Barbarian Team & Peace

I know there's a command somewhere like SetWarState (or something similar) in lua, but have no idea if it will work for/with barbs. Oh, duh, you were trying ForcePeace() anyway.

huh. So their Team ID is the same as their ID? Or do they count as a Team when checking for Diplomacy status yet not when calling their Team ID? Is this some result of that known Fireaxis spaghetti trouble?

I tried Forcing Peace on both player and team level, neither worked (although the team one I was just shooting for the stars in hope something was hit :p) I'll try MakePeace, thank you! :)

Since we are on the subject of barbarians... The 'Player:CanTrain' check will always return nil for the Barbarians because they don't own a city, right? This is my impression, but I can't confirm.

, but I can't confirm.
Why not? Just try it in Fire Tuner and find out. (I don't know the answer off the top of my head. My guess is that it will work and reflects the civ uniitclass table in Civilizations - I forget what that's called.)

playerID and teamID for barbs are both 63. I think these IDs are always the same except for full players that have been changed in Advanced Setup.

Didn't work. :(
That's surprising. I've never tried it for the normal barbs, but my mod changes player 62 to a separate barb faction and it works fine for them. Are you sure your code fired? (And why are you testing a function this way anyway? It would be safer and easier to test in Fire Tuner where you could verify all your other variables.)

I mean, I know every check for CanTrain fails I don't know the why.
I need more tests...

That's surprising. I've never tried it for the normal barbs, but my mod changes player 62 to a separate barb faction and it works fine for them. Are you sure your code fired? (And why are you testing a function this way anyway? It would be safer and easier to test in Fire Tuner where you could verify all your other variables.)
I'm sure it fired. I'm not very familiar with FireTuner yet, I'm reading two guides here on CFC to get more intimate.

POST-EDIT-EDIT: Well, caress me gently and call me Shirley, didn't it work?! :D

Top Bottom