how well will civ4 run on my system

dragokatzov

Warlord
I know it may seem like a really dumb question, but i am conserned about the graphic card not being able to handle it. i played doom 3 on my box, andsome levels were good, after fighting more than one enimey, it really slowed down. I would upgrade to a better GPU, but I am too cheap/broke to. I am guessing it will run smoothly, i just want to make sure.

As far as we know at present, you have plenty of capacity in that setup to run it, and from that angle you will have no issues.

The issues seem to be graphics related, and on some older or less stable hardware setups that sometimes triggers latent hardware issues that were always there in the User's setup, but never surfaced before as their hardware was never pushed to the limit.

On the face of it you should be fine - but be aware of the video issues flying around, if it does not work on that setup, dont automatically suspect your hardware, its highly likely to be software related.

Regards
Zy

The only thing I would suspect on... is the video card. Everything else looks great. Seems you are ready to run it. :p

ok great! thanks guys! I am thinking i am going to get it for xmas, so we will see!

hi dudes. ive got a toshiba laptop thats just under a year old and i just get a few minor problems when running civ 4. firstlywhen i run the game during the trailer the image and the sound skips all the way through, no big deal, i just click to continue to the main menu. but when it gets to the main menu i get a msg saying "civilization 4 will not run with these hardware settings" (or a similar msg. im not at my computer at the moment so i cant check) also, when i go into the options to change the graphics detail to anything above 'low' it asks me to restart the program before the settings can take effect, a standard requirement only when i do this the settings are still the same. the thing is i can still run the game fine on these settings. the only visable problem is that all the animals on the map are invisible, only their shadows remain, a minor annoyance.
my specs are:
interl pentium centrino 1.7ghz
70gig hard drive
16x cd/dvd rom and cd burner
not entirely sure what my video card is, i assume its this: intel 82852/82855 gm/gme graphics controller ...im not the most knowledgeable computer geek when it comes to the 'blood and guts' of my machine..
i was wonderring if i could get some advice on how to solve these little f*!k ups. ive already downloaded the most recent drivers for both my video and sound cards, ive got the new patch as well (also i noticed that before i had the patch the message on the main menu didnt show up. but i did have the problem that when i started a game the map was all dark..which is solved now). so, yeah. any thoughts would be much appreciated.
thanks

Top Bottom