On again, off again interface

Cinnabar

Chieftain
So I just installed the 3.19 patch (and updated the FfH, Bug and HOF mods). Now, when I load Age of Ice (and possibly other scenarios), I don't see the interface. I can save the game (using ctrl-s) and reload it (ctrl-l), and the interface reappears, so -- if this continues to work -- it's more an annoyance than a disaster, but it would be nice to see the interface every time I load the game. Does anyone else have any idea what's going on here? (Windows XP, by the way, not Vista.)

Thanks!

<Alt-I> toggles the game interface. I don't know why the interface isn't there when you start the game, but maybe you can toggle it on without having to save and reload.

(and updated the FfH, Bug and HOF mods)

Have you installed BUG via CustomAssets? If you have, this will cause issues since both BUG and Age of Ice modify the game interface files.

The easiest way to solve this is to go into your FfH Age of Ice.ini file and set:

Code:
; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

To 1. This should block content from CustomAssets being loaded.

This may or may not be the issue, but people have had it in the past.

Have you installed BUG via CustomAssets? If you have, this will cause issues since both BUG and Age of Ice modify the game interface files.

The easiest way to solve this is to go into your FfH Age of Ice.ini file and set:

Code:
NoCustomArt = 0

NoCustomAssets = 0

The .ini files were already set to 1, so that didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling BUG as an optional mod did. So I'm happy again.... at least for now. :mischief:

Just wanted to state I've the same problem with BUG 4.1 - no ui in BTS content like Age of Ice, final frontier ect.

De-installing BUG did the trick - you might also have to remove the custom assets folder form the my documents/my games/bts folder but that depends on what's installed there.

Finally got around to giving Age of Ice a try after so long. So far its good!

Same issue with 3.17 BTS on Mac OSX, no other mods. Saving/Reloading isn't helping either.

Code:
NoCustomArt = 0

NoCustomAssets = 0

This didn't helped me, too. Although I set '0' to '1'. To bad that the only way to play BtS content is by deleting the Bug mod.

Unfortunately, save-load technique doesn't help. (at least) Technology screen remains broken. :(

Top Bottom