Lord of the Rings Civ Pack Part 1: Rohan

Alrighty, I can do that.

I wanted to do orcs of the misty mountains, but I don't think they really had any cities :( (except Goblin-Town, Moria if you consider that THEIR city, possibly the names of the mountains?)

EDIT: You should also make a new white image for the new Rohan civ icon

Hi!

Here some Gondor design ideas.

--

Semprini

Attachments

• Gondor_prev.jpg
    Gondor_prev.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 214
I wanted to do orcs of the misty mountains, but I don't think they really had any cities :( (except Moria if you consider that THEIR city, possibly the names of the mountains?)

EDIT: You should also make a new white image for the new Rohan civ icon

No real leaders (There was a goblin called the Great Goblin, but almost nothing was known about him), no actual cities, no unique units (just a rabble of mindless orcs)... nice, but not really possible. Angmar was the real terror of the Misty Mountains anyway, the orcs and goblins that lived there afterwards were mere remnants. And yeah, if Semprini could do that that would be brilliant.

Here some Gondor design ideas.

The leader and civ icons are good, although I really wanted the Gondor icon in dark green not blue. The Palarran is good. The Ranger of ithilien... it's a bit too obvious that it's just the archer recoloured, it looks slightly like an alien. The Guard of the Citadel should really have a long black cloak and no visivbe skin (apart from the face) but otherwise it's good!

Whats the UU from Isengard?

Dunlending Tribesman

I'd say either Durin VII or Dain II Ironfoot (Because it'd be nice if the leader was around somewhere near the time of the Ring) , but there some others. You can read about them (and other important dwarves) here: http://www.tuckborough.net/dwarves.html

I'd say either Durin VII or Dain II Ironfoot (Because it'd be nice if the leader was around somewhere near the time of the Ring) , but there some others. You can read about them (and other important dwarves) here: http://www.tuckborough.net/dwarves.html

Yeah, I was thinking Dain Ironfoot. I even found a decent image of him that hopefully Semprini would be willing to improve a bit. Originally I had the idea of using Durin I (the deathless) but not enough is known about him. The same goes for Durin VII

By the way, I'm thinking of making a forum group for all of the people (not many at the moment, but getting more) who are helping with this project, where we could discuss ideas, art, what needs doing etc... without spamming this thread and others.

Here some Isengard ideas and a new Ranger of ithilien

regards,

Semprini

Attachments

• Isengard_prev.jpg
    Isengard_prev.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Gondor_prev.jpg
    Gondor_prev.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 166
The Ithilien Ranger looks fantastic now, but my one complaint about Isengard, I think the wargs should have a rider since the UU is the warg rider (at least I thought it was). But if I'm wrong, then forget what I just said. Anyways, nice work!

And I got the invite for the new group, but you should probably put something on it.

Here you dark green Gondor!

I will start to make the DDS files.

Could you send the list with the others civ with special units and buldings?

abs,

Semprini

Attachments

• Gondor_prev.jpg
    Gondor_prev.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 20,861
Here you dark green Gondor!

I will start to make the DDS files.

Could you send the list with the others civ with special units and buldings?

abs,

Semprini

It's not fully planned yet, I've been taking a bit of a break. I do know a few things though:
The Mordor icon will be the red eye
Sam Gamgee will be the leader of the shire
Sauron will be the leader of Mordor obviously, not sure if I want him as an eye or a person yet, probably an eye

And thanks for the new icon, looks great!

Ok well for dwarves we should have a dwarf axethrower (They were lightly armored, but still wore a helmet like all warriors; they used throwing axes, obviously), dwarf guardian (They used axes, swords, and were heavily armored) , and a building to do with mining or smithing. (couldn't think of one).
The UA should be something like '+1 production from mines and double sources of iron, gold, silver, gems, and coal.' (everything that was in middle-earth, incase I forgot anything)
The Leader should be Dain II, Ironfoot.
Flag could be the Durin's Crown (Crown with 7 stars around it, as seen on the gate to Moria)
For Cities, they settled in Belegost, The Blue Mountains, Glittering Caves, Grey Mountains, Iron Hills, Lonely Mountains, Khazad-dum, Nogrod, and Orocarni.

For Mordor we should have an Orc Warrior, a Troll of some kind (My idea for them is to replace a catapult, but have only 1 range (if its a cave or mountain troll), or just be very hard to kill and start with Cover 2 promotion (If attack troll)), and a Nazgul.
UA should be something like 'all units 25% cheaper'
The leader should be Sauron (obviously) I can't decide if I'd like him directly or the eye better.
Flag should be the Eye (also obviously)
For cities, I have no clue (Probably just parts of Mordor).

Top Bottom