Venice Game

Absolutely loving Venice too, they fit my style so well and the double trade routes translate to everything, double religious pressure, double science gain, double internal food and hammers... The Great Rapeasses are sturdy and costs only 340 gold after the commerce discount policy, I was buying it every turn from Venice that had Morale and a barrack, meaning it had 23 ranged strength and 20 melee strength plus 30 ranged strength against land units. Took out England with them that had twice the score as I did, they were 2 techs behind SOL.

Venice seems like more of a gamble than Spain, IMO.

First off, you need a good/great/amazing capital, if your capital sucks you might as well retire from the game right then.

Second off, you need 2-3 CS's within 4-6 tiles of your borders or somewhere equally easy to defend. Defending against Shaka's Impi when your cities are all spread out is near impossible.

Lastly, your trade routes need to be in range of other civs, and with that share the same ocean/coast/landmass. You'll also need to build enough defensive units to protect your trade routes.

I honestly don't know how you're supposed to win on higher difficulties without the luckiest map rolls.

Your first point is what I am feeling my current MP-coop game. I have no religion and my location is only average. I am also in last place. I will keep at it, though, as my coop Fam certainly doesn't want to "flip the board".

Marc

I actually got a pretty good game on Immortal as Venice finally. And may I just say that using MoV's to buy militaristic CS's is AMAZING. Easily tripled my military each time. :lol:

I was able to take out Carthage (who had all coastal cities) pretty early, hold off William's assault on the other side of the isthmus I control, and maintain friendly relationships with Kamehameha to the south. I'm surprised I haven't fallen behind much in research, I'm only generating like 150 per turn in the industrial era, but I guess my gold output makes up for that.

Top Bottom