Awesome - I get Buttercup's luck!

walletta

King
Sorry Buttercup. They say these things even out in the long run but, as Keynes said, in the long run we'll all be dead:D

50AD playing the Ottomans and I've just picked up my 5th great leader - 3 scientific and 2 military. LOL. Is this a record?

Far from that. Bamspeedy got about 5 military leaders in one turn. That happens at higher difficulty settings when the AI produces enough units to keep your soldiers busy. As for SGL they are more random and limited to about 20 techs per era at a chance of no more than 5% per tech. So getting 3 of them by 50 AD is certainly above average, but not so unusual either.

Sorry walletta, but Not really a record..... ;-)
As for the MGLs there have been many better records. In fact in a recent gotm with the Celts Lanzelot and myself got 4 of them till around 100AD and that was Regent. The SGLs is unusual but most of the 20k wins in the HoF have at least these greater numbers of SGLs.

And Buttercup is generally unlucky (as far as I remember he had the AI land an actual attack force in a game) . I'm waiting for his comment.......
:p

Far from that. Bamspeedy got about 5 military leaders in one turn. That happens at higher difficulty settings when the AI produces enough units to keep your soldiers busy. As for SGL they are more random and limited to about 20 techs per era at a chance of no more than 5% per tech. So getting 3 of them by 50 AD is certainly above average, but not so unusual either.

Sorry walletta, but Not really a record..... ;-)
As for the MGLs there have been many better records. In fact in a recent gotm with the Celts Lanzelot and myself got 4 of them till around 100AD and that was Regent. The SGLs is unusual but most of the 20k wins in the HoF have at least these greater numbers of SGLs.

And Buttercup is generally unlucky (as far as I remember he had the AI land an actual attack force in a game) . I'm waiting for his comment.......
:p
Curses! Immortality eludes me again! :sad:

I know how you feel! I had 2 SGLs in my current game, perfectly timed for Pyramids just before Republic and then for The Temple Of Artemis (a huge boon for Raging Barbarians on rocky worlds) just after completing the Great Lighthouse! I honestly couldn't have planned it better myself :)

I know how you feel! I had 2 SGLs in my current game, perfectly timed for Pyramids just before Republic and then for The Temple Of Artemis (a huge boon for Raging Barbarians on rocky worlds) just after completing the Great Lighthouse! I honestly couldn't have planned it better myself :)

So the Gods do smile on you occasionally then?

Yeah, as has been said far from a record, but the RNG gods are definitely on your side. :D

Top Bottom