[FFH] - Erebus in the Balance

darrelljs

Immortal
Sareln at Realms Beyond has worked on a balance mod for multiplayer FFH, that works equally well IMO for single player. This succession game is mostly to have fun but also to introduce the mod to CFC :). Let's start discussing settings, here is my proposal:

Map Script: Fractal
Sea Level: Low
Game Speed: Quick
Turn length: 30/20/10/10/etc.
Difficulty: Emperor
Civilization: Amurites
Leader: Valledia
World Size: Standard
Opponents: Seven
Options: Challenge: Increasing Difficulty
Version: EitB v0008

None of these are set in stone, just putting something out there to get us started. I was actually thinking of Normal speed, but I doubt anyone else would be interested in that. Here is the roster:

Roster (In order)
Ilios
Mardoc
Gaspar
Darrell
Ichabod

Darrell

I'm fine with Fractal, as long as the map generator doesn't place us on our own continent. :)

I don't mind game speed, as long as it's not Marathon.

Otherwise settings look fine to me. :D

Mostly I can agree to your proposal. I would, however, like to propose we take a mapscript with more than one continent, so we can try out non-OO naval warfare on top of everything else. This probably calls for one Lanun civilization as an opponent, to make sure we have someone to fight. Edit: Maybe I don't remember Fractal that well. If it already does what I'm asking, then keep it.

I'm tempted by Normal - but I've been playing Quick too long, my reflexes and mental math would all be wrong.

What does 'Increasing Difficulty' do, exactly? Maybe Emperor is enough with the Tholal AI buffs?

Edit: Ilios, what are you doing up?

What does 'Increasing Difficulty' do, exactly? Maybe Emperor is enough with the Tholal AI buffs?

Increasing Difficulty does just that. The game starts at Emperor, then on to Immortal, then Deity. This avoids us having to compete with the massive bonuses the AI starts with on Deity.

Edit: Ilios, what are you doing up?

I know! :cry:

Oh, we forgot about Acheron, Orthus, Huts and Lairs.

We don't really have to worry about balance, so I vote all on except Huts.

And on further thought, I'd be fine with backing off to Normal speed.

Increasing Difficulty does just that. The game starts at Emperor, then on to Immortal, then Deity. This avoids us having to compete with the massive bonuses the AI starts with on Deity.
I'm fine with that.

Man its weird seeing your guys names on a non-mossy green background. ;)

I'd say throw everything on, we're aiming for some variety. Definitely prefer Quick, simply because I haven't played a normal speed FFH game in a bazillion years. And um, continents sounds good. I'm curious to see how badly the AI performs by itself. ;)

Oh, and can we turn off Tech Trading without gimping the AI too much? Suppose it doesn't really matter that much to me one way or another.

Probably best to leave Acheron (and all the SOI nonsense) out of the game.

Orthus needs to be banned in an MP game, but might be ok for a SP succession game.

Huts and Lairs? I'd say "on". But don't blame me when your worker gets killed by a barb lizard. :p

Also, why didn't we start this thread in the FFH section?

Darrell and I tossed a coin, then he did whatever he felt like. ;)

Didn't seem obvious where this belonged, really. There's no FFH succession games section. (yet?)

Anyway, it seems like we're basically in agreement - so it's the pillow for me. See you all in the morning. This is gonna be good :goodjob:

Man its weird seeing your guys names on a non-mossy green background. ;)

+1
I'd say throw everything on, we're aiming for some variety. Definitely prefer Quick, simply because I haven't played a normal speed FFH game in a bazillion years. And um, continents sounds good. I'm curious to see how badly the AI performs by itself. ;)

Oh, and can we turn off Tech Trading without gimping the AI too much? Suppose it doesn't really matter that much to me one way or another.

No TT isn't as big a deal in FFH as it is in BTS....you won't be able to abuse TT as much and the AIs aren't as willing to trade with each other as they are in BTS.

Yup!

We could do that.

Also, why didn't we start this thread in the FFH section?

:) Here works. This is a succession game after all. ;)

BTW: Is it just me, or has anyone else been getting a lot of "server is too busy" messages on RB over the last couple of days?

Last couple of weeks really. We'll need to prod someone again.

Alright, I'm going to roll a couple of starts, and we'll choose one.

Save 1:

Nothing special...

Save 2:

Might be too strong...

Save 3:

I like this one.

Save 3 looks good to me, I like wet Corn and plains river Incense :goodjob:. All that forest kind of sucks but we can handle it.

Darrell

P.S. I randomized the turn order and we have Ilios (okay I fixed that one since Mr. Insomnia rolled the start), Mardoc, Gaspar, Darrell.

For your info, I removed Acheron, as I tend to find him more annoying than interesting in my Single player games. Orthus is in, huts are off, but Lairs are on.

Quick Speed seemed to be the preferred setting.

I also made sure there are at least 2 Good, 2 Neutral and 2 Evil AI's.

I agree, Start 3 is my preferred one. Not too hot or too cold. I do hope Mining and lots'o'workers are in the plans, though. :)

Alright, we'll wait for Gaspar to chime in.

In the meantime, I'll try to put something together concerning the specific changes to Valledia and the Amurites.

Hurrah, things are up and running! Looking forward to the randomness of this one :)

Edit: :lol: I'm getting my EitB threads mixed up! Still, i'll lurk with much interest here!

Top Bottom