Short fun game (immortal)

I don't like the idea of restricting resources much tbh.

No granaries doesn't sound that interesting to me either as it just slows us down a bit but doesn't require special thinking or unusual strategy...

Both these restrictions just force us to have smaller cities... to me this is much less fun compared to gameplay restrictions like no whipping/drafting. I'm fine though with whatever the team decides :)

ICS, ICS... that was my first ever SG (remember, shyuhe? :high5:). I wouldn't mind such a game but it does mean a lot of MM... it's fun (especially the minimap) and it's perfectly doable on immortal (as we've proved hehe).

I still stick with OCC conquest... warring is fun andwe don't need much MM, turns should fly by quickly in the beginning at least. I really like shyuhe's idea of giving some settled MA to the AIs - will make up for more spice, hehe ;)

Well, I like the happy or health a lot more than OCC conquest. Probably slight preference to happy after some more thought. I'm ok with playing anything the team can agree on, though. Looks like we're about 50:50 between these two now?

Not that this is really related, but Civ 5's been announced for the fall :D So that means about 7-9 more months of Civ 4 before we start switching over! I hate how those hexes look though...

I'll roll up a start this weekend. I'm thinking of putting the variant rules as:

We are not allowed to benefit from any happy or health resource. We may connect them but we must immediately trade them away that same turn. We are also not allowed to use HR. There will NOT be any restrictions on health buildings though. So our Globe and NP cities will probably be our best cities in this game. And I think we'll have more uses than normal for civics like nationhood, environmentalism, and free religion.

Map settings will be immortal, continents/pangaea (preference?), otherwise standard settings. I'm open to suggestions on leaders, but will default to Asoka unless I hear otherwise (hint hint).

Sounds good.

Leader: I'd vote Justinian. I think SPI is the best trait, for usual benefits + cheap temple happy. IMP could also be good, since we might want to expand more aggressively (not sure about this). He also conveniently gets a +1 :) from a cheap and relatively early UB. Asoka is really solid for this, too - he'd probably be my second choice, so no complaints there.

Map: don't care. I think I have a slight preference for fractal or continents over single land-masses.

Civ5: Haven't seen anything yet... I'll go check it out now. :eekdance:

Nice set up Shyuhe! Is rep from Pyramids allowed? I think we should, seeing as the wonder is costly... and it is only for few cities.

Map: any will do... continents usually makes for a longer game.

I am good with Ashoka or Justi (city spam :D)!

Can't wait the first civ 5 SG!

Is rep from Pyramids allowed?
Don't see why not. It's an expensive early wonder without stone... I was actually really looking forward to the discussion on whether we wanna pursue it or not. :)

The thing about continents vs. single land mass map is that we'll probably wanna unload resources and more early trading partners helps us along. Happy resources tend to come in bunches... I really hope we roll a 3-riverside-gems BFC in semi-isolation. :D

On second thought, maybe pangaea or inland sea is better. No sense getting involved in a long and tedious game, IMO.

Top Bottom