is Vanilla civ3 disk, and civ3 complete compatible?

Plot a Lot

Chieftain
I have civ3 complete, but broke the first disk. I still have the disks for Conquests and PTW. For a while, I played by having downloaded a no-cd crack (which I got from a Russian Site, I could not find one from recommend sources, they had everything but what I wanted). But, I got to playing too much, and uninstalled everything.

My question is if I buy Civ3 vanilla or gold, will the expansion packs be compatible with it - that is to say, will they work- together? Assuming I can find v129f.

I don't know. If anyone does, help, please.

All help appreciated.

And, thanks.

Why are you trying to run Vanilla? Gold has more. You don't need to be running Vanilla if you got Gold.

As I understand it, you can't install the expansions because you don't have an unbroken vanilla CD.

Get either a vanilla CD or gold, then install it first. Then install Conquests. Then apply the Conquests 1.22 patch.

That's all you need to do, and you'll have 1.29f Civ3, 1.27f PTW and 1.22 Conquests from those actions. (PTW is included in Conquests, and Conquests updates vanilla and PTW to their final patches.)

Top Bottom