Australia - Land Down Under

Tigerpaws

Chieftain

This mod adds Australia civ to CIV 5

UU :: Aboriginal Hunter
Special Promotion :: Stealth - 30% withdrawal chance before a melee attack
Special Promotion :: Indirect Fire

UB :: Trading Port
Forms a Trade Route with the Capital over water. +2 Production and +1 Gold from Sea Resources worked by this City. City must be built on the coast.

Trait :: Extreme Exploring
No terrain movement penalty into any tile with Hills or Rivers.

Available in German 100%
Available in Russian 80%

Spoiler, CIV Attributes
Spoiler :

Spaceship stat will be changed from 8 to 2 in a future update

Spreadsheet available here by jpbar81 but without Chifley

Pics
Spoiler :

Guys this should work fine in Vanilla, would really love to hear some feedback that its all good to go for vanilla.

And even just the way it is for G&K a little feedback be great too :)

Nothing special just a single civ, its in the process of being translated in German and Russian

Isn't the UU OP? It looks like a super Slinger, not counting the fact that, when upgraded, the Indirect Fire promotion, combined with all the other traits make this unit extremely OP.

Hi ArnoldI

Jaguar does get 3 promotions. one at a similar rank being "Heals 25 Damage If Kills a Unit"

The Aboriginal hunter is weaker then a archer, combat at 4

A couple of mates went toe to toe, Aztecs vs Australia. Once each had 8 units each, they one choose to defend and one attacked and then vice versa. Aztecs rocked the aussies fairly well, but depends on where your 2nd city is but a general rule aztecs do a good job. If up against say Alexander, yes its a little later unit, but say you got 3-5 Aboriginal hunters a worrier and a horseman or so, and he has around 8 Hoplites and other armies, you can kiss good bye to your non capital city.

The other thing it probably depends how you play, but at marathon, say pangea, large world with max civs at 22 and a difficulty King+, it only takes you the first civ to defeat to have that rank of indirect fire, and same for the "Heals 25 Damage If Kills a Unit" on your units like the Aztecs have on there Jaguar's

Have you tried the mod?

If you really feel its overpowered, Brian mentioned he's more then happy to make changes if its supported

Could add a negative promotion
No defensive terrain bonus
Penalty on Defence

Could decrease withdrawal chance before a melee attack to 15%?

And a bit of civ info that most might not get around to finding out, WARNING SPOILER
Spoiler :

I like this civ but it could be improved. These are just my ideas, I'm sure you have some of your own.

first off a civ needs to have a theme for it. Australia seems to have a neat theme going for them. Your UA give them an advantage on rough terrain, making attacking easier since you won't be slowed down as much.

Second is their ability to be effective in naval maps. I played an archipelago map, and picked god of the sea for an extra production from fishing boats. This stacks with your UB, making all fishing boats give +3 production. All of a sudden i had a ton of production which I used to build a navy and wage war on the Canadians.

The UB is really strong on naval maps, perhaps even too good. It's easy to get a lot of production fast. I built a new city and got it off to a good start. I moved two workers a great engineer and improved 3 fish resources. Between the hills I improved the Manufatory and the fishing boats I had a new city with 15 production. This is something you may want to check out.

Third is the UU.

I don't think it fits. Your civ. Since Australia is a modern civ, the UU should be a more modern unit. My idea is the ANZAC, an infantry unit that fought overseas in WW1 and WW2. Sticking with the theme, it should have a bonus in rough terrain, or be able to move through rough terrain without trouble. I guess it would replace the GWI.

fourth is a better into. I don't know who Chifley is, I think your intro should explain him and his accomplishments, as well and explaining the civ to players.

fifth: Leader personality. Major Kudos to you for giving the stats for all this traits it makes it easy to see what he should do as an AI. Since Chifley is so good on naval maps, he should have a large focus on building a navy. As for a warmonger, he sometimes declares war and other times he passive. Not horrible like Attila. Other than that it's fine. I just really see this as a naval civ or a civ that is good at invasions in rough terrain, or perhaps even from the sea.

Last is better art. This mod needs a good leader head and artwork for it's UU and leader screen, as well as a better icon. The artwork is what makes a modded civ popular and catchy. Of course art is nothing if the other parts stink.

This is a really good mod and with some polish it could really shine. Make all his abilities work together and then make the AI play the civ to his strengths. This (plus good artwork) makes a civ good.

Top Bottom