What did Hitler think about Americans??

to quote him:

"I don't see much future for the Americans... It's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... My feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... Everything about the behavior of American society reveals that it's half Judaized, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?"

-Adolf Hitler

this is a pretty informative thread. good comments ther luiz. :)

i do know that Henry Ford was an admirer of the nazis as is a noted anti-semite. i've also read that IBM provided the Nazis w/ counters for the concentration camps :shakehead

El Justo said:
i've also read that IBM provided the Nazis w/ counters for the concentration camps :shakehead

Please... :shakehead
Nazi Germany bought lots of American goods, including war materiel, up to America's entry into the war - reminds you of Lenin's quote about capitalists selling communists the rope to hang them with - and yes, IBM counting machines were found in concentration camps... but that doesn't mean IBM provided them FOR the concentration camps. I presume they just didn't ask what they would be used for... and why should they?

El Justo said:
i've also read that IBM provided the Nazis w/ counters for the concentration camps :shakehead

Theres a book about how IBM helped the Nazis and its basically an exageration. IBM had a German department and essentially that section of the company broke away from the parent company so that effectively only the name was the same and the main IBM had no control of what their equipment was used for.

Dell19 said:
Theres a book about how IBM helped the Nazis and its basically an exageration. IBM had a German department and essentially that section of the company broke away from the parent company so that effectively only the name was the same and the main IBM had no control of what their equipment was used for.
hey, thanks for that info!

@dragonlord
and what you write makes it any better? :rolleyes:

Dell19 said:
It's a bit like the story of Fanta, the soft drink ya'know.

With the war the German section of the Coca Cola company was nationalised. Obviously they couldn't/wouldn't continue making coke. What to do instead? They came up this beverage made from oranges called "Fanta" (short for German "fantastisch" i gather).
It was very popular with the troops, or so it's said, and once the war was over US Coca Cola found themselves with the rights, the receipy and the customer base.

As for strange business deals, it's a bit ironic how the Ford company in the 1920's sold tens of thousands of Fordson tractors to the Soviet Union, to get their agriculture going.
But what the heck, it was only business and the Soviet money was as good as anybody elses.;)

Interestingly near the end of the 19th Century Austria copied the tabulating machines that the company that would eventually become IBM to tabulate their census like the Americans had. Hollerith, the inventor, did manage to convince the Russians that his machines were superior to the Austrian ones and worth the extra money.

luiz said:
I read it in Jonh Lukac´s The Hitler of History. Anyway, Hitler´s admiration of Ford is well known and documented.

There was a portrait of Henry Ford in the NSDAP HQ in Munich.

A poster in Hitlers office??? Was it to the right or left of his Backstreet Boys poster?

Dell19 said:

More or less the same with Opel being a part of GM, and pumping put trucks for the Wehrmacht.

Dawgphood001 said:
to quote him:

"I don't see much future for the Americans... It's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities... My feelings against Americanism are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance... Everything about the behavior of American society reveals that it's half Judaized, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?"

-Adolf Hitler

That was always my understanding of what Hitler thought of America.

Dragonlord said:
Please... :shakehead
but that doesn't mean IBM provided them FOR the concentration camps. I presume they just didn't ask what they would be used for... and why should they?

Just like the companies who built the massive ovens for the death camps or the companies that provided the SS with Zyklon B or the buisinesses that used slave labour.

'Just following orders' and 'we didn't know' were much repeated phrases at nuremburg and the years following Hitler's demise.

Dragonlord said:
I take it you don't see England as a part of Europe? :crazyeye:

Dragonlord;

At that time England was really the hub of a global
commercial maritime empire and not part of Europe.

Nowadays nearly everybody, except Tony Blair etc who thinks
we are part of Bush's Jesusland, regards England as part of Europe.

In one of his books, either Mein Kampf or his unreleased second one, he loves Americans and the British, the former mostly because of race-based immigration policies and the latter mostly because in the earlier racist theories he had they were apart of the Nordic Race. Then in the other, he thought the Americans were "racially degenerate" and furthermore saw them as a major rival and a war between the Germans (who, in his vision, would have conquered mainland EUrope by then) in the 1980's.

I know in his second book he laid out the 1980's war thing, so I naturally assume he became disdainful of America in that one.

rilnator said:
Just like the companies who built the massive ovens for the death camps or the companies that provided the SS with Zyklon B or the buisinesses that used slave labour.

'Just following orders' and 'we didn't know' were much repeated phrases at nuremburg and the years following Hitler's demise.

Yes, but it doesn't follow from that that there weren't occasions when it was actually a reasonable defence. Why should IBM have been suspicious of an order for calculators? It's hardly as suspicious as an order for vast amounts of poison gas.

If a company wins a contract to build something. They generally do a bit of research as to what they are requested to supply will be used for in order to make the best possible product for that job. Any self respecting company would.

rilnator said:
If a company wins a contract to build something. They generally do a bit of research as to what they are requested to supply will be used for in order to make the best possible product for that job. Any self respecting company would.
And even if they asked the Nazi government questions about the use of their machines, do you really think they got an honest answer?

"You see, we need those machines in order to compile data for our planned genocide..."

Top Bottom