Took me 5 restarts on Monarch to build every Wonder

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Wah - Hey !!!!

I kept messing up on my first attempts by trying to get Smelting first for a forge, but it takes too long and I cant get the wonders up before the AI.

I love this super city you can build in this game, now I just need to get more animals after I get Rangers to improve it with more stuff.

Spoiler below for research path and hints if needed, as I found this very hard to get done on Monarch:

Spoiler :

Agriculture
Mining
Animal Husbandry
Writing
Ancient Charts
Mysticism
Mathematics
Construction
Engineering
Medicine
Bronze Working (Chop the two forrests for the Tomb)

Getting the Codex Edda is still tricky, from the first turn you should train Worker > Settler > Warrior > Codex Edda for the best chance at getting it, but may still be beat by two or three turns (Settle second city above the wheat of course). I was able to keep both cities defended with two heavilly upgraded warriors in each, plus Epona in my capital and two Skeletons in the wheat city. Give the warriors in your second city Guerilla upgrades and they will be fine all the up untill you get Engineering. After this, upgrade them all to Crossbowmen. If you dont get any children with skeleton abilities, just train two more warrios. Send your scouts out early to get Knowledge of the Ether for free to upgrade Epona to use fireballs, and try to get a couple of Wolves and Spiders for the two cities to boost defence and happiness. The last two wonders were easy because the AI dont seem tech towards them A.S.A.P. Get an Elder Council put in first in both cities, and two scientists in your Capital. Of course, you will need Epona to boost your Science rate.

Top Bottom