polish Empire" via previously mentioned links or modbrowser (not recommended) and select:
- Polish Empire Mod - to play Sobieski with Scutum Sobiescianum, Polish Hussars and Polish Sejmik
- Polish Empire Mod + Pilsudski for Polish Empire - to play Pilsudski with Miracle at the Vistula and Polish Uhlans
- Polish Empire Mod + Jagiello for Polish Empire - to play Jagiello with The Commonwealth, Polish Hussars and Polish Sejmik

If you use modbrowser to donwload this mod, please install it manually (7zip) otherwise you will loose the ability to switch between leaders (whatever you select you will play always as Sobieski).

Bonuses provided by particular units and/or traits won't be described here - it is left for players to discover. Don't try to select Jagiello and Pilsudski together - this may lead to unexpected behavior of this modification.

If you want to play against Poland - switch UseScreenShots to "1" in GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini (or GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini) otherwise the diplomacy screen may be dissapointing for you.

Special thanks to Kael, Deliverator and Lemmy from civfanatics and all Polish fans of Civilization (civ.org.pl).

Some screenshots

Congratulations for top quality arts. Intro screen is really impressive :goodjob:

I just wonder how diplo screen (if any) works and shows in game. Thanks

Congratulations for top quality arts. Intro screen is really impressive :goodjob:

I just wonder how diplo screen (if any) works and shows in game. Thanks

Only 2D, static images for a moment (same as on "Dawn of Man" screen). Therefore it is not recommended to play against Poland :)

I asked about diplo screen because, afaik, 2D (static) and 3D (animated) diplo screen don't work at the same time. Is it still true? If not, I'll download your mod to learn how you realized it ;)

Well, I've installed the mod and I have two questions about:

1) I noticed a Bogurodzica2.mp3 file that isn't working at all. Do you confirm it?

2) Playing a duel map against Sobievsky, in the diplo screen Napoleon appears instead. Do you confirm it?

Well, I've installed the mod and I have two questions about:

1) I noticed a Bogurodzica2.mp3 file that isn't working at all. Do you confirm it?

2) Playing a duel map against Sobievsky, in the diplo screen Napoleon appears instead. Do you confirm it?

1) It requires a few manual modifications in orginal civ files unfortunatelly. I won't explain anything right now since we are still working on the music (Bogurodzica would fit to Jagiello and Sobieski but certainly not to Pilsudski).

2) Explained in the first post:
If you want to play against Poland - switch UseScreenShots to "1" in GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini (or GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini) otherwise the diplomacy screen may be dissapointing for you.

It is exactly like you mentioned in your previous post. And yes, I was waiting with the response to make you install this mod :)

What do their unique units and buildings replace and what abilities do they have?

Could you change civ icon to more civ5 like?

Attachments

• PLCIV.jpg
    PLCIV.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 361
  • PLCIV-pdn.rar
    52.2 KB · Views: 344
Top Bottom