Requested Mods

Island/bay ones sound interesting to me, as do more lakes.

Montijin- As far as changing FOY and Kilimanjaro, are you looking to change their special to something that's still a unit enhancement but just less powerful, or just making them yield-boosters like most natural wonders?

A tile yield boost if necessary. I'd like to just start with removing the traits entirely. I think its only a few lines of code to do it.

A tile yield boost if necessary. I'd like to just start with removing the traits entirely. I think its only a few lines of code to do it.

Looks like it- if someone just goes onto the features table and deletes

PHP:
<AdjacentUnitFreePromotion>PROMOTION_ALTITUDE_TRAINING</AdjacentUnitFreePromotion>

for Kilimanjaro you're done. I'd assume the same for FOY. Obviously would need to add in some appropriate tile yields to replace but that's about it.

Mod Idea/Suggestion: I'd like/prefer it if people doing additional resource mods, specifically bonus/luxury resources, would publish their resources individually, so people can be more al-a-carte in what they want to add. There are a bunch of good resource mods outs there, but I usually only want to add 2-3 to my game and not 10 or 12.

edit- can someone tell me the preferred tag for XML code? I'm a noob.

Another mod that I'd like/would possibly beg for- a primitive religion mod that lets you basically stay within the pantheon beliefs. You maybe get to pick 1-2 more pantheon beliefs in total, can build some unique versions of inquisitors/missionaries to keep your religion up, and maybe some unique buildings/traits for doing it?

Downsides most likely include remaining weak to other religions and not being able to spread as well as normal religions?

Im not a modder at all, I just have a need I hope some one can fix(well 2 really). If they already exist, please point me in the right direction.

#1 A tech tree better balanced historically. Real simple tweak of sailing being replaced by pottery and fishing taking pottery's place. Fishing would have workboats, fishing, embarking so that island civilization and archipeligo map users can get a faster start. Then cargo ship and trireme go into optics. If someone could just tell me how to do this with the visual editor, I'd do it myself but I cant figure it out. Cant think of any other changes but if you know a tree that has something like this already, again, link me up.

#2 a Real life speed. By that I mean I want 6000 turns between 4000bce and 2000ce. I want units to be built in a realistic timeline FROM the beginning. I have no problem waiting 10 turns for a scout, 15 a worker/warrior, and 30 for a settler on year 4000. I just dont want that to be 3 ing centuries! Thats not realistic to me. If I had to deal with 15 year increments, it had better take one turn to make anything. Thats 15 years each turn gone at the marathon modded speed. When do I have time to make a religion and an army, and city/civilization worth marveling at. The egyptians didnt have just war chariots, or just the pyramids, or just polytheism, or just the anything. THEY HAD IT ING ALL. Why cant I in civ 5?

Thats all I want. I want units and buildings to take realistic turns, great pyramid was built in 20-30 years. In civ 5 20-30 turns can be half a millenia and they usually make it at least 50 turns. Colossous of rhodes took 12 years. And I dont want workers working on farms or roads for 100s of years to build them. It takes 5 years to make a good farm, max(guessing of course but its like 30 turns on marathon for some stupid ing reason). I want an army, I want war, I want to feel like I just lived through a simulation of the entire last 6000 years.

I believe the hit sitcom television show "Seinfeld" needs to be a world wonder, or a civilization, or generally have a stronger presence in the game. I heartily encourage a more capable person than I who shares in this vision of a more Seinfeld-ified Civilization to no longer hold back, and turn this game into a game about nothing.

Other than "Really Advanced Setup", is there a mod that remembers modcivs used in the last game? I rarely play without a few modcivs installed, but having to re-select each time is tedious. Ideally, I'd love some code that just remembers modcivs without enabling other changes (and without needing to use the Advanced screen, although the saved choices would still appear there). If a mod like this is possible without DLL hacks, I'll be the firsr to install it.

Are proper canals possible in the game? There is a mod on the workshop called Bridges and Canals that converts the Pontoon Bridge from the Civil War scenario to a tile improvement that allows ships to travel on land. It is very basic and uses the same render for the bridge. I was wondering if it were possible to create a canal mod that only allowed a connection on a single tile isthmus (like how cities work as canals in the base game) with proper graphics, and maybe added a 2 point movement penalty for ships passing through.

Are proper canals possible in the game?
whoward69's Passable Forts also serves the same purpose (note: requires his Various Mod Components DLL).

As far as "proper graphics," we don't have access to CiV's graphical engine DLL, so it would never look right.

I didn't see a Request thread in the Map Scripts forum, so I guess I'll have to post it here. Would anyone be able to create a mod for a "Random" map selection that includes all map scripts (that the player owns, of course). I'm no modder, but is it possible to create a script that just selects from all available maps? The "Random" map in the game only selects from Archipelago, Continents, Pangaea, and I think Fractal. I would like to be surprised when I play and wind up with a Sandstorm, Large Islands, Scrambled Australia, or Terra (which would give me the true surprise of discovering an unknown continent).

As it is now, I don't think I'd ever intentionally select most of the maps (especially the "scrambled" ones) because I'm terrible at making decisions and I enjoy a little randomness.

Mod that assign random religion for every civ in <Civilization_Religions>, should be triggered after additional civilizations are loaded.

Thanks.

I'd be interested in seeing a Mod that improves your diplomacy options.

For example when you ask someone to stop sending missionaries and prophets to convert your cities they respond with one of two answers. Either they'll stop or they'll ignore your request. Either way your only response to them continuing their activity is to Denounce them, which seems to have no real effect or to declare war on them and kill all their missionaries/prophets.

I'd like to see a further diplomacy effort something like this.

"You ignored our request to cease (choose an option)
1. Converting our cities to your heathen religion
2. Settling cities on land we claim
3. Expanding your borders

Depending on comparable military strengths or your balance of trade relations there could then be a further choice.

If you continue pursuing this course of action we will be forced to (choose an option)
1. Break off all trade and research agreements with you and turn to your enemies. (Breaks all agreements with no penalties to you but they receive a penalty to diplomatic relations with other civs.)

2. Close our borders to all of your people. (Trade continues but all civilian and military units ejected from your borders and cannot re-enter until such time as a new agreement is reached with a minimum number of 10 turns before it can be raised by either party.)

3. Consider a military option you will not like. (Allows you to declare war within 5 turns with no warmonger penalty)

Has someone already done something like this or is anyone willing to take up the challenge?

I've looked for a bit around the internet and havent found one yet...

Can we get a city production automator? I spend so much time micromanaging my cities late in the game but it doesnt feel right to just produce gold when i could be enhancing my cities for my citizens.

something like

produce _______
if unavailable produce _______

that way we could continually produce workers and/or units or just work our way down all the buildings without have to set up the queue for each city.

edit: and possibly one that also allows for any and all policies to be selected at once.

Im not a modder at all, I just have a need I hope some one can fix(well 2 really). If they already exist, please point me in the right direction.

#1 A tech tree better balanced historically. Real simple tweak of sailing being replaced by pottery and fishing taking pottery's place. Fishing would have workboats, fishing, embarking so that island civilization and archipeligo map users can get a faster start. Then cargo ship and trireme go into optics. If someone could just tell me how to do this with the visual editor, I'd do it myself but I cant figure it out. Cant think of any other changes but if you know a tree that has something like this already, again, link me up.

#2 a Real life speed. By that I mean I want 6000 turns between 4000bce and 2000ce. I want units to be built in a realistic timeline FROM the beginning. I have no problem waiting 10 turns for a scout, 15 a worker/warrior, and 30 for a settler on year 4000. I just dont want that to be 3 ing centuries! Thats not realistic to me. If I had to deal with 15 year increments, it had better take one turn to make anything. Thats 15 years each turn gone at the marathon modded speed. When do I have time to make a religion and an army, and city/civilization worth marveling at. The egyptians didnt have just war chariots, or just the pyramids, or just polytheism, or just the anything. THEY HAD IT ING ALL. Why cant I in civ 5?

Thats all I want. I want units and buildings to take realistic turns, great pyramid was built in 20-30 years. In civ 5 20-30 turns can be half a millenia and they usually make it at least 50 turns. Colossous of rhodes took 12 years. And I dont want workers working on farms or roads for 100s of years to build them. It takes 5 years to make a good farm, max(guessing of course but its like 30 turns on marathon for some stupid ing reason). I want an army, I want war, I want to feel like I just lived through a simulation of the entire last 6000 years.

As silly as this sounds, I would actually like to try this.

Yeah, yeah, Civilization is far from history simulation, everything starts at the same turn and only grows, nothing crumbles, degrades, no new empires rise. No "Roman Empire" empire crumbling. Everything just evolves all the time, and someone might eliminate others.

But maybe with that silly realistic timeline this could be changed. There won't be constant evolving, there would be stagnation surely, unless you constantly fueling yourself like Romans, constantly expanding the empire. And maybe overstretching and degrading as you won't have tech evolving all the time to support your growth.

BUT:

I think it need a few complementary mods with it, all intertwined with. They're not thoroughly thouth, just what suddenly comes to mind.

1. "Beyond Earth" like "later spawns" with additional starting bonuses to be competitive. The spawns could be random and until medieval (or maybe renaissance, US after all) for example. Civs will spawn according to how many are alive, so as to keep the determined number (10 civs in game setup for example). If lots of civs get eliminated early, then more will spawn randomly until the end of "insert era", to try and keep 10 by the end of "insert era".
A good idea would be to randomly spawn civs by their uniques, so if the world (or one nasty empire) is just entered medieval, then Mongols could spawn with a few Keshiks and Khans at their disposal, or Vikings with berserkers. So a new threat might emerge once in a while, that could tear down a bit a stagnant / overstretched empire.

2. City sacking. I want not to conquer, not to puppet, but to sack a city. A city stays under the old ownership, you just pillage the heck out of it, receiving gold, culture and science according to what the city has. The more buildings (science and culture buildings giving science and culture bonuses) & population, the bigger the booty. You destroy lots, maybe 90% of buildings and some population. This is needed to get much needed boosts in a world that is not constantly evolving. Haven't figured how it's going to differ from razing. Perhaps razing doesn't yield science & culture bonuses, as you just angrily burn it to the ground :dunno:

3. Tributes. More straightforward than civ 5 and works with other civs. You just move your troops within 2-5 tiles form a target city and demand a tribute, so the city won't get sacked. AI should simply take into account the amount of your troops near the city and their troops in range. They might have a big army on other side of the continent, but will they won't have the time to move in time, so they'll might give in depending on the importance (size and development). But if they have a good army, they'll probably retaliate later, after giving it to demand, just as you'd do. You'll be faced with same dilemma, when say mongols emerge from uninhabited eastern part of the continent with 4 keshiks, a khan and 3 pikes, and ask for tribute to stop them from sacking the easternmost city when your legions are fighting Monty on your western reaches. You can also make a constant little tributes from weaker civs (in the form of 5 gpt for 30 turns) without specific city sacking threats.

4. Revolting. If you puppet / conquer a city far away from your capital, it will need means to keep it under your control. You need a road connection (or harbor) and a garrison in the city to suppress chance of revolt, if you have none, it will revolt pretty fast. Annexed more likely to revolt than puppets, so if you want a functioning city on the other side of the world, it's going to be very hard. Your own cities might become detached and revolve too, if you were so reckless as to live it be unconnected without garrison so far away. They won't revolt right away, but unhappiness will grow and they'll ask for independance and if you can't fix the situation, then you can grant it, it becoming a city-state with a random specialization.
- How revolting works: if no garrison, city just "converts" to rebels* with a couple of units for say 10 turns. You have time to put down rebellion and reclaim the city. If you didn't do it in 10 turns, it becomes sovereign nation (a city state if your own, CS originally or joins the previous owner if they still exist).
- If with garrison then a few units will appear in the countryside and attack the city.
* Rebel faction that is hostile to host (those they rebel against) but neutral to others. Other nations may supply units to rebels.

5. Slaves. Units cost maintenance, workers including. Slaves don't. You get slaves from captured, sacked cities (population points). 2 pop points for example could be transformed into slave worker maintenance free (yes maintenance free, it's game), 1 pop point could be moved into your cities for slave citizens (don't consume food or consume half :dunno:). Can sacrifice to boost production. Slaves don't count towards unhappiness. No one askes their opinion, they're always unhappy, duh. Only happiness of free citizens is what matters. Slaves can revolt, i.e. rebel units will appear depending on how much slave citizens there are in the city (each slave citizen is transformed into rebel unit, if slave workers are captured by them, they get transformed into rebel unit too).They may sack and raze your cities if unprepared. Chance of revolt depends on garrison and units in vicinity (up to 3 tiles form city) and slave to regular population percentage.
Can be abolished in world congress. Can also free slaves, become regular citizens who consume food normally and cost maintenance in case of workers. If there are "free" nations in the known world, chance of revolt grows, as well as unhappiness from your regular citizens. Obviously diplo penalties with "free" nations. More towards the modern times, pressure will grow through more "free" nations, techs and ideologies (not sure if this should be freedom only or freedom and order). It will be next to impossible to keep slavery in modern times to sheer pressure, not saying growing hostility form "civilized" nations, unless somehow world became a big dystopia, where there's no "free" nations to give additional pressure to begin with.

6. Costly wars. Wars cost money. So if you're up for some, make sure it's affordable. In addition to usual maintenance cost of a unit (or not, if certain policies etc.), you also get 1.5x :dunno: maintenace in neutral lands and double in hostile lands. Plus morale, which depends on your empire policies. It also diminishes when in hostile lands. Pillaging helps to restore morale and offset expenses, again depending on policies, something like "professional army" = high morale much longer, war spoils = higher morale and gold gain form pillaging, probably mutually exclusive. So vikings with berserkers would be a very good city sacking experts, and terrifying if on your borders. Romans with "professional army" more suited for long conquests etc. I had an awesome idea here how pillaging could have positive and negative effects, but I complitely forgot now :sad:

I have the Mongolia DLC, and I'm not happy with it. Instead of attacking the City States, I want it to have the same trait as the Germans: a chance of converting barbarian land units and a discount on the maintenance cost of land units, while also keeping the +1 bonus to mounted unit movement. Everything else about the DLC is fine.

Just changing the trait should not be hard, right? It's practically copy-and-paste from the German trait. Could somebody work on that for me? Thanks!

In fact, the Germans would be better for the CS bonus anyway. Throw in a +1 movement bonus for armored units, then replace the panzer UU with a teutonic knight of some kind. That would have a better feel for the Germans than what they have now, I think.

The main thing about the Mongols were that they were a lot of them. A horde. Being able to recruit barbarian units just makes sense for the Mongols, not for the Germans.

(app. 10,000 B.C.E.) The Neolithic Revolution was a major turning point in human history due to the fundamental change in which people lived. The shift from tribes of Hunter/Gatherers' to the harvesting and storing of food, and the domestication of animals led to permanent settlements, the establishment of social classes, and the eventual rise of civilizations.
I want to focus on the moments that depict this transition...
* No starting settlers and none available until Agriculture is discovered. (Which also queues City States)
* Each civ begins with a Tribe unit that allows an (barbarian) encampment to be set up.
* I want to know if this encampment can be modded to be a primitive city...
- A one-hex city w/o the ability to grow or expand
- No Palace only available buildings such as a Bonfire (granted from the free tech; Fire)
- Would also like it to be Nomadic, meaning it can have a button to Setup and Break camp
because once new techs are discovered it may yield a new resource that is more fertile.
* Would incorporate an existing mod that allows hex to be claimed by a Fortifying unit to depict the struggles of early tribes to control fertile lands.
* Each Tribe would begin as hostile to one another until a tech is discovered that promotes trade and cooperation.
* All Movement is restricted to one MP until Scouting tech is learned which allows the Scout to be constructed (two MP). Also the Scout can build a primitive road called a Path (no maint cost) that allows other units to gain an additional MP when on Path.
*and much more...
Just hoping that a skilled modder would be willing to help me by either showing me how to mod these changes and if they are even possible and better yet actually creating these changes.

Great Work as Treadable item on Diplomacy
Hello!
I always wonder way you only can trade Great Work for another Great Work and not on the diplomacy screen.

Let's get a example, in a war, you should be able to ask the great works as demand for peace treaty, just like you ask for gold, cities, resources...

But i don't know actually how and if can be made.

Anyone has a idea or know what files should be modified to build this mod?

I would like a mod that changes Warmongering so that you get less warmonger points for declaring war the more negative points you have with the civ and more warmonger points for declaring war on a civ that you have more positive points with

Top Bottom