The Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almightyjosh

Governor in Waiting
This is the home of the Senate. I am Almightyjosh, first and only Senator of Fanatika and I welcome you to my House.
It is open to all for any purpose which is goodly and pertains to senate buisness. Specifically, I would like to see discussions of issues (I will start some, but anyone is free to do so) that relate to how the Province should be run. Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have of me.

As our Senate grows, this list will be updated, but for now:

Governors:
Almightyjosh - Asyupo

(as.y.n.p.o. is AS Yet Un-named Province One, come to think of it Asyupo is not such a bad name....)

Use your powers wisely, AJ. May the force be with you.

Asyupo.. sounds like Asyut. :)

Just use n/a for it ;-)

AJ:
this will get very lonesome for a while :p
you are the only one who really is allowed to use this thread

AJ, i volunteer as mayor of our first city. As i saw no province thread i do this in here :p

Originally posted by disorganizer
Just use n/a for it ;-)

AJ:
this will get very lonesome for a while :p
you are the only one who really is allowed to use this thread

No, this thread is for communication between the Senate (currently me) and the citizenry, not just for Senators, so post away.
I am takin applications for Mayor of the First city, but it will not be on a first come basis.

Governor Almightyjosh,

I respectfully request that your initial build queue for our soon to be founded capital city consist of two warriors followed by a settler, as per my early aggression proposal. I believe that whether that proposal be accepted or no, this would represent a good start for our civilisation and I hope that you will concur with me.

~Eklektikos
Fanatikan War Minister

i think we need to focus on settlers and city improvements early on. once we have developed a strong and wealthy infrastructure, then and only then can we afford a military.

neutral leader, we will never have a strong and wealthy infrastructure without a military to, at the very least, defend us. Other Civs *will* stomp us if we are not strong

then we have a dilemma, because early emphasis on military will deprive or, at the very least, seriously delay building a strong and wealthy infrastructure.

we will have a dual strategy. we will propably use bavaria as production centre for our military at first, and the next 2 cities (imho) as settler-factories to pop up other cities for unit production.

NL, in the games I have played using an early aggression approach, infrastructure in terms of city improvements is slightly delayed, however, we will need to, for example, improve tiles to maximize city growth and production. It depends on how you are defining infrastructure.

i whole-heartedly thank the great iguanaman for his support on this critical issue. i am certainly not denying the need for defense, but offensive power can be deferred till much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom