[BTS] Ethnically Diverse Units v3.0

Impaler[WrG];5734506 said:
This looks to be just activation of 'Lost' BtS EDU contents (thus this download should be xml only), ...

There are some graphic files in the download. I suppose updates on what is in the BtS disc.

There are some graphic files in the download. I suppose updates on what is in the BtS disc.
Yeah, these are just minor updates/fixes to some of the units. For the most part they're not even noticeable unless you know what you're looking for. I just thought that since I already went through the trouble of fixing them, might as well add them to the mod. :)

Yes! Thank you :) I know the game will look MUCH better now :)
Glad you like it :thumbsup:

There's a elephant unit bug in the mod, White Rabbit.
It seems the entries for the european elephant are missing in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml

There's a elephant unit bug in the mod, White Rabbit.
It seems the entries for the european elephant are missing in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
You are correct, I totally forgot him.

I've updated the mod with the fixed XML and put up a new screenshot that shows the elephant.

So.. Why were so many of the units dropped from the final release of BtS?

I'll have to say, the EDU team really did a bang up job! :goodjob: It's a pity so much of it has been hidden.

So.. Why were so many of the units dropped from the final release of BtS?

I'll have to say, the EDU team really did a bang up job! :goodjob: It's a pity so much of it has been hidden.

Lack of time, the lead artist have to review all the units before they get included and he didin't have tim to review all.

Lack of time, the lead artist have to review all the units before they get included and he didin't have tim to review all.

Oh! Well, that makes sense then :) (I know these kind of situations often come about as a result of time constraints, but it seemed a bit weird in this case, when all the units were right there on disc anyway.)

One question, Rabbit: will the African and later styles use art from the forums like in the previous EDU, or will it include specially-made art by the EDU team?
It'll depend on the units. Some will be made, some will be taken from the forums and some might be a combination of both.

Good work. :)

Yeah, the shield carries the flag pattern/color. It's a new shader they added in BTS, it's used in the Charlemagne scenario. Unfortunately there was no update to the max plugin that would include this new shader, which means the only way to take advantage of it so far, that I could find, is reusing the shields from those units in the scenario that use that shader.

On this note, the shader also appears on the regular knight in-game, at least the European on with the lance if it is by default Ethnically diverse..

I also noticed you and your team were in the Credits in the Manual! :goodjob:

Whom ever did the Civ4UnitInfo file could they please not use the square boxes anymore, this stuff is WAY to hard to read or use!! thx

I noticed that too.:)

If you open it up in wordpad, it looks fine. Is it alright to edit xml files in wordpad?

Whom ever did the Civ4UnitInfo file could they please not use the square boxes anymore, this stuff is WAY to hard to read or use!! thx
I noticed that too.:)

If you open it up in wordpad, it looks fine. Is it alright to edit xml files in wordpad?
If you're seeing square boxes then my guess is you're seeing the tab character in an editor that doesn't understand it, so for the love of all that's pure and good I will ask you a favor - do not use notepad to edit these files. :)

XML files are just simple text files so theoretically one should be able to use them in notepad but the fact is that people like to use code-like structure when writing them, and that requires the use of tab.

As far as opening them in wordpad it should be fine as long as it doesn't put any weird symbols in there. However, I strongly recommend using something like notepad++, just google it, it's a quick download, light program, got tabs and displays XML in a readable format. :goodjob:

Good work. :)

On this note, the shader also appears on the regular knight in-game, at least the European on with the lance if it is by default Ethnically diverse..

I also noticed you and your team were in the Credits in the Manual! :goodjob:
The knight with the lance is from Charlemagne scenario and also features a shield with that shader.

And yeah I got a huge kick out of seeing my name in the manual. :D :banana:

does this mod include also the units from next war? the futuristic mech and cyborg units??
Nope.

The knight with the lance is from Charlemagne scenario and also features a shield with that shader.

And yeah I got a huge kick out of seeing my name in the manual. :D :banana:
Nope.

They must have used the same graphics as I saw this knight in the normal game (Well with the Next war tacked on).. And I actually haven't got around to playing the Charlemagne scenario, been having a bit of trouble with my PC.

It sure would be cool having a Firaxis (Or anyone for that matter) list your name in there manual. :p

Top Bottom